What's new

Are you Eligible for Marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people do that. It is called a prenupital or something like that.

Marriage is a Social Contract & it should be treated as such - Unfortunately we're Socially conditioned to believe that Prenuptials or other such Contractual Rights & Obligations are a Big No in our society !

I once read a very nice blog post by someone who had written how she & her husband took nearly a month to prepare their Marriage Contract & added all the rights & the obligations they expected from each other, dispute resolution & all the way to divorce & post-divorce - I think that was very a good step !

Marriage is a Social Contract & it should be treated as such - Unfortunately we're Socially conditioned to believe that Prenuptials or other such Contractual Rights & Obligations are a Big No in our society !

I once read a very nice blog post by someone who had written how she & her husband took nearly a month to prepare their Marriage Contract & added all the rights & the obligations they expected from each other, dispute resolution & all the way to divorce & post-divorce - I think that was very a good step !

And here is the reason why you are still single :P

also word of advice for any Pakistanis's in the west
If you want a divorce, move to Pakistan for a year and then divorce her there.
The laws allow you to do that but only if you have lived in Pakistan for a year or more.

@Rusty hopefully you follow your own advice and your mom is not making chai for you while you are going off over here. :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
Itnii lanmbiii post ! :blink :

Mereiii tou aging ho gaiii isee parhteii parhteiii ! :undecided:

Farah, I hear you...I understand ! And I don't prescribe to the notion of 'a women's servitude to her in-laws' or anything like it ! What I was talking about was the other side of the story - Humm mardoon pe kiyaa guzartiii haii woh tou kisssi koii ihsas hii nahin !

People continue talking about how some women are neglected, their dreams shattered & their independence diminished after marriage - I agree its a bad thing & it shouldn't happen ! But does anyone even bother to psych-analyze what we men go through & not just some but most men !

Taking sh*t from your boss, being confined to your cubicle the whole day, working your butttt off for a promotion that means more work but more salary & letting go of your own aspirations because you're obligations are too many isn't exactly my notion of 'independence & freedom' that we men are alleged to enjoy over our wives.

And whereas I agree that some women are not allowed by their in-laws or their husbands to work & their role is indeed diminished - I can't ignore the other very real example before me either of those women who sit in their homes every day doing nothing of worth, watching soap operas, arranging brunches & luncheons, going to yoga classes or the masseuse at some up & coming Community Club, buying Sana Safinaz & other expensive sh*t like that routinely ! And whats worse when you sit down & think of having a conversation with them most wouldn't even know who the PM of the country is let alone some other insightful things on some other issues.

Can you imagine how that feels to us ?

And then when you push them into getting a job just so that they are a bit more useful or a bit more productive to themselves - We're not asking them to pay the bills - they go & end up 9 to 5 jobs & cruelly lacking in any professional ambition ! If I'm required to put food on the table & have us covered financially than the least she could do is to go & get a passionate career that is a lot more than just time pass because of a misplaced sense of independence & progress.

Hmmm... I understand.your point......But the main point in your post is tht bolded part...As I said...both partners must look for common interests/topics so tht they enjoy spending time together..and have meaningful conversations with each other....rather than the situation u mentioned..Communication is the most important aspect in your relationship...if both have entirely different interests...then there will be less conversation and because of which...emotional aspect will be missing from ur relationship...and it will become only a transactional relationship...I think in ur marriage..first priority shd be to make ur emotional bond stronger with ur partner....and if u feel emotionally attached to ur partner...automatically u will do things which will make other happy..not out of some obligation or compulsion...but willingly to make ur partner happy and rest everything will fall in place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom