What's new

Ask India transit to China

looks too good to happen.

also tibet is a mountainous region,so we have to consider the economic feasibility too.

Nathula Pass is opened for trade only for few months and secondly experience with Bangladesh was very disappointing over transit, now our project at Sittwe in Myanmar is completing soon

So, exactly when Burma will complete that Sittwe port and start operating it for Indian use? By the way, has India already checked the terrain and did topographic surveys to lay out a road plan from Sittwe to your NE? This route may be longer and more difficult than the route even in the Chicken Neck. Anyway, I am hearing this India-financed Sittwe port since the last twenty (or, is it ten?) years, but there is no news that speaks for itself, there is no progress. I must also say this route is less practical than any other routes that also includes the transit option via BD.

of course...why do we would pass the benifit to someone who does not want Indian to prosper??...When people expect any benifit, then they should be prepared to share some benifit to others too..Nothing is free ...That is why you people are not giving any transit to India....

I have thanked you for a good answer and not that i like the answer. BD is not willing to give transit to India, because the population feel betrayed by Indian policy of building barrage and dams across the boundary that creates problems in Bangladesh. Well, this is one of many reasons only.

So, exactly when Burma will complete that Sittwe port and start operating it for Indian use? By the way, has India already checked the terrain and did topographic surveys to lay out a road plan from Sittwe to your NE? This route may be longer and more difficult than the route even in the Chicken Neck. Anyway, I am hearing this India-financed Sittwe port since the last twenty (or, is it ten?) years, but there is no news that speaks for itself, there is no progress. I must also say this route is less practical than any other routes that also includes the transit option via BD.

Sittwe will ready for use this year(2013). The Economist magazine reported that roads in Bangladesh are in very bad shape incapable of giving us transit. So, indeed our future trade potential lies with Myanmar.

2 months back we opened an 11.2Km long railway tunnel in Kashmir and converting Jammu-Srinagar highway into four lanes in the mountains of Kashmir. So, don't doubt our road building capability.

Oh really, you guys are incredible, what about Jamat e Islami and BNP who blame India even a light bulb stop working. :omghaha: The Economist reported Bangladesh even don't have proper roads to provide transit. How can Bangladesh make us isolated. :omghaha: We have Myanmar.

So, would you like to tell us how do you want to connect to Burma without a transit through BD? Are you talking about a sea route. Yes, we always say BD does not have proper roads and ask India to build up some of our roads that will connect Kolkata with NE. But, do not get panicked when you hear the price of such road and bridge building. It is a $7 billion price tag that India will have to bear and the transit fees, too. You are not ready and you are in no position to bargain. Thodi si shakkar to dala kare!!!

So, would you like to tell us how do you want to connect to Burma without a transit through BD? Are you talking about a sea route. Yes, we always say BD does not have proper roads and ask India to build up some of our roads that will connect Kolkata with NE. But, do not get panicked when you hear the price of such road and bridge building. It is a $7 billion price tag that India will have to bear and the transit fees, too. You are not ready and you are in no position to bargain. Thodi si shakkar to dala kare!!!

Direct from Kolkata to Sittwe by ship. Investment for Sittwe is only $140 million, its indeed a better deal.

@Kiss_of_the_Dragon : Forget india, BD-China can make it straight through (independent) Assam, South Tibet....how is the idea ;)

You really need a cup of strong black coffee
57.gif
..nothing less will wake u up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have thanked you for a good answer and not that i like the answer. BD is not willing to give transit to India, because the population feel betrayed by Indian policy of building barrage and dams across the boundary that creates problems in Bangladesh. Well, this is one of many reasons only.

Even that seems crocodile tears. Why noise only about tiny rivers like Barak or Teesta, while not about Chinese dams on mightly Brahmaputra.

I never heard any Bangladeshi saying Tibet is earthquake prone or Chinese dams on Brahmaputra will convert Bangladesh into a desert, Bangladeshi logic don't sound same like Tipaimukh dam on tiny barak river. :girl_wacko:

@Kiss_of_the_Dragon : Forget india, BD-China can make it straight through (independent) Assam, South Tibet....how is the idea ;)

wake up wake up!! in real world Bangladeshis are trying to get smuggled goods from India. :omghaga:

Dude, India is dreaming that Bhutan and Nepal join India union, now you just pour cold water on their faces with independant Assam. :omghaha:

Even that seems crocodile tears. Why noise only about tiny rivers like Barak or Teesta, while not about Chinese dams on mightly Brahmaputra.

I never heard any Bangladeshi saying Tibet is earthquake prone or Chinese dams on Brahmaputra will convert Bangladesh into a desert, Bangladeshi logic don't sound same like Tipaimukh dam on tiny barak river. :girl_wacko:
wake up wake up!! in real world Bangladeshis are trying to get smuggled goods from India. :omghaga:

I have written many times that contrary to what the Indians want us to believe, a Chinese dam with great reservoirs at the northern foot of the Himalayas will not harm us. Rather, it will help us by withholding rainwater during summer and releasing the same during lean period. Why should China release the water in winter? It is because China has to send a part of water downstream towards Assam through a power plant in order to produce electricity to be used to send water for irrigation to the Chinese north.

So, it will build power stations at the north of Arunachal (south of Tibet) and allow A PART of reservoir water to come down the slope also during winter, and produce electricity. As a result, a Brahmaputra dam if built in the Chinese side will only help us. Our part of water has to come down the slope after it generates electricity.

Since India is there to steal that winter water by building dams, therefore, I propose a tripartiate agreement so that India cannot steal our legitimate water. India and the Indians are always doing nefarious things to BD. Even its hungry border people come and steal paddy and fish from our land. Its hungry fishermen steal fish regularly in the BoB. many of them are now in the BD jails. So, BD needs a 3rd party involvement in the Brahmaputra water treaty that will safeguard its interest.

China Built Dams but didn't divert the water, BD and Assam people still get the same amount of water at the end, but if India play a dirty trick with BD by keeping water for yourself, then don't blame us: as I have discuss on so many threads that how we can screw +400 millions Indian with waters, if you try to put all the water blame on China to justify your water policy regarding BD or Pakistan than you expect that we will be gladly doing you this favor starting with TIBET SPRING WATER :coffee:

Tibet%205100_Display%20counter.jpg

Back
Top Bottom