What's new

Armada of British naval power massing in the Gulf

IBRIS

BANNED
Reaction score
An armada of US and British naval power is massing in the Persian Gulf in the belief that Israel is considering a pre-emptive strike against Iran’s covert nuclear weapons programme.

hormuz_2340869b.jpg

Battleships, aircraft carriers, minesweepers and submarines from 25 nations are converging on the strategically important Strait of Hormuz in an unprecedented show of force as Israel and Iran move towards the brink of war.

Western leaders are convinced that Iran will retaliate to any attack by attempting to mine or blockade the shipping lane through which passes around 18 million barrels of oil every day, approximately 35 per cent of the world’s petroleum traded by sea.

A blockade would have a catastrophic effect on the fragile economies of Britain, Europe the United States and Japan, all of which rely heavily on oil and gas supplies from the Gulf.

The Strait of Hormuz is one of the world’s most congested international waterways. It is only 21 miles wide at its narrowest point and is bordered by the Iranian coast to the north and the United Arab Emirates to the south.

In preparation for any pre-emptive or retaliatory action by Iran, warships from more than 25 countries, including the United States, Britain, France, Saudi Arabia and the UAE, will today begin an annual 12-day exercise.
Armada of British naval power massing in the Gulf as Israel prepares an Iran strike - Telegraph

IIRC France and Britan planned to deploy a carrier battle group;

-CDG battle group
-French amphibious battle group (Mistral class)
-Royal navy RFTG (HMS Ocean or HMS Illustrious)
-Frigates and destroyers
-Submarines

-Royal Marines
-9ème BLBIMa

-Helicopter gunships (Tiger, Apache, Gazelle)

7810.jpg

33533.jpg

36817.jpg

World war III will not happen, what's happening is here Israel is planning to attack not the US, so even if Russia and China get involved they will need to attack Israel not NATO, which I doubt they will do.

so ! just israel ??? :coffee:

so ! just israel ??? :coffee:

That's how the game's being played, No way Russia and China will allow US action on Iran. So they make it seem that the US is against an attack on Iran by Israel so that Russia and China will not fault the US. If Israel attacks Iran then I doubt whether Russia or China will attack Israel.

This is f@cked up, I hate to see Iran attacked.

That's how the game's being played, No way Russia and China will allow US action on Iran. So they make it seem that the US is against an attack on Iran by Israel so that Russia and China will not fault the US. If Israel attacks Iran then I doubt whether Russia or China will attack Israel.

This is f@cked up, I hate to see Iran attacked.

so End is near for Israel :coffee:

World End in 2012...the trigger activated ?
Nah buddy. That will be the next episode, when they plan to attack Pakistan.... if that happens... trust me.... then it will be the "Samosa Option".... and no.... we will not back off from even the craziest and most ridiculous game-plan. :D

Samosa Option - All rights reserved (copyright@hyperion)

they say WW3 not iran :coffee:

i am full of fear now !!! :fie:

:lol:

I am really worried and disappointed with America and NATO the way they are handeling Iran. I would be very sad if they use force against Iran. I hope everything must short out through negotiation.

But Bro, the truth is , If They attack you no one will come ahead, Iranian will have to defend themself.
All Muslim countries are in USA camp, Russia is not strong, China can't jeopardise its development, India can not jeopardise its development.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom