What's new

Arrest warrant against 'Bachchu Razakar'

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
Arrest warrant against 'Bachchu Razakar'

Arrest warrant against 'Bachchu Razakar' | Bangladesh | bdnews24.com

Tue, Apr 3rd, 2012 11:27 am BdST

2012-04-03-12-06-01-Bachhu%20Razakar-2.jpg

Dhaka, Apr 3 (bdnews24.com) – The second war crimes tribunal (ICT-2) on Tuesday ordered arrest of Abul Kalam Azad, popularly known as 'Bachchu Razakar' of Faridpur.

The International Crimes Tribunal (ICT-2) led by Justice A T M Fazle Kabir issued the order after hearing the prosecution's arguments.

Sixty-four-year-old Azad was described as an accomplice of Jamaat-e-Islami's secretary general Ali Ahsan Mohammad Mujaheed in Faridpur district during the 1971 Liberation War.

Mujaheed is already facing trial for crimes against humanity during the war.

The second ICT started operating on Mar 24 by hearing the petition seeking order to arrest Azad.

Prosecutor Haider Ali presented nine reasons for Bachchu's arrest.

"He and his associates committed crimes against humanity like murder, rape, arson and loot at Faridpur Sadar, Boalmari, Nagarkanda, Madhukhali, Kamarkhali and other areas during the War of Independence," Ali said.

His involvement with the crimes has been proved in preliminary investigation, he added.

"Bachchu is very influential in his area," the prosecutor said. "He runs five nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) there. And he has 'hypnotic power' to tame people through religious lecture like 'waz-nasihat'," he added.

Ali also said witnesses of Bachchu's crimes in Faridpur were being threatened.

After the order, prosecutor Zead-Al-Malum told reporters that Bachchu would have to be produced before the tribunal within 24 hours of his arrest. "The tribunal order has such direction for the DMP (Dhaka Metropolitan Police) commissioner," he added.

Malum also said the tribunal ordered to place all war crimes charges against Bachchu to it.

bdnews24.com/pc/ost/sk/1115h

Exactly when did this man become a razakar? He became very popular thanks to the NTV program 'islamic q & a' or something like that, so much so that I came across moderate hindus who praised him for his lack of prejudice commonly found among many Islamic personalities.

This guy is one of the most respected scolars of Islam, not only in BD but in S.Asia but according to BAL he is a razakar. BTW
whatever the Jamat leaders feared and the reason they opposed BD independence is coming true thanks to BAL.

Exactly when did this man become a razakar? He became very popular thanks to the NTV program 'islamic q & a' or something like that, so much so that I came across moderate hindus who praised him for his lack of prejudice commonly found among many Islamic personalities.

The day BAL came to power. Any body opposing BAL is fanatic "Razakar.":smokin:

If he is a not a Razakar why is he known as Bacchu Razakar? :what:

The arrest warrant has been asked to be issued against Abul Kalam Azad orfe Bachchu Razakar after a hindu man named "Ranjit Devnath" filed a GD in the nearest police station against hin for his alleged involvement in war crime during 1971 war based on Daily Star report.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=228771

Haider Ali said Ranjit Devnath, one of the prosecution witnesses, filed a general diary (GD) with the local police station after he was threatened for giving his statement to the investigation officer (IO) of the case.

I am just wondering whether this arrest warrant is really justified on the basis of GD by a random hindu man without finding real crime charge against him??? or until it is proven???

But the reason which the prosecutor provided to lock him up behind the bar is also not beyond questionable.

But Azad should be kept behind bars for the sake of proper investigation, as witnesses in the cases are being intimidated either by Azad or his supporters, said Haider Ali, who placed nine grounds in favour of the arrest appeal.

Is there any proof that he / his associates really threatened the hindu man??? or can not any one provide threat through associates even while remaining in jail.

Yes i loved the show and his answers was always attractive.The man is a very sensible person,i can remember once on his show during Ramadan a man asked whether he can make love with his wife at night in between Iftar and Sehri and i thought he would be embarrassed but nah he took it very lightly and answered very smartly.:D

On a serious note,BAL has become a true bal these days

popularly known as Bachhu Razakar? Since when? Wtf! This man Moulana Abul Kalam Azad is very popular on Tv ... .... .

Yes i loved the show and his answers was always attractive.The man is a very sensible person,i can remember once on his show during Ramadan a man asked whether he can make love with his wife at night in between Iftar and Sehri and i thought he would be embarrassed but nah he took it very lightly and answered very smartly.:D

On a serious note,BAL has become a true bal these days

BAL has always been true bal.

The arrest warrant has been asked to be issued against Abul Kalam Azad orfe Bachchu Razakar after a hindu man named "Ranjit Devnath" filed a GD in the nearest police station against hin for his alleged involvement in war crime during 1971 war based on Daily Star report.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=228771

I am just wondering whether this arrest warrant is really justified on the basis of GD by a random hindu man without finding real crime charge against him??? or until it is proven???

But the reason which the prosecutor provided to lock him up behind the bar is also not beyond questionable.

Is there any proof that he / his associates really threatened the hindu man??? or can not any one provide threat through associates even while remaining in jail.

But the reason which the prosecutor provided to lock him up behind the bar is also not beyond questionable..

Is any of the JI leaders (NIZAMI, MUJAHID, SAYDEE) arrest justifiable by mere hearsay allegations? And how are they getting called war criminals when no neutral court has ever served such verdicts against them? BTW, there doesn't even exist a GD against them. But they are being locked up for over a year now. So, there isn't any rule except 'Might is right' one and RAWAMY bastards are cashing on it, that's all.

If he is a not a Razakar why is he known as Bacchu Razakar? :what:
He has never been known as such prior to RAWAMY reporter's making up one. BTW, have you heard Saydee being named as 'Delu Razakar' whilst no one ever his constituency heard such in the past. The blue print of such construction is same like a reporter denigrating a popular personality and the other in peer repeating that myth over and over, understand? BTW, you are a BDnews's reporter, right? Then why are you acting dumb?

He has never been known as such prior to RAWAMY reporter's making up one. BTW, have you heard Saydee being named as 'Delu Razakar' whilst no one ever his constituency heard such in the past. The blue print of such construction is same like a reporter denigrating a popular personality and the other in peer repeating that myth over and over, understand? BTW, you are a BDnews's reporter, right? Then why are you acting dumb?

lol wtf! No am not!

And thanks for the clarification.

Back
Top Bottom