What's new

At least 50+ dead in Kabul suicide attack

indeed, very sad incident,

I was holding my breath to hear any news about an attack in Pakistan in this Moharam since the release of the LeJ leader Malik Ishaq. Actually its so tempting for a certain group of people who wont let this moment pass. This same group now represents AQ in Pakistan.

but sadly they struck in Afghanistan. my deepest sympathies to my Afghan brothers for the innocent loss of life at the hands of the terrorists. this has nothing to do with the fight against the occupation. this was pure and evil terrorism, nothing religious about it just pure murder.

Some Pakistani sectarian groups like Sipah Sahabah and Lusker Jhagvi have gone to Afghanistan in the past and joined the Taliban when there were targeted killing of the Shias after capturing the towns from northern alliance. Likewise, in Pakistani border areas like Parachinar, when the Shia villages are attacked, the Afghan Taliban join the attackers to give them a helping hand.

The common theme in all such religious or sectarian attacks is when there is anarchy and lack of government control, the religious bigots that are armed and violent they take advantage of the situation because they know they can get away with it. so there were incident s in Egypt and Nigeria between Muslims and Christians (maybe to less extent) and then Iraq and Pakistan in grand scale and indeed Afghanistan.

Incidents like these remind us that why we need NOT to follow the examples, actions and attitudes of the savage terrorists, if we are to be remembered and identified as people who valued the lives of other people like ourselves and accepted that people of other faith, colour and ethnicity had the same right to live in peace and forcing them to adapt our way of life was no different to that of the extremists then we need to stop talking the language of hatred.

May all the slain Rest in peace, what a terrible way to die. I just don’t know which god these terrorsits pleased by killing these people. Its definitely not the one that I and many of my fellow Pakistanis follow.

are you referring to Saraj uddin Haqqani? then correction for you my dear we have links with them but we dont support them.
it is these links which have enabled the Americans and Haqqanis to hold talks which we arranged. it is really strange that Americans dont mind our help in arranging peacetalks with Haqqanis for them while they want us to seek out and finght the Haqqanis in Waziristan at the same time.

there is no other group that is being supported by Pakistan, if by Pakistan you mean state of Pakistan. there are indeed Pakistani Taliban who seek shelter in Afghanistan and even make videos from there taunting Pakistan. I wish there are attacks on them too by the NATO / and ANA forces.

for the sake of the dead please dont make such remarks that can cause flamming its a request as a fellow member not a moderator

your comment reminds me of a video where a British professor was saying that similar attacks in Iraq were carried out by British agents that instigated the secterian war in Iraq.

check this link out. see how the American money is spent to protect its "FREEDOM"

State-Sponsored Terror: British and American Black Ops in Iraq

Irfan bhai, Pakistan has been really clamping on LeJ & SSP elements in the country over the past few months, & really been strengthening on the security & LEAs. Which explains why sectarian violence in Pakistan has decreased significantly.

Numaish killing: Over 100 ASWJ, LeJ activists detained in surprise night-time raids – The Express Tribune

150 suspects detained | Provinces | DAWN.COM

Pir Chunnbal: Security forces launch operation in Jhelum – The Express Tribune

Will anyone disagree that terrorists are the biggest enemy of peace? By killing over 60 people on the day of Ashura, did they not show that they do not even care about the sanctity of one of the holiest days of the Muslim calendar? Our condolences go out to the Afghan nation and especially the families of all who were killed and injured. Terrorists may take any name, but their mission is to kill and destroy. No religion allows the killing of innocents in any circumstances. These terrorists have been killing without remorse for the last decade.

We have been so focused on organizations like the Afghan Taliban, TTP, Haqqani Network, and the Quetta Shura that we have not put our focus on smaller organizations that have been following the footsteps of the Taliban terrorists. They have the same ambitions and agenda. Today’s suicide attack proves that. It also proves that it is even more important for all who have stake in the region’s peace to work together in eliminating all terror groups so peace is given a chance.

