What's new

Apache to give army more teeth

Of course, this is the way Indian defence procurement works-small intial order, larger follow-on orders.

Yup. I recently meet a retired IAF high ranker in a function. From what ever I get from him he was sure that IAF is going to get Apaches. He said if AAC of IA insists on keeping on Apaches to themself( which he don't think they will ) IAF will go for its own tender.

What about SUper Cobras or something from EU like about 60 Units as it will add IAFs too along with your local ones.

We dont need super cobras, a large order of LCH and Dhruv-WSI can be equally efficient, and the money will be spent in the country. Apaches are much heavier, pack a lot more punch, and carry the unmatched longbow radars, which is why we are going for them.

Yup. I recently meet a retired IAF high ranker in a function. From what ever I get from him he was sure that IAF is going to get Apaches. He said if AAC of IA insists on keeping on Apaches to themself( which he don't think they will ) IAF will go for its own tender.
Chal aaja Tender Tender khelte hai.......
Sometimes i realy don't understand that wether their is realy any requirment of Attack Helicopters in IAF or they just need them to satisfy their Ego........

Btw at present we have only 20 Mi35 attack helicopters In IAF and within this decade we will be inducting 270+ attack Helicopters {22 AH 64D+179 LCH {114 IA + 65 IAF+70 Wsi Dhruv}....... How much more do IAF want....

Apaches are much heavier, pack a lot more punch

That's a common myth:

AH-1Z%2BViper%2BUS%2BMarine%2BAttack%2BHelicopter.jpg

AH-1Z_L.jpg

super-cobra.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom