What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

There are news reports quoting some american mag that the attack on PAK check posts were carried out by american heli's....

So , the culprit is not NATo, the heli was of autonomous forces?

The Heli was NATO Heli, of course. The dead are Pakistani soldiers, no doubt about that. However, we do not know yet whether it was a deliberate offensive, or an accident.

Don't you feel everything should be determined clearly before holding anyone responsible or accountable for whatever has happened?

If the NATO Heli went there for the sole purpose of killing Pak Troops, then it is an act of war. The PA knows best, let us see how it construes the incident. But I hope you do keep in mind that the NATO forces would gain nothing by just targeting the Pak forces inside Pakistani borders.

Its obvious you have read biased history? The Frontier Gandhi made his supporters abstain from the elections(since most elections in Pakistan are rigged) as he was against leaving India an option not given in the UN mandate and you know the margin difference was just .06 %? Pakhtoons on both sides of the borders consider themselves Pakhtoons first and not Pakistanis or Afg's. Thats a reality everyone accepts.

Uh what? What are you ranting on about?

The Taliban obviously do not respect or give two hoots about the UN mandate, but the US should. That was my point.

The Heli was NATO Heli, of course. The dead are Pakistani soldiers, no doubt about that. However, we do not know yet whether it was a deliberate offensive, or an accident.

Don't you feel everything should be determined clearly before holding anyone responsible or accountable for whatever has happened?

If the NATO Heli went there for the sole purpose of killing Pak Troops, then it is an act of war. The PA knows best, let us see how it construes the incident. But I hope you do keep in mind that the NATO forces would gain nothing by just targeting the Pak forces inside Pakistani borders.

No, we do not know, and we should wait, although the real story might not ever come out in the public.

But I find it really really hard to believe how the pilot or the area commander could have mistook a HQ for a Taliban haven.

Yeah but considering past violations of Pak territory by NATO measures must had been taken..

Most probably not. They only had small arms, and maybe RPG's( not the most accurate things).

Helis , specifically attack helis are armoured around the cockpit, engine, avionics bay etc.

So not a good chance to shoot them down with small arms.

Bilal, I update my statement about the logistics from 40% to 35%

In n July, John McCain asked the incoming Commander of US Transportation Command, at the latter's Senate confirmation hearing

Senator MCCAIN. Thank you, Mr. Chairman. General Fraser, to follow up on Chairman Levin’s question about what would happen if Pakistan cut off its supply routes, what percent of our logistics now goes through Pakistan?

General FRASER. Sir, it is my understanding that approximately 35 percent moves through the ground, and the other is moving through the Northern Distribution Network, coupled with also the lift as we bring in supplies by air.

Source hearing at Senate Armed Services Committee http://armed-services.senate.gov/Transcripts/2011/07 July/11-63 - 7-21-11.pdf

So from May to July, it goes from 40% to 35%.

This is November, take a guess!

the next thing that PA can do is attack one of the NATO out post kill a few n realize that it was a mistake n then apologize

Let me give you a lesson in history which is close to home on how you savages invaded ireland and killed the gaelic languge and the English settled Presbyterian Scots in northern Ireland to create demographic changes that to this day are a source of conflict in the North.

Let there be a united Ireland and May the IRA rise to take back the North compltely out of the hands of the English! Ameen!!!

You learn and change from history and maybe Pakistan needs to do the same? If your writ does not run in an area you claim to be yours than the area is not yours.

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Who says death toll can't rise especially when you have more than a dozen seriously injured troops?
It can and its more important now to allow Journalists into this area and let them report the truth. We all deserve the truth! Punish all who are guilty.

This blockade will last a couple of weeks max just like last time, just drama that the Pakistani government has to do after such a huge incident. Pakistan is not in the position to dictate terms to the US, such is the result of its policies since the 70's. You became the "most major non-nato ally " by choice in order for regional benefits and now you must pay the price for it. I thought Pakistan would have learned from the Soviet-Afghan war but its seems like the country has a very short-term memory. The only thing you tend to remember is your hate towards India when in reality your biggest enemy is sitting in your own home.

I would have to agree with the first part, regarding the NATO supply lines thing.

Back
Top Bottom