What's new

Arundhati Roy blasts anti-corruption 'saint' Anna Hazare

Asim Aquil don't thanks normally even in pak threads but he have thanked this thread, a arundhati roy fan?????????????

I think Arundati Roy should Marry Zaid Hamid
Both of them are made for each other , since they never have anything good to say about India

Also a parallel system to the once respected judiciary is like playing with fire.

I wish Anna and the panel dig up a viable solution and sets something better than the bill in the present form that can be a model to follow in similar systems all around.

Its not a parallel system to the judiciary, the judiciary still decided whether the accused is guilty or not.

Having said that, there is plenty in the team Anna's arguments that i am personally not convinced by. They want Lokayuktas to come under them which s pretty much the domain of the states & therefore impossible for the centre to implement. They also want to take on the whole of the executive for this agency to handle which is a ridiculous number. I much prefer that they leave the lower bureaucracy to a strengthened CVC. Judges must come under the a different bill on Judicial accountability but one stronger than the present one which is with the standing committee.

so the mad b.... strikes again. Mrs roy please leave India and Indians alone as otherwise you are forcing our peace loving population to tear u apart into pieces and send them across the nation as a goodwill peaceful gesture.

I am not really liking the attitude of many Indians here, we live in a democracy where we have the right to free speech, Just because she disagrees with us does not mean we tell her to leave the country. We are beginning to sound over nationalistic, a mistake that has already ruined many countries around us. Please look at matters in a sane and non-emotional manner, comment on the issue and what she is saying and not focus on bashing her and telling her to leave, you have no right to do that

Regards'

DM

She does make some valid points, Anna's bill is too vague and gives too much power to one individual, who is to say that the individual will also not be corrupt, infact he will enjoy the greatest power off all. We need to work inside the system and not create another panel that counters our judiciary and weakens our democracy. Ann's intention might be good but his execution is very flawed.

It's not one individual, it's probably eleven & most of them will be retired judges from the Supreme Court or retired chief justices of the High Courts. Will they all be corrupt; unlikely but they too can be removed by the Supreme Court.

She does make some valid points, Anna's bill is too vague and gives too much power to one individual, who is to say that the individual will also not be corrupt, infact he will enjoy the greatest power off all. We need to work inside the system and not create another panel that counters our judiciary and weakens our democracy. Ann's intention might be good but his execution is very flawed.

To dispel ignorance among us; here are some salient features of Jan Lokpal bill

An institution called LOKPAL at the centre and LOKAYUKTA in each state will be set up

Like Supreme Court and Election Commission, they will be completely independent of the governments. No minister or bureaucrat will be able to influence their investigations.

What if some officer in Lokpal becomes corrupt? The entire functioning of Lokpal/ Lokayukta will be completely transparent. Any complaint against any officer of Lokpal shall be investigated and the officer dismissed within two months.

She is neither naive or misguided, she is from the loony left brigade who are worried silly that this middle class movement would only press for less governmental role in the lives of people and more liberalisation & reforms. The loony left (or the Jholawallah's of JNU & company) like to believe that only they can protest & that only their causes are just. they just can't stand the idea that so many people came out by themselves for a cause that they didn't think up first.

There was a discussion in our local TV channel about this movement and one left leader said that this movement is not against the liberlization and according to him this is the real cause of corruption in India. He convientently forget the fact that amny scams like Bofors happened before 1991.

I think Arundati Roy should Marry Zaid Hamid
Both of them are made for each other , since they never have anything good to say about India

Also with her military expertise gained during her stay with Maoists, Ms.Roy can advise Zaid Hamid on the tactics regarding conducting Gazwa-E-Hind.

There was a discussion in our local TV channel about this movement and one left leader said that this movement is not against the liberlization and according to him this is the real cause of corruption in India. He convientently forget the fact that amny scams like Bofors happened before 1991.

That's what worries me about Team Anna. Both Prashanth Bhushan & Medha Patkar have voiced similar views. The only reason that they don't talk about it openly is because they are presently enjoying the crowds at Ramlila Maidan & they don't want them to disappear overnight. Need to keep a close watch on these chaps though. They are trying to bind the government with legislation in such a manner that the system becomes incapable of taking decisions, a process that suits their anti-liberalisation ideas.

That's what worries me about Team Anna. Both Prashanth Bhushan & Medha Patkar have voiced similar views. The only reason that they don't talk about it openly is because they are presently enjoying the crowds at Ramlila Maidan & they don't want them to disappear overnight. Need to keep a close watch on these chaps though. They are trying to bind the government with legislation in such a manner that the system becomes incapable of taking decisions, a process that suits their anti-liberalisation ideas.

But the left leader in the discussion I mentioned said that Anna Hazare is actually favoring liberalization & corportization as he and his movement is absolutely silent on this.

I am surprised that you wanted something better than this from A Roy. This is nothing after 26/11 she said India deserved this, she salutes maoists for killing polices and she meet separatist like Geelani in Delhi and call for 'freedom of Kashmir' . This is India and some extra freedom of expression.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

What's happening in India isn't really different to what happened in Tunisia or Egypt.

What happening in Pakistan is worse than in Iraq or Somalia. Be happy now, what is worng in saying? huh. :lol:

To dispel ignorance among us; here are some salient features of Jan Lokpal bill

An institution called LOKPAL at the centre and LOKAYUKTA in each state will be set up

Like Supreme Court and Election Commission, they will be completely independent of the governments. No minister or bureaucrat will be able to influence their investigations.

What if some officer in Lokpal becomes corrupt? The entire functioning of Lokpal/ Lokayukta will be completely transparent. Any complaint against any officer of Lokpal shall be investigated and the officer dismissed within two months.

Still to vague, an independent body CANNOT overrule the Indian government or any official. His recommendations are way to dreamy and who is to say that this body will have any effectiveness in the first place ? Rather than asking for all this why dont Indians change themselves first ? Pay your taxes, stop stealing electricity, stop bribing the police etc etc changing the system makes no difference when the same people as before are running it again.

Back
Top Bottom