What's new

Analyzing notable additions to the Pakistan Navy

this is not true at all. there are only 2 battalions of marines and they are not at full strength (800 each). at best the number of marines is ~ 1,000 to 1,200.

Fatman,
But this Terminal report says that there are approx 5000 marines now (with the comissioning of 2nd Bn now) leading upto Bde strength in 2015 and the eventually Corps strength of 45,000 troops.

Given that 2 Bns will max at abt 1600 men how credible is the report above?

i don't understand 45000 troops for a small coastline navy as pakistan is huge overkill.These should be attached to army as highly trained elite troops.Naval marines shouldn't exceed 10000-15000.Congratz on the skyguard radars.Great low level weapon system.

The strength should be increased to 100,000-200,000 more troops

Upcoming Additions:

For Frigates new 4 that are being constructed
And for 6 Planned Submarines
1 Nuclear Submarine etc

And we need some local solution to Anti Aircraft guns and SAMS for coastal intrusions and more missile ships

Not to mention the addition of Fleet of JF17 Navy , for Navy , and the list goes on and on

We really have to target 100,000-200,000 strong force to protect the oil passing thru Pakistani waters and stop illegal transport in case war happens

i don't understand 45000 troops for a small coastline navy as pakistan is huge overkill.These should be attached to army as highly trained elite troops.Naval marines shouldn't exceed 10000-15000.Congratz on the skyguard radars.Great low level weapon system.

The whole Naval Power of Pakistan comprises of 25,000 men ( and ~ 5,000 in reserve)....So don't take this number by terminalX too seriously. They aren't that authentic either...

On topic : It is good to see some movement in Pakistan navy at last....

Pakistan Navy should raise two squadrons of JF-17Ns (N for naval version)... These JF-17s should be tailor-made for anti-ship roles and fighting over sea etc...

I'm really waiting to see the Babur's launch from Naval ships or better yet , PN submarines.. This will be a game changer in the region... Pakistani submarines armed with nuclear-tipped cruise missiles will be a REAL threat to any adversary....

Very good & good for Pak Navy. I believe Pak Navy should now induct Navy Fighter Jet as well, if not many types than at least one type should be inducted into the Navy & that to in good quantity & China is the right choice.

Presumably jets to fight navies. That would be a good idea, and does away with the dismal prospects of using a mere navy to fight other navies.

Fatman,
But this Terminal report says that there are approx 5000 marines now (with the comissioning of 2nd Bn now) leading upto Bde strength in 2015 and the eventually Corps strength of 45,000 troops.

Given that 2 Bns will max at abt 1600 men how credible is the report above?

brother its wrong - marines come under command of COMCOAST. the PSO to COMCOAST is a close friend. he confirmed the strength of the PN marines. cannot get more authentic than the 'horses mouth'

The whole Naval Power of Pakistan comprises of 25,000 men ( and ~ 5,000 in reserve)....So don't take this number by terminalX too seriously. They aren't that authentic either...

Pakistan Navy should raise two squadrons of JF-17Ns (N for naval version)... These JF-17s should be tailor-made for anti-ship roles and fighting over sea etc...

I'm really waiting to see the Babur's launch from Naval ships or better yet , PN submarines.. This will be a game changer in the region... Pakistani submarines armed with nuclear-tipped cruise missiles will be a REAL threat to any adversary....

The size of the Marines will eventually be increased to a Corp level. But of course, that's a long term plan. I know for some reason that Navy is concentrating a great deal to equip Marines as much as they can. The strategic plans for the Navy are really making the Marines to be very potent force. In number too actually.

And yes, you're wrong about the size of the Navy, mate. As the article states, at least 40,000 officers and sailors alone participated in 'SEASPARK-12', this I also heard in a briefing by a Naval official during the days of the exercise.

The size of the Marines will eventually be increased to a Corp level. But of course, that's a long term plan. I know for some reason that Navy is concentrating a great deal to equip Marines as much as they can. The strategic plans for the Navy are really making the Marines to be very potent force. In number too actually.

And yes, you're wrong about the size of the Navy, mate. As the article states, at least 40,000 officers and sailors alone participated in 'SEASPARK-12', this I also heard in a briefing by a Naval official during the days of the exercise.

Well a 'corps' of Pakistan Marines?!?! That is really interesting...

Anyways , Pakistan Navy is expanding and it is a good sign....

W.r.t Pakistan's coastline , naval power of Pakistan is really decent.....

Can u trust the captain with sole responsibility of a nuclear arsenal?what if he is a closet fanatic?This question troubles me a lot,rather than pakistan gaining nuclear triad capability.

Can u trust the captain with sole responsibility of a nuclear arsenal?what if he is a closet fanatic?This question troubles me a lot,rather than pakistan gaining nuclear triad capability.
first you are insane and no one is gonna put some fanatic abroad a nsubmarine thats just your dream nothing more

I think PN should induct more surface platforms for the navy, because I think that current force levels are lower even for protecting our sea lanes, let alone countering the neighboring navy.

Doesn't that go for IN , USN , Japanese Navy etc etc etc?

Plus : Nuclear-launch is not a joke. No captain on its own can do that....

Read up on mechanism of that...

Well, this risk can never be avoided, we have incidents in history when World's two Super powers almost went to war on such bases. But you see, this also troubles me 'cause I've my reservations on India giving the Nuclear button to someone metally ill in the Navy, you never know. This feeling is mutual. You worry about us, we worry about you.

I think PN should induct more surface platforms for the navy, because I think that current force levels are lower even for protecting our sea lanes, let alone countering the neighboring navy.

Well, for a Force like PN, which is really short of funds right now, we need more underwater platforms. Submarines work best. A potent Submarine force, even small in numbers, can deter a large adversary.

Well, for a Force like PN, which is really short of funds right now, we need more underwater platforms. Submarines work best. A potent Submarine force, even small in numbers, can deter a large adversary.

Isn't the PN in the process of acquiring 6 Chinese subs, coupled with 3 agosta's with MESMA. I think it is enough for the offensive front, next up must be the surface fleet with a particular attention for air defence umbrella, because PAF wont be able to provide that in deep sea.

Back
Top Bottom