What's new

Arab Spring Indian Style

Kinetic, this law is absolutely valid. Watch this Video. Arvind Kejriwal's lecture in IIT Chennai. An absolute must watch.

I agree we need a strong Lokpal bill but i think it is too much power to the Lakpal. Also PM and Judiciary should be out of Lokpal. All powers are and should concentrate on the PM elected by the people of India.

The selection of Lokpal committee is not so clear.

I do not know whether Anna's Jan Lokpal is fully rite but this movement against corruption, people standing up is good. It will be good for our future. the greatest menace to India challenged.

Even I feel that jan Lokpal bill's greatest drawback is its trying to achive toom much in too less time. I would rather suggest a step by step approach. I dont what will happen to the bill.

But one major acheievemnt will be the result of large scale people participation will give a clear indication on what people want from politicians. Thats will be first thing a politician will think (not necesarily he has to oblige first coz we know how they are:lol:) but that thought will plant a seed of fear in their heart...................

which they dont have now....and then the credit will go to Anna for initializing such a movement which was dormant in our hearts for decades.

The idea that Anna Hazare's movement is Arab Spring for India is flawed.

Arab Spring is to remove the Govt.

Anna Hazare's movement has nothing to do with removing the Govt. It is merely to have a strong Anti Corruption Bill administered by a Lokpal!!

A large subscription to a Movement does not make it an Arab Spring.

Most support the Movement, but none would support a change in Govt by undemocratic means!

The idea that Anna Hazare's movement is Arab Spring for India is flawed.

Arab Spring is to remove the Govt.

Anna Hazare's movement has nothing to do with removing the Govt. It is merely to have a strong Anti Corruption Bill administered by a Lokpal!!

A large subscription to a Movement does not make it an Arab Spring.

Most support the Movement, but none would support a change in Govt by undemocratic means!

And they are not pelting stone with religious slogans :lol: .

Democracy ? Where ? There is no democracy in India but corruption all over India !

There is no democracy in India
There is no democracy in India

No democracy, only double standards in India'
'No democracy, only double standards in India' - Indian Express

ARUNDHATI ROY: India is not a democracy
ARUNDHATI ROY: India is not a democracy « churumuri

I wonder if you would be the right person to wonder about the very concept of democracy.

No democracy in the world is perfect.

Corruption is universal including the US.

The very fact that there are dissenting voices and movements does prove that, inspire of infirmities, democracy is still doing well.

We are grateful to God that we have had an uninterrupted democracy ever since Independence.

I daresay if others can boast of the same!

...Why am I getting the impression that pakistanis are little ( a little :azn:) jelous of the peaceful and yet powerful demonstration...that is getting a majority govt. buckling...

Indians in this forum are completely brainless.... why are you prove the difference between Democracy & Non-Democracy.... they are dont have any idea what the Democracy means... chill guys, be +ve...

I wish a support from Dr. APJ AK, then see the result...

^^^^
True, countries that dont have strong anti corruption laws should find inspiration from Hazare's movement. I think it is only a matter of time before it spills to other S Asian countries

^^^^
True, countries that dont have strong anti corruption laws should find inspiration from Hazare's movement.

the problem is compounded when ''accountability bureaus'' themselves are affiliated with the ruling parties and are politicized

i think for too long people have been unwilling or unable to rise up and combat this corruption culture. A lot of people themselves are engaged in or deal with corruption. From grassroots level the mentality has to change. Only when harsh sentences and heads go rolling --then there may be some results

indians are crying over congress corruption.....Pakistanis have zardari and gang who are probably worse. Democracy gets messy, but it isnt undemocratic to impeach or call for major reforms.

I think it is only a matter of time before it spills to other S Asian countries

Inspired by Indian activist Anna Hazare, Pakistani to fast against corruption - Times of Ummah - News, Sports, Education, Business, Entertainment of Muslim Ummah

Islamabad : Taking a cue from Anna Hazare, a 68-year-old Pakistani businessman is set to go on hunger strike in Islamabad from Sep 12 to declare war on endemic corruption in his country.

Expressing his admiration for Hazare, Jehangeeer Akhtar complained that corruption was a far more serious disease in Pakistan.

Activist Akhtar wants the Pakistan parliament to pass an anti-corruption law — like what India is now planning.
“I demand that an anti-corruption bill be presented in the National Assembly,” said Akhtar, who has closely followed the anti-corruption war in India.

He said the Pakistani bill should be on the lines of what gets passed in India’s parliament.

“Corruption in Pakistan is more than in India… bahut zyada (much more),” Akhtar told IANS in a telephonic interview from Islamabad where he runs a photography business.

It is not the first time Akhtar will be taking up cudgels for a cause.

“I once sat on a hunger strike for 22 days for the sake of traders in Islamabad,” he recalled. It was about tenants being forcibly vacated.

On another occasion, he went on hunger strike for eight days.

Stating that his family does not interfere in his decisions, Akhtar said he was “very determined” to stage the hunger strike.

He also wants every district in Pakistan to be provided with infrastructure for education from primary to the intermediate levels with hostels.

Akhtar says he is for a stronger Lokpal Bill for India — a demand being made by Hazare and his team.

“Indian public kah rahi hai tho hona chahiye (Indians are asking, so it should happen).”

He wants the Indian government to listen to the voice of Indians.

According to him, there is widespread anger in Pakistan against corruption. A Transparency International Pakistan official said corruption was the root cause of poverty, illiteracy, terrorism, shortage of electricity, and poor governance in Pakistan.

Thanks Hafizzz for opening such a wonderful thread

Where is the world can a single person bring world's largest democracy to its knees...only in India (Courtesy TIME Magazine :D)

Hail Indian democracy!!!!

Keep it up! It is great examples. Unfortunately Pakistan will have to follow what India beautifully does. Pakistanis should use our own mind long times ago. Pakistan tend to follow other people's examples as always. i.e India buy, Pakistan buy, India win, Pakistan win, India fight, Pakistan fight. Lol. Come on, we have brain to use it ourselves.

Anna Hazare, I thought she is girl.

Keep it up! It is great examples. Unfortunately Pakistan will have to follow what India beautifully does. Pakistanis should use our own mind long times ago. Pakistan tend to follow other people's examples as always. i.e India buy, Pakistan buy, India win, Pakistan win, India fight, Pakistan fight. Lol. Come on, we have brain to use it ourselves.

Anna Hazare, I thought she is girl.

Anna means brother in most Indian languages.

BBC News - India right to information activist killed

A right to information activist has been shot dead by an unidentified gunman in the northern Indian city of Bhopal, police said.

Shehla Masood was found with a gunshot wound in her car outside her home on Tuesday. She was on her way to an anti-corruption protest in the city.

Nearly a dozen right to information activists have been killed and scores other attacked in India since 2008.

The law allows Indians to access information held by the government.

Ms Masood, who also ran an event management company, had filed a number of right to information applications, a number of them related to wildlife conservation.

According to reports, last year she had informed the authorities that she "feared for her life" and had complained about it to the police chief.

The police said it was investigating the murder.

Back
Top Bottom