Maj David Nevers
DET-United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

Afghan Govt is already failed. Taliban / AQ don't need to start sectarian violence to further weaken them. This excuse or theory does not holds ground. Taliban are at strength and Afghan govt / NATO / US are on the loosing side so far.

This most probably is the work of someone else.

Of course they do. They want to speed things up to weaken the govt. Nobody wants to give the enemy time to recover. After 10 years you want to wait any longer. Better to cause sectarian violence than have to keep waiting many more years. Especially when strengthening the govt. and the military. Common sense. Remember what happened after Russia pulled out? Civil war. As somebody else said this is nothing new.

Afghan Govt is already failed. Taliban / AQ don't need to start sectarian violence to further weaken them. This excuse or theory does not holds ground. Taliban are at strength and Afghan govt / NATO / US are on the loosing side so far.

This most probably is the work of someone else.

someone else? whats your opinion?

The obvious question in all these cases is 'who benefits?'.

I can't for the life of me understand who benefits from creating sectarian violence in Afghanistan or anywhere else.

Lashkar e Jangvi has claimed responsibility.

AFAIK, This group was born and bred in Pakistan and now its offshoot are causing mayhem in Afghanistan, may even cross over to India to do the same. Its high time, the PA/ISI start cracking down on LeT, LeJ and all assorted groups that use Islam for violence. How much longer will they allow Islam to be maligned by these people?

Lashkar-e-Jhangvi al Almi, an obscure Pakistani extremist group claims responsibility for attack that killed at least 55 people | World news | The Guardian
A spokesman for an obscure Pakistani extremist group called Lashkar-e-Jhangvi al Almi claimed responsibility in a phone call to Radio Mashaal – a Pashto language radio station.

Lashkar-e-Jhangvi al Almi is a small faction based in Pakistan's tribal area and is considered an even more radical offshoot of Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, (LeJ), a murderous anti-Shia group founded in 1996. Both groups act as surrogates for al-Qaida.
Earlier this year, the Pakistani courts freed Malik Ishaq, one of LeJ's founders. Ishaq had faced dozens of murder charges but the courts said there was lack of evidence – his group had allegedly killed numerous witnesses who may have testified against him.

AFAIK, This group was born and bred in Pakistan and now its offshoot are causing mayhem in Afghanistan, may even cross over to India to do the same. Its high time, the PA/ISI start cracking down on LeT, LeJ and all assorted groups that use Islam for violence. How much longer will they allow Islam to be maligned by these people?

Lashkar-e-Jhangvi al Almi, an obscure Pakistani extremist group claims responsibility for attack that killed at least 55 people | World news | The Guardian
A spokesman for an obscure Pakistani extremist group called Lashkar-e-Jhangvi al Almi claimed responsibility in a phone call to Radio Mashaal – a Pashto language radio station.

Lashkar-e-Jhangvi al Almi is a small faction based in Pakistan's tribal area and is considered an even more radical offshoot of Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, (LeJ), a murderous anti-Shia group founded in 1996. Both groups act as surrogates for al-Qaida.
Earlier this year, the Pakistani courts freed Malik Ishaq, one of LeJ's founders. Ishaq had faced dozens of murder charges but the courts said there was lack of evidence – his group had allegedly killed numerous witnesses who may have testified against him.

EjazR, This is what the Afghan interior ministry have to say:

Afghan attacks Taliban, not sectarian, says interior ministry

Two attacks apparently targeting Shia Muslims have killed at least 58 people in Afghanistan.

In the deadliest incident, a suicide bomb struck a shrine in Kabul, while another blast struck near a Shia mosque in the northern city of Mazar-i-Sharif.

But Afghan Interior Ministry spokesman, Sadiq Saddiqi, said he believed the attacks were not sectarian.

He told BBC News he thought the Taliban were responsible for the attacks.

A Taliban statement said the group had not been behind either incident.

BBC News - Afghan attacks Taliban, not sectarian, says interior ministry

A person calls a radio station and says this and this did it and it becomes official. Strange.

As i said, its the work of someone to bring further tensions in the already strained relationship we have with US / Afghanistan.

