What's new

Army should be looking for a NEW Sub Machine Gun (SMG)

i haven't had a chance to read all of the posts in this thread so excuse my suggestions if they've been mentioned before or if i'm talking about the wrong type of gun.

Has anyone considered a weapon such as the kel tec rfb, i think it takes the same rounds and magazines as the g3 within a bullpup design. i'm sure pof can design & manufacture something like this and we can save money by using existing mags/ammo from the g3.

Kel Tec RFB 308 Rifle - YouTube

With our guys trained to have the mag after the trigger it'll be difficult to use this RFB.
For SMG I'd suggest:
Pk-1, Smg Pk, Uzi, UMP, colt SMG.
For G3 replacement of same caliber HK417.
And if something of smaller caliber:
hk416, FN FAL, FN SCAR.

What we need is g36 in ak calibre am sure hk will be able to arrange that.

G3S displayed by pof at ideas 2012, is this rifle chambered for 7.62x51mm?.

What we need is g36 in ak calibre am sure hk will be able to arrange that.

G3S displayed by pof at ideas 2012, is this rifle chambered for 7.62x51mm?.

Yes it is.....the gun looks promising but out would have been much better if chambered for 7.62 * 39

Yes it is.....the gun looks promising but out would have been much better if chambered for 7.62 * 39

Thanks for the info, just a query though is the barrel of g3s not small ( i would say 14 inches max) to handle the larger round?.

Kickback will be worse then g3, accuracy and full auto mode is questionable with such barrel length.

Pak army should do sponsor a soldier scheme, am sure many Pakistanis like me will be more then happy to sponsor a decent rifle.

IMG_20121215_153428_zpsac622fa5.jpg

@ghilzai I believe this is the gun in question, yes i had same concern over it, during the visit to exhibition i asked my friend whose whose Lt , and he was fine with it, better then type 56 he said......this gun also reminds of SABR, which also has smaller barrel and same round

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_20121215_153428_zpsac622fa5.jpg

@ghilzai I believe this is the gun in question, yes i had same concern over it, during the visit to exhibition i asked my friend whose whose Lt , and he was fine with it, better then type 56 he said......this gun also reminds of SABR, which also has smaller barrel and same round

Any idea of the dimensions, especially the barrel length and has it gone in to full scale production?.

Thanks in Advance.

Any idea of the dimensions, especially the barrel length and has it gone in to full scale production?.

Thanks in Addance.

Don't remember the exact but it was 12.xx , not sure about the full scale production, i believe it is just a prototype,

Any updates for AK47 SMG ?
it will be draaco ?PAK MADE ?

Pakistan Army has decided to stick with the Chinese made Type-56, folding Butt, US$120 per weapon Sub Machine Gun in 7.62x39 caliber. POF has also made a copy of the Type-56 that it has 'secretly' provided to various special forces units for testing. I have fired the POF made Type-56 and its barrel being made out of poor metallic quality gets extremely heated up after a full auto fire of 30 rounds. This causes jamming of the weapon.

Pakistan Army has decided to stick with the Chinese made Type-56, folding Butt, US$120 per weapon Sub Machine Gun in 7.62x39 caliber. POF has also made a copy of the Type-56 that it has 'secretly' provided to various special forces units for testing. I have fired the POF made Type-56 and its barrel being made out of poor metallic quality gets extremely heated up after a full auto fire of 30 rounds. This causes jamming of the weapon.

Well it's no more a secret then.:D

That question is still churning in my mind that why didn't they reach Russia and selected the Ak-12 for the testing purposes at least.Use this as an opportunity to give those cold relations a hot kick start.

617px-%D0%90%D0%9A12_%D0%9F%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%BF%D0%B  E%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%B3%D0%B0%D0%B5%D0%BC%D1%8B%D0%B9_  %D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%B4_%D1%81%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%B2%D0%B0_  %D0%B8_%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B7%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BA%  D0%B0.jpg

Isn't quality and performance amongst the selection criteria?

A demo video about that weapon.

What about the G-3S is this not suppose to fulfil the role of SMG, i was under the impression that the G-3S is touted to replace the Type 56 that is in service.

News on G-3S has gone quiet, do you know if it is linedup for full scale production or was this another one of POF Dead End projects.

Should gain another license agreement with H&K. 417 as replacement of G3, mp7 for mp 5, mg4 as squad automatic weapon, should keep mg3 for fixed installations.

Chanda mamu rokra kahan se ayega? Plus your average infantry isnt a special forces grunt. He is barely taller than a G3 itself. what we need is a smaller but deadlier force, and over a million in reserves.

I don't think the Russian Army will adopt AK 12 in great numbers as they have huge quantity of AKM, I read the trials will be completed by the end of 2013.

Pakistan should buy the license to manufacture these and standardize the weapon all across the board from the fc, rangers to the army.

I am not to optimistic with G-3M and G-3S, they should be scrapped a license purchased from Russia for AK 12's for local demand and some foreign export.

Should gain another license agreement with H&K. 417 as replacement of G3, mp7 for mp 5, mg4 as squad automatic weapon, should keep mg3 for fixed installations.

Not sure about hk 417 i think Russian AK's and calibre is a better choice for our environment,

Back
Top Bottom