What's new

Anti-Jihad 'Savage' Ads Going Up In NYC Subway

You were not only not aware of our involvement in 80's calling it in the 70's, but the sheer silliness of warning me about an operation that took place in 80's and is documented on Google searches all over the net, written in books for decades and even had a movie made about it " Charlie Wilson's war"

Allow me to correct you again and let you know that 'you have NO idea what you are talking about'. Here, now you are covering you a** and talking from both sides of your mouth.
What you know from Charlie Wilson's war (a movie) and some 'Google' declassified documents tells me your level of knowledge. There is MUCH more to it than you or anyone else can EVER know or see in a movie. I'll leave the discussion at that. But, the planning on the whole thing had started in 1977....completed and the process initiated in 1979. Again, you don't know what you are talking about and I'd just stay quiet here as this is not a place to discuss operations related to national security irrespective of how little was 'publicly published'. Hope you understand.

Allow me to correct you again and let you know that 'you have NO idea what you are talking about'. Here, now you are covering you a** and talking from both sides of your mouth.
What you know from Charlie Wilson's war (a movie) and some 'Google' declassified documents tells me your level of knowledge. There is MUCH more to it than you or anyone else can EVER know or see in a movie. I'll leave the discussion at that. But, the planning on the whole thing had started in 1977....completed and the process initiated in 1979. Again, you don't know what you are talking about and I'd just stay quiet here as this is not a place to discuss operations related to national security irrespective of how little was 'publicly published'. Hope you understand.

The very fact that you call a 40 year old war plannings a national security hush hush tells me you are a novice who has no clue about declassified documents put in the national archives. My wife being one of those who had top secret clearance during the cold war and her work as a special intelligence attache to embassies during the cold war. DR Brzezinski under carter talked about some support but it was always held back by Carter because he wanted diplomatic approach to be the first go at it. The process that you spoke about was funding of mujaheddin by the govt specially for " real" arms being supplied- NO such thing happened till the 80's. The first real funding began for the Operation I cited.

Quote National archives " On January 15th, 1980, Sir Robert Armstrong, the Cabinet Secretary, met Zbigniew Brzezinski, the US National Security Advisor, along with government representatives from France and West Germany at the Palais Marigny in Paris. A note sent to London afterwards stated: “There was some discussion of support for Afghan resistance to the invading Soviet troops.”

Enjoy your bus ride back from school...stick to Hindu mass murders and jihad is only decades old concept. your concern trolling is exposed.

Quote National archives " On January 15th, 1980, Sir Robert Armstrong, the Cabinet Secretary, met Zbigniew Brzezinski, the US National Security Advisor, along with government representatives from France and West Germany at the Palais Marigny in Paris. A note sent to London afterwards stated: “There was some discussion of support for Afghan resistance to the invading Soviet troops.”

Right, you came from India and you know the whole intelligence apparatus and how those operations worked dude? Anyway, keep reading on google / wiki. Good reading. Your posts have become high school b.s. that's available on this forum exclusively by people from your country. THAT's my issue. You guys don't debate, you just can't take anything said about India even though the world knows its right. Anyway. enjoy your stay here, we'll debate when you turn adult. Oh on a serious note, don't ever think reading up on wiki or google tells you how an intelligence operation was conducted!!

Right, you came from India and you know the whole intelligence apparatus and how those operations worked dude? Anyway, keep reading on google / wiki. Good reading. Your posts have become high school b.s. that's available on this forum exclusively by people from your country. THAT's my issue. You guys don't debate, you just can't take anything said about India even though the world knows its right. Anyway. enjoy your stay here, we'll debate when you turn adult. Oh on a serious note, don't ever think reading up on wiki or google tells you how an intelligence operation was conducted!!

You forgot to use a noun verb and 911 on this post

You forgot to use a noun verb and 911 on this post

That's cuz I didn't go to an Anglo-British high school and take brakes when I talk. We taulk fast niga* and we ain't take no brakes or jump up and down when we taulk.

Inflammatory jihad ad debuts in New York City subway | NDTV.com

subway_jihad_ad_reuters_295x200.jpg

New York: An inflammatory ad equating Islamic jihad with savagery was posted on Monday in 10 New York City subway stations, even as much of the Muslim world was still seething over a California-made movie ridiculing the Prophet Mohammad.

The ad, sponsored by the pro-Israel American Freedom Defense Initiative, appeared after the Metropolitan Transit Authority lost a bid to refuse to post it on the grounds that it violated the agency's policy against demeaning language. In July, a federal judge ruled it was protected speech and ordered the MTA to place the posters.

The ad, featuring mostly black-and-white lettering on 46-by-30-inch (117-by-72-cm) cardboard posters, will remain posted for a month, MTA spokeswoman Marjorie Anders said.

"In any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man," the ad reads. "Support Israel/Defeat Jihad."

Pamela Geller, executive director for the ad's sponsor group, rejected the MTA's assertion the posters were demeaning.

"There's nothing either hateful or false about my ad," Geller said in an email.

Despite the controversy, most subway riders who passed the ad in a tunnel at the Times Square station Monday failed to notice it. Those who did were generally critical.

"Where is the protection of religion in America?" wondered Javerea Khan, 22, a Pakistani-born Muslim from the Bronx. "The word 'savage' really bothers the Muslim community. But it's hard for me to look at this poster and take it seriously."

Mel Moore, 29, a sports agent, said: "It's not right, but it's freedom of speech. To put it on a poster is just not right. But it caught my attention and I support freedom of speech, so you got to live with it."

Australian tourist Peter Johnson, 50, who had just visited the memorial to the September 11 hijack plane attacks, said he felt it was "a bit harsh to call someone a savage, but I do think that extremist Muslims seem happy to kill anyone regardless of their race or religion.

"I would have used the word 'barbaric.'"

Anders, the MTA spokeswoman, said the agency had not received any reports of vandalism against the posters.

The American Freedom Defense Initiative gained notoriety when it opposed creation of a Muslim community center near the site of the Twin Towers, which were destroyed in the September 11, 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center.

Most US Muslims have "pfft" over the ads.

Most US muslims have ignored the movie or the ads and they have gone about business as usual. And many Americans have either sympathy or indifference on the happenings and it is business as usual for them. The problem is when people outside of US taking offense and making it their business.

Anti-jihad ads make their way to D.C. subways

121006021354-defeat-jihad-ad-ny-subway-story-top.jpg

An anti-jihad ad that has caused a stir in
other cities now has another destination for
its message: the subways of Washington.

The ad by the American Freedom Defense
Initiative states, “In any war between the
civilized man and the savage, support the
civilized man. Support Israel. Defeat Jihad.”

Jihad – Arabic for “struggle” – is considered
a religious duty for Muslims, although there
are both benign and militant interpretations
of what it means.

This is that Pamela Gellar's BS organization I guess. Calling ALL muslims savages. Its racism.

Back
Top Bottom