What's new

Assam violence death toll rises to 21, shoot-at-sight order issued

I would have stunned, had he accepted Bangladeshi interference.

If that were true, Bangladesh would have become a regional power by now (which it isn't).

Why BD would interfere? Its solely Indian affair. We are just enjoying the show.

No please, let them continue.

West Bengali speaks while closing their nose. Thats how they differentiate.

What the **** is that supposed to mean?

The ex-cadres of various Bodo insurgent outfits are coming into play with weapons...this is what I last heard.

Nope negative .. presence of IA makes it impossible.... I secretly hope that other sister tribes like dimasas , tiwas and karbis start cleaning up their respective homes too..we will suffer heavy damages but we need to clean up the mess we collected over 4 decades once for all..:angry:

Ground report: Assam on the edge, 44 dead

Guwahati: Clashes between Bodos and minority immigrants in the four Assam districts have continued for the fifth day in a row. The violence has been by and large contained but sporadic clashes were reported from Baksa, near Nalbari in lower Assam.
As many as 44 people have died and over two lakh in almost 400 villages have been displaced in the violence in the state.

Meanwhile, curfew was relaxed in Kokrajhar on Thursday, but three other districts of Dhubri, Chirang and Bongaigaon continue to be tense.

Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi conducted a survey of relief camps and met refugees while the Army has also conducted flag marches. State police, BSF and CRPF personnel are also patrolling affected areas.

Refugees who fled their villages are now staying in temporary relief camps set up in government schools and public buildings. They fear that if they go back, violence may erupt again.

"We don't have food, water or a house. We are staying at the relief camp," said a victim.
Recalling the violence, another victim said, "We were taking rest after lunch on Saturday when some miscreants came and attacked our village."

Thousands of people have escaped from their villages and most of their houses have been burnt down. They have taken shelter in temporary relief camp.

The people are still living in fear despite the army conducting flag marches and the paramilitary forces being present in the areas.

In his defence, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi has said, "Since three districts have been affected, it is wrong to say Assam is burning."

Gogoi surveyed the area on Thursday, five days after the violence erupted.
As the Congress government in Assam comes under fire for not being able to prevent and control the clashes in time, Home Secretary R K Singh said the Prime Minister would visit Kokrajhar on Saturday.

Ground report: Assam on the edge, 44 dead - India - Assam - ibnlive

Nope negative .. presence of IA makes it impossible.... I secretly hope that other sister tribes like dimasas , tiwas and karbis start cleaning up their respective homes too..we will suffer heavy damages but we need to clean up the mess we collected over 4 decades once for all..:angry:

Do you think you can win it? I mean through violence?

I am in support of preserving Bodo heritage but through co existence.

found this comment in another site , not sure about the jail terms ,but whatever said about India is true

If you cross the The North Korean border illegally, you get 12
years of hard labor in an isolated prison.
If you cross the Iranian border illegally, you get detained indefinitely.
If you cross the Afghan border illegally, you get shot.
If you cross the Saudi Arabian border illegally, you get jailed.
If you cross the Venezuelan border illegally, you get branded as a spy & your fate sealed.
If you cross the Cuban border illegally, you get thrown into a political prison to rot.
If you cross the British or US border illegally, you get arrested, prosecuted, sent to prison & be deported after serving your sentence.
Now ;
If you were to cross the Indian border illegally, you get from the sicular ruling Congress goondas:
1. A ration card
2. A passport (even more than one, if you so choose )
3. A driver's license k
4. A voter identity card k
5. Credit cards
6. A generous Haj subsidy
7. Job, college & school reservation
8. Special minority only privileges
9. Government housing on subsidized rent
10. Loan to buy a house
11. Free education & illegal guns. If arrested on any crime entitled to first class jails with biriyani for lunch.
12. Free health care & freedom to spy, print & distribute counterfeit money.
13. A lobbyist in New Delhi , with a bunch of media morons & a bigger bunch of human rights activists promoting your cause
14. The right to talk about secularism non stop, which you have not heard about in your own country!
15. And of course voting rights to elect corrupt sickular Congress beggars who want your votes !
16. Right to fight election as a Congress MLA or MP. Hats off to the Corrupt, communal sickular Indian Congress politicians
17. Pseudo-secular fundamentalists in India , who promote traitors & divide & rule people

You are welcome to flay the Congress as much as you like, but there was no need to bring secularism into this. As if secularism is a Congress characteristic! And putting in spicy little bits about pseudo-secularism, making it clear that both are one and the same, is even more provocative.

This is less than fair, considering the urgent need for secularism in government that these riots have demonstrated.

Accent! Bangladeshis have different accent from Indian Bengalis.

You a Bengali? I speak similar dialect of Assamese not Bangladeshi dialect neither west Bengali dialect. How do you explain that?

Why does it concern you so much .. it is our internal matter is nt it ?? in other BD forum, people are calling these people as razakars or something who you hate too , don´t you?? ..last 4 decades was the time of coexistence but the lust of these people for our land , the threat to our culture and our very existence is too big price you are suggesting us to pay , not acceptable to us.

Why to co-exist with foreigners at the first place. They need to coexist with their Bangladeshi brothers in their own home instead of illegal immigration.

No we keep both our nose and mouth wide open wide open.. All of us. Ask your parents. LOL

My parents are dead, my father 60 days ago, so it will be difficult.

However I speak the Dhaka dialect clearly, as do my surviving uncles and my aunt. There are none left on the Barisal side of the family. I also speak standard Bengali.

It was sad to read your comments. I have always respected you in the past for the dignity you display.

Why does it concern you so much .. it is our internal matter is nt it ?? in other BD forum, people are calling these people as razakars or something who you hate too , don´t you?? ..last 4 decades was the time of coexistence but the lust of these people for our land , the threat to our culture and our very existence is too big price you are suggesting us to pay , not acceptable to us.

Well I understand your concern even though most comes out of sheer fear. What is the total Bodo population? How the ownership of land determined? Do you have a land record? Do you consider the land as yours outside of your own possession which you inherited from your fathers (eg. govt land as yours)?

My parents are dead, my father 60 days ago, so it will be difficult.

However I speak the Dhaka dialect clearly, as do my surviving uncles and my aunt. There are none left on the Barisal side of the family. I also speak standard Bengali.

It was sad to read your comments. I have always respected you in the past for the dignity you display.

Well, I was sad to read your comment too besides all the sane member of Indian community. The only person who is very active in all other threads Labong kept quiet.

Back
Top Bottom