What's new

APG-68 V9 radar

one can hope General Javed is reliable enough for you...

Kanwa had an interview with PAF's General Javaid Ahmed, during which he stated that:

* In 2012, they will be bring out the JF17 Blk 2. The main improvements are the addition of IRF, the development of a twin seat version, adding datalink and development of an export version JF17.

* happy with the performance of the KJL7, so no immediate plans to switch to AESA (KJL7 specs: detection range for fighter sized target 130km; can track 16 targets and engage 2 at the same time; have SAR mapping capability)

* The Chinese indigenous engine is currently undergoing flight testing and may be a while before it is fitted to a JF17

* In 2011 the JF17 test fired: 1 x C802 (hit a seaborne target 90km away, max range 180km); 2 x LS-6 bombs, one is a 500kg GPS guided weapon with 60km range and CEP of 15m, the other was a 250kg laser/IIR+GPS guided weapon with a range of 65km and CEP of 5.3-7.5m; SD10 and other weapons.

one can hope General Javed is reliable enough for you...

man i showed u the company brochure with all the figures...............and still u are living in fantasy??

The brochure you posted is very outdated.
KLJ-7 has been upgraded extensively since.

The brochure you posted is very outdated.
KLJ-7 has been upgraded extensively since.

man this is the contention,,,,where is the source??
this is the only one available..................jane's defence puts the range at 75 km btw

so no link means no proof.................same goes for apg-68(v9),there is simply no proof!!

this is the only one available..................jane's defence puts the range at 75 km btw

so no link means no proof.................same goes for apg-68(v9),there is simply no proof!!

ignorance is a blessing

Plenty of sources confirm upgraded KLJ-7. As Dazzler pointed out, but it's not just the general, as I recall another in PAF said that they've upgraded it to an extent that they are very satisfied with it.

And then there's this:
Q7vCU.jpg
Pla7c.jpg

Do also note that, the KLJ-7 and the JF-17 are quite young, they will be receiving upgrades, that brochure is very old and likely out of date.

Now if you want something that will hold in a court of law, definitive evidence. I don't have that. You can take it or leave it.

ignorance is a blessing

http://www.strategycenter.net/docLib/20120207_ChinaNewTacFight_Fisher_020712.pdf

Plenty of sources confirm upgraded KLJ-7. As Dazzler pointed out, but it's not just the general, as I recall another in PAF said that they've upgraded it to an extent that they are very satisfied with it.

And then there's this:
Q7vCU.jpg
Pla7c.jpg

Do also note that, the KLJ-7 and the JF-17 are quite young, they will be receiving upgrades, that brochure is very old and likely out of date.

Now if you want something that will hold in a court of law, definitive evidence. I don't have that. You can take it or leave it.

http://www.strategycenter.net/docLib/20120207_ChinaNewTacFight_Fisher_020712.pdf

yes power may increase with block 2
i guess we will have to wait for that though

And then there's this:
Q7vCU.jpg
Pla7c.jpg

http://www.xklsv.org/viewwiki.php?title=KLJ-7 Radar

You call this, a "source"? :D

Telling you from firsthand info...

The current radar has an increased output of 600w, peak power is not disclosed.

KARF has done few tweaks in basic design since it began manufacturing KLJ-7. Some tech pieces are taken from existing radar manufacturing expertise such as Grifo series, others are local mofications.

BLK-2 was known to have an improved variant but KARF has already given a sort of improvement to the existing piece so no KLJ-7 MLU for blk-2 as of yet ;)

You call this, a "source"? :D

Telling you from firsthand info...

The current radar has an increased output of 600w, peak power is not disclosed.

KARF has done few tweaks in basic design since it began manufacturing KLJ-7. Some tech pieces are taken from existing radar manufacturing expertise such as Grifo series, others are local mofications.

BLK-2 was known to have an improved variant but KARF has already given a sort of improvement to the existing piece so no KLJ-7 MLU for blk-2 as of yet ;)

pls specify atleast peak power and aperture size

and is this not a source too??

if u don't know then don't post here ur wishful figures and waste everyone's time

if u don't know then don't post here ur wishful figures and waste everyone's time

be careful with what you say buddy. You are the one who brought up same old issue without even going through prior threads on the same topic. What i said is what has been the case. No one will tell you the peak power and some other dimensons of this radar. Keep searching.

See this source, just a cursory information is given thats all.

KLJ-7 Airborne Radar

The KLJ-7 is an X-band airborne fire-control radar (FCR) that uses a mechanically-steered slotted array antenna. The KLJ-7 has multiple modes, both beyond-visual-range (BVR) and close-in air-to-air modes, ground surveillance modes and a robust anti-jamming capability. The radar can manage up to 40 targets, monitor up to 10 of them in trackwhilescan (TWS) mode and simultaneously fire on two BVR targets.

Frequency: X-band
Mechanically-steered slotted array antenna
14 Operational Modes
Range more than 100 km
Total targets tracked: 10 in TWS (Track-While-Scan) mode
Reliability:
MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure): 220 hours
MTTR (Mean Time To Recovery): 0.5 hours
Weight less than 120 kg
Composition
Antenna Unit
Receiver Unit
Transmitter Unit
Processor Unit
Power Supply Unit
Auxiliary Transmitter Unit

PAKISTAN AERONAUTICAL COMPLEX KAMRA

be careful with what you say buddy. You are the one who brought up same old issue without even going through prior threads on the same topic. What i said is what has been the case. No one will tell you the peak power and some other dimensons of this radar. Keep searching.

See this source, just a cursory information is given thats all.

PAKISTAN AERONAUTICAL COMPLEX KAMRA

then why are u claiming a range of 130 km or more??
and this if from ur site right??

i think i might ask him
can u post his e mail??:cheesy:

Air Vice-Marshal Javaid Ahmed is JF-17 Project director and is more knowledgeable than you and we would take his word any day than yours. So Stop whining like a little girl

Peak power and spectrum enhancements are not that big of a deal for organizations like the Northrop Grumman, or the McDonald Douglas or the Raytheon's of the world.

If a signal travels to 80 miles, you can bet your money that the manufacturer knows how to use certain engineering concepts like extenders, signal amplification to further expand the spectrum. They've spent billions in research & development.

BUT, the range or peak power output will ALWAYS be listed as a baseline. And that doesn't mean anything. The USAF's -16 Block 40's or 52's may have the same avionics that the Thai or the Japanese or the European -16's .....but their ranges and certain capabilities will be MUCH advanced than their counterparts.
Similarly, every package is cutomized to meet the customer's needs and per the US Gov't's approval for what can be sold with what capability and to who. This is BEYOND the baseline and won't be published in the brochure for various reasons including gov't restrictions, trade rules, or even due to another product that is or will be offered by the same manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom