What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

2 hours of operation inside Pakistan's territory, and our Airforce was mum the whole time leaving the Jawans to be butchered by the crusaders. To hell with these F-16s and Jf-17s, if they can't even protect men of their own organization.

May they Rest In Peace, and may Allah SWT be the judge - the blood of those nation's sons, and the tears and sorrows of those families will not go in vein.

If no action of the same scale didn't taken, the demoralization among military personnel will lead this organization to an absolute disaster.
I bet every single pilot would be willing to go out there and fight for the country even if they know they would face heavy casualties.Our Leaders are cowards.If such attacks happen again in future and our leaders don't take any taken i suspect we might face a rebellion.

just adding my two cents. Boycott will further isolate Pakistan, GOP/PA should go.

It is not an international conference like the UN where Pakistan can raise its issues, it is a conference about Afghanistan & its security. Pakistan will go to conferences where it can make its voice on its issues heard. Pakistan was the most important country in the Bonn conference, & without Pakistan, the Bonn Conference will be like Hamlet without the Prince of Denmark.

LANAT is koom pe begerat kom begerat FAUJI Hukmaran begerat govt...

RUSSIA Threatening China threatening Iran threatening Turkey Threatening ... and country jiskay saath huwa hey KEEP QUIET begerat FAUJI HUKMARAN begerat kay bachay!

If Only you could use this anger towards something constructive that will help Pakistan , When you accuse others Look at yourself first what have you done for this country . it is way to easy to sit in front of computer and criticize others , when you are in the chair & have to make decisions that will effect millions of lives you cannot play into enemy hands by acting radically .

your have more then 2000 posts & yet i am unable to see any maturity in this post of yours .

It is not an international conference like the UN where Pakistan can raise its issues, it is a conference about Afghanistan & