What's new

Assam violence death toll rises to 21, shoot-at-sight order issued

Of the 27 camps in Kokrajhar, 21 are being used by Bodos and five by Muslims. The remaining one is occupied by others. Of the 33,517 people residing in these camps, 26,117 are Bodos, 5,700 Muslim and 1,700 others.

I thought according to indians the midget bodo barbarians were kicking some serious a55
Wat happened? :undecided:

So, for 55 pages you claim there is no illegal immigration and suddenly your real cunning national neeyat spitted out.

Did you take lessons from Zaid Hamid. :rofl::rofl:

I understand your frustration when you tried to alienate Hindu Bengali from Muslim Bengali. Who is more cunning or making himself look like fool.

Don't worry brothers. We shall conquer and prevail just like the good old days :)

Ghazwa-whatever shall reign supreme.

And look! No nukes!! :rofl:

abu zulfiqar was talking about a greater bengal and you came with a yessir and you started talking about Assam.

The number of delusionists is surely going up by the day/

Well, now we can include Assam into the Greater Bangladesh, the more land the better, i'm sure Bangladeshis will agree with me.

The number of delusionists is surely going up by the day/

Hey, i never claimed to be an expert on this matter (India-Bangladesh immigration problem), i'm only learning now and frankly i find this particular topic interesting. Not every day is it that i find a particular topic concerning india or B'desh worth my time.

They are People of the Book. And this was in a Turkish program. And are you sure that Jews had a favorable view of Jesus? Please think again.

It is you who is trying to absorb them and their prophets into your religion. Not the other way around. Jews claim Judaism has an exclusive patent over divinity and not Islam or Christianity.

Islam was the one and true religion. That's the theory. Even Adam followed it.

What about Eve ?

It is still irrelevant. Muslims are not Islam.

So its perfect in theory..but useless in real world..correct ?

@Luffy: I have many questions..but gotto hit bed now. I'll ask them tomorrow. In the meantime please research who was the Prohpet who brought down the message in Tamil.

I understand your frustration when you tried to make alienate Hindu Bengali from Muslim Bengali. Who is more cunning or making himself look like fool.

Offcourse you guys, we helped you gain independence, now you dream about destroying India.

Well, now we can include Assam into the Greater Bangladesh, the more land the better, i'm sure Bangladeshis will agree with me.

Surely, these Bangladeshis look towards India for basic raw material to run their industries, they look towards India for basic food items, these daydreamers will create greater Bangladesh. :laugh:

Offcourse you guys, we helped you gain independence, now you dream about destroying India.
The Bangladeshis are only giving you their love and thanks for the assistance you gave them.

Looks like you guys opened a Pandora's Box, well maybe that's an exaggeration but we'll see.

If it is only as easy as typing on PDF..:lol:

BTW you are no expert in this matter.

Looks like you guys opened a Pandora's Box, well maybe that's an exaggeration but we'll see.

As I said, we cant take in them as our country men and their country as our 30th state. Sorry.

Maybe they are longing for joining India, but we dont want to touch them with a barge pole.

Surely, these Bangladeshis look towards India for basic raw material to run their industries, they look towards India for basic food items, these daydreamers will create greater Bangladesh. :laugh:

Well, according to a few indian members on this forum, as well as indian articles themselves, the Bangladeshis do most of the cheap labor and dirty jobs that some indians probably won't do, also they are hard working (according to articles posted by indians on this very forum).

So are they not contributing to indian economy and infrastructure?

On topic, I went through a lot of news articles about the recent riot in Assam, here are some interesting ones:

Humanity overrides differences as Bodos, Muslims help each other - The Times of India

Humanity overrides differences as Bodos, Muslims help each other
Simang Daimary, TNN | Jul 26, 2012, 03.19PM IST
KOKRAJHAR: At a time when miscreants of the Bodo tribal community and Muslims are engaged in an ethnic clash, a Muslim went out of his way to save the life of a Bodo tribal, Jageswar Basumatary.

Unaware of the riots gripping the region, Basumatary, an employee of UCO Bank at Nayahaat in Dhubri district, was discharging his duties as a cashier. He had no idea that he was holed up in a Muslim-dominated area. However, when he was about to return to his rented house at Fakiragram after work, a Muslim persuaded him not to, informing him about the Bodo-Muslim clash.

The Muslim offered him shelter at his home as there was no way for him to get to a safer place. He thought of his wife and five children back home at Katligaon in Baksa district, but he could not reach there without getting killed as the violence had already claimed many lives.

His Muslim host was determined to save Basumatary as he considered it his holy duty to send him home safely. However, trouble started when miscreants, who had heard of a Bodo tribal hiding in a Muslim's house, came asking for the man. They searched all the rooms and all possible hideouts, but could not find him. The host even declared they could take his life, but he would never tell them about the Bodo tribal's whereabouts. He said he had a dream the previous night where "Allah told him to save a man in trouble". The miscreants damaged his house and broke the window panes, but the host was stubborn.

Later that night, the Muslim helped him reach a place near Barsidiabari, a deserted Bodo village in Bilasipara. Basumatary then joined some Bodo men in the village and boarded a bus, which was shifting Bodo villagers to a safer place. Basumatary on Wednesday said, "My host would have given up his life to save me. I owe everything to him now. He is my 'Bhagawan' and 'Allah'."

A Bodo family in Kokrajhar too offered shelter to five Muslims in their house when the communal frenzy claimed many lives. The Bodo family, which does not wish to disclose their identity in public, kept the five Muslims in their house for a night and sent them to a safe place with the help of security forces on Monday.

'Elements outside Bodo areas fanning violence in Assam' - Rediff.com India News

'Elements outside Bodo areas fanning violence in Assam'
Last updated on: July 24, 2012 20:51 IST
Assam chief minister Tarun Gogoi on Tuesday hinted at the involvement of a third force behind the raging ethnic violence in Bodoland Territorial Autonomous District Council (BTC) areas of Kokrajhar and Chirang.

Gogoi called upon all the communities to exercise restraint and help the administration deal with the crisis. However, the president of the opposition All India [ Images ] United Democratic Force (AIUDF) Badaruddin Ajmol and the president of Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) Prafulla Kumar Mahanta blamed the Assam government for its failure to restore peace and harmony in the BTC areas.

Meanwhile, the Sub-divisional Police Officer of Bijni sub-division under the BTC area, Narayan Das on Tuesday sent his resignation to the state's director general of police protesting non-arrival of adequate forces to tackle the volatile situation.

On the other hand the BTC's chief executive member and the leader of Bodoland People's Front (BP), Hagrama Mohilary stated that some elements from outside the BTC areas, not the religious minority community living in BTC areas, were involved in fanning the violence affecting both Bodo tribe and the religious minority community in Kokrajhar and Chirang districts.

He also said that the situation would have been much better had additional forces arrived promptly as soon as the situation stared deteriorating since Saturday.

Meanwhile, the DGP of Assam Police J N Choudhury informed that 14 additional companies of paramilitary forces were being rushed to the violence-hit areas by the Centre while 40 companies were already deployed. A source informed that the Centre will send 15 more companies of forces to help the Assam government tackle the ethnic flare-up.
K Anurag in Guwahati

Since this thread was created by an Indian poster in Bangladesh section, I will meddle a little in Indian internal affairs and provide my take, suggestions and recommendation to avoid a repeat of these kind of inter-ethnic violence.

As I said before North East population are our brothers. The Bengali Muslim population should not be fighting with them. There are political forces within "mainland" India to exploit their differences and instigate conflicts between them.

Congress possible motivations:
- hide recent molestation scandal in Gowhati
- create communal/ethnic disharmony between Bengali Muslims and local tribals so they can use Muslims as vote bank

BJP possible motivations:
- create a communal issue where there was none before between Muslims and North East populations, as the conflict between two sides is mainly about migration and encroachment into their traditional habitat
- the above is done to highlight the mythical politically sensitive "Illegal Bangladeshi migrant" problem, where there is very little migration going on now under BSF shoot to kill policy and border fences along most of India-Bangladesh border
- this matches the overall strategy of making Muslims in India the scapegoat, just like Nazi's made the Jewish minority the scapegoat, the root cause of all the problems in their society

My message to both Bodo and Bengali Muslims political leadership in this area:

- be aware of "mainland" Indians trying to play divide and rule
- even if some people are found killed, please do not blame the other side, instead depend on authorities to follow due process and let law and justice take its course, do not take law into your own hand
- under no circumstances go into revenge killings, rioting and burning other's community
- fighting between Bengal Muslims and North East local population will help "mainland" India to take advantage of both groups and solidify their control over North East, with the excuse that both of you need the "mainland Indians" benevolent rule, so all sides can live in peace

As for local authorities and Indian central govt. my recommendation:
- act faster to quell violence
- jail instigators of violence from both sides
- please ask the media to verify their "illegal Bangladeshi" migrant crap before they endlessly spout their nonsense, egged by BJP and other Hindutva nationalists

Finally, my assessment is that I doubt any kind of Indian intelligence is involved in this incident. Because the whole govt. machinery look incompetent, unable to manage the situation. Could it be deliberate, I doubt it.

I doubt BJP was involved, but it is not impossible, specially since no one knows who killed the 4 Bodo former fighters. Hopefully investigations will uncover the perpetrators of the crimes and killings that triggered this incident.

Yup, to all nations it was revealed according to the need of that time. SO this subcontinent was
not excluded either. But after the death of the messenger the followers started to corrupt
it and add man-made instructions. That's why Quran was finally revealed with the complete
code of ISLAM and the Allah(swt) himself grantees that he will protect it till the end of time
as a mercy upon mankind.

Only the names of 25 prophets out of the 125000 mentioned in the quran were revealed. Allah(swt) didn't think it was necessary to reveal the names of the rest. But all those rest of the
prophets were righteous human beings and tried to spread the message of ISLAM.

Arabs and the whole world was going through their worse period and were in the age of darkness,
society was completely filled with barbarism and corruption of epitome levels. And this is for the first time the Message was revealed in arabic as Allah(swt) said no nation would be
excluded and that includes arabs too. As for why this final message is revealed to Arabs , Allah(swt) knows best. May be they were the best suited by Allah(swt) to spread the message.

As I said before , your hypothesis doesn't count and is irrelevant.

No idea about language of heaven? Never bothered about it. Have to consult with my
dad or some well known scholar. Will let you know after that. But as I said in another post
its not something to get bothered about in this world as Heaven is beyond Human comprehension.

I think I started this with someones comment about Bangla being a Hindu language, but Indians are trying to draw us into discussions on religion, which is not only off topic but not allowed in this forum.

WARNING: BJP and Hindutva hacks are trying to make North East and Bengali ethnic conflict mainly based on land issue into a communal Hindu-Muslim issue, which matches their agenda, do not get into religious discussions please

Back
Top Bottom