Before it was Haqqani's and now this new fundaaa program will start. Blame once again Pakistan for this new thingy to hide their own incompetence.

The game is getting better and better and more innocents are dead and more will die in coming future.

A person calls a radio station and says this and this did it and it becomes official. Strange.

As i said, its the work of someone to bring further tensions in the already strained relationship we have with US / Afghanistan.

Before it was Haqqani's and now this new fundaaa program will start. Blame once again Pakistan for this new thingy to hide their own incompetence.

The game is getting better and better and more innocents are dead and more will die in coming future.

The media is coming up with stuff like "rare/unprecedented attack", & playing up Taliban's alleged denial, as if the Taliban could not be responsible for such an attack. Even the Afghan interior ministry says the Taliban was behind this attack.

Isnt it the same Taliban that Pakistan supports in Afghanistan ?

I hope you won't post anymore on this thread since you have done your job of relating Pakistan with this incident. Time for next thread to bash Pakistan. Same goes for idiots thanking your post.

Kabul shrine bomber was Pakistani, affiliated with LeJ: Afghan official
By AFP
Published: December 7, 2011

Afghan men cary the coffin of a victim of a bomb attack against Shia Muslims outside the Karti Sakhi Shrine in Kabul on December 7, 2011. PHOTO: AFP
KABUL: An Afghan official claimed Wednesday that the bomber who attacked a shrine in Kabul was a Pakistani, affiliated with the sectarian militant group Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ).
Afghans were Wednesday burying 59 people killed in unprecedented bombings against Shia Muslims as officials blamed Pakistani militants, accusing them of trying to whip up Iraq-style sectarian violence.
Investigators are poring over who was behind the coordinated attacks in the Afghan capital Kabul and northern city of Mazar-i-Sharif that the Taliban, the main faction leading a 10-year insurgency, have denied carrying out.
The LeJ has not previously claimed responsibility for any attacks in neighbouring Afghanistan.
Experts suggest that if Lashkar-e-Jhangvi or indeed any other Pakistani militants orchestrated the attacks, then elements in the Afghan Taliban may have played some part, possibly in facilitating the strikes.
Tuesday’s blast on the holiest day in the Shia calendar marked the first major attack on a key religious day in Afghanistan.
The twin blasts have prompted fears of a slide into sectarian violence in Afghanistan.
Lutfullah Mashal, a spokesman for Afghanistan’s National Directorate of Security intelligence agency, confirmed that an investigation into the tragedy was now under way.
Sediq Sediqqi, a spokesman for the Afghan interior ministry, said the attack was the work of “the Taliban and their associates”, adding no-one else carried out such suicide attacks in Afghanistan.
An Afghan security official speaking on condition of anonymity said the bomber was from the Kurram agency in Pakistan’s border region and was connected to Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan (SSP).
The Afghan source added the attack aimed to “inflame sectarian violence in Afghanistan” but did not provide any evidence to back up his claims.
The official added: “This is not the work of the Taliban or if there is any Taliban involvement, it is very minimal.”
A Western security official speaking anonymously also suggested Pakistani involvement though stressed it was not clear whether this was “institutional”.
“We’re particularly looking at TTP (Tehreek-i-Taliban, the Pakistani Taliban) although at the moment we don’t have any proof,” he said. The source added he believed the attack “aimed to weaken Afghan society”.
A Pakistani security official speaking anonymously said Lashkar-e-Jhangvi was closely associated with the Pakistani Taliban.
But he added: “This group is on the run and doesn’t have the capacity to carry out attacks inside Afghanistan, particularly in Kabul.”

Pakistani security analyst Hasan Askari emphasised that there was no clear evidence at this stage of Lashkar-e-Jhangvi involvement.
“Lashkar people have ideological affinity with other militant groups operating in Afghanistan including Taliban and they support each other but they (Lashkar) have to establish that their strength is increasing,” he said.
Some analysts have raised fears of more sectarian violence in Afghanistan following the attacks but Shia leaders have urged calm in the aftermath.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

well i was expecting the blame to be put on PAK after me missed Bonn Conference .....

Back
Top Bottom