What's new

Atheist Billboards Target US Muslims

last time I checked Christianity is defined by Trinity which by its very name and nature negates the concept of monotheism.

they are 3 different thing but then again they are 3 different view of a same thing

i leave it here. Its so difficult to understand other religions :frown:

Previously they have targeted Christians of many sects, jews and now muslims. This doesnt warrant news. Unlike in our part of of the world, 'target' here does not mean 'kill'. america has very clear views over freedom of expression and one cannot expect to lead a life observant of all peoples sensitivities...

everyone and anyone has a right to promote anything one wishes. It is nothing different from advertisements such "Jesus Loves You". If that doesn't make a headline, this shouldn't.

This is anti Christian poster before its Anti Islam or jew, This poster will cause Islam and Jews to hate Christians.
This is sedition, and war causer, people need to think out side the box before they accuse Christians of this foolish acts.

America is free country. Christians put huge billboards about jesus and quotations from bible, what is wrong in atheist doing their bit.
It is just a shock tactic similar to gay right movement( I owe my knowledge about gay people to the awareness campaign which is not in good taste most of the time, but does get the point across)

This is anti Christian poster before its Anti Islam or jew, This poster will cause Islam and Jews to hate Christians.
This is sedition, and war causer, people need to think out side the box before they accuse Christians of this foolish acts.

:lol:

Atheist are not Christian.

https://www.facebook.com/AmericanAtheists/photos

428156_10150597337062418_71352317417_8892382_727288694_n.jpg

419992_10150627096462418_71352317417_8989796_1898594053_n.jpg

419648_10150627096527418_71352317417_8989797_1809282795_n.jpg

they are consistant!
I donk think they care whether you are jew muslim or christian

Honestly, I see no problem with this,
If they can convince Muslims to leave their faith just by saying "c'monnnnnnnnnn you know its a myth" then I would have to question how much they actually know of their faith.
Plus it will help us get rid some of the stupider people who give Muslims a bad name.

Honestly, I see no problem with this,
If they can convince Muslims to leave their faith just by saying "c'monnnnnnnnnn you know its a myth" then I would have to question how much they actually know of their faith.
Plus it will help us get rid some of the stupider people who give Muslims a bad name.
Most stupid people are sure they are right, they dont change their mind often.

I get some many targeted ads asking me to convert to this religion or that. Seriously why do we even discuss an ad in the US?

The only weird thing I find is that some religious people call atheism a religion, which is pretty dumb even for the infinitely circular weird 'logic' used by theology.

Atheism is increasing and not in stagnation

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

but its true religions do create wars and terrorism look at hindu muslims christians jews all are fighting for domination.

^ Not really , its your lack of knowledge. Religion is not the basic of any war around the world , its politics and economical intrusts.

Joseph stalin , Hitler , Kim jong il were all atheists and killed millions of people.

Atheists%20Billboards%20Target%20US%20Muslim.jpg

PATERSON – American Muslims ignored a new billboard campaign launched by an atheist group targeting Muslims around New York City calling Islam a myth, saying it make it harder for people of different beliefs to build bridges.

“This is not the first time in history, and not the last time,” Mohamed El Filali, executive director of the Islamic Center of Passaic County, told NorthJersey.com.

The new signs were erected last Monday by the organization American Atheists, which paid $15,000 to post for a month at a busy intersection at 33rd Street and Broadway, two blocks from the Islamic Center of Passaic County.

The sign will carry this slogan in both English and Arabic *— “You know it’s a myth … and you have choice.”

The Arabic word for God, or Allah, appears to the left of the text.

Other billboards will carry similar messages in ethnic neighborhoods across the country as the national advocacy group for nonbelievers attempts to reach out to “closeted atheists” in non-Christian religious communities.

A billboard bearing an identical message in English and Hebrew will go up in a heavily Jewish section of Brooklyn.

Images of both billboards were posted on the American Atheist website.

Dave Silverman, the president of American Atheists, said the signs are intended to reach atheists in the Muslim and Jewish enclaves who may feel isolated because they are surrounded by believers.

“They don’t watch as much television. They don’t read as much on the Internet,” Silverman said.

“They marry very young and they are not educated in how to live a life outside of their community.”

New York is home to some 800,000 Muslims, about 10 percent of the city's population.

There are about 100 mosques throughout New York’s five boroughs.

The United States is home to an estimated Muslim minority of seven to eight million.

Ignored

El Filali, from the Islamic Center of Passaic County, ignored the campaign, adding it will make it harder for people of different beliefs to learn from each other.

“I respect people’s opinion about God; obviously they are entitled to it,” he told the CNN.

“I don’t think God is a myth, but that doesn’t exclude people to have a different opinion.”

But El Filali bemoaned the billboards as another example of a hyper-polarized world.

“Sadly, there is a need to polarize society as opposed to build bridges,” he added.

“That is the century that we live in. It is very polarized, very politicized.”

The American Religious Identification survey has found that the number of people claiming "no religion" as doubled during the past 18 years to form 15 percent of US population.

In some states like South Carolina, the number of non-believers has more than tripled.

Another recent study by Trinity College in Connecticut also revealed atheism is growing in the US.

Some believe that atheist organizations have flourished in recent years fed by outrage over the former George W. Bush administration’s embrace of the religious right and its religion-colored policies.

Others refer the phenomenon to a spate of anti-religion books which flooded the market during the former administration.

Atheist Billboards Target US Muslims - Americas - News - OnIslam.net

It is best to IGNORE the MORONS.....

Back
Top Bottom