What's new

Are you married to your first cousin?

I agree with you. I can't imagine marrying my first cousin. it would be too creepy and wierd.
same way its very creepy to marry the girls you played with as a child or went to school with.....just disgusting.

In my family you cannot even sit in the same room as cousins that are girls, so it's not a big deal.

I do not mean to offend anyone. I just want to get my point across.

delete the pics...its against forum rules..

reported already.

As far as I know, it takes several generations of inbreeding before any damaging traits to health can be shown. But it can be detected early among some.

delete the pics...its against forum rules..

reported already.

I do not mean to offend anyone, and there have been much worse stuff posted by other members, as well as you here before.

@RazPak: Yes, but there are first cousin only defects as well.

The Qu'ran is a guidance and a source for us to believe in God, and follow Islam.

Science proves that cousin marriages will lead to defects not only in your child, but among yourselves in the future.

Not exactly; science says that chances of birth defects 'increase' if married to cousins. The chances even exist if two non-related people marry actually (albeit low).
It'd be a real problem if cousin marriages happen for several generations.

Besides, you forgot that millions of people marry with cousins, yet conditions such as these pop up only very very occasionally.

the whole of Afghanistan,central Asia...Chechnya...Kurdistan are inbreeds by this definition..

me and you cant win a single race or wrestling from their average men...

The Qu'ran is a guidance and a source for us to believe in God, and follow Islam.

Science proves that cousin marriages will lead to defects not only in your child, but among yourselves in the future.

What causes this condition?

It is an autosomal recessive disease, transmitted by both parents. In this case they are direct/first cousins.

A genetic disorder is an illness caused by abnormalities in genes or chromosomes, especially a condition that is present from before birth. Most genetic disorders are quite rare and affect one person in every several thousands or millions.
A genetic disorder may or may not be a heritable disorder. Some genetic disorders are passed down from the parents' genes, but others are always or almost always caused by new mutations or changes to the DNA. In other cases, the same disease, such as some forms of cancer, may be caused by an inherited genetic condition in some people, by new mutations in other people, and by non-genetic causes in still other people.
Some types of recessive gene disorders confer an advantage in certain environments when only one copy of the gene is present

Genetic disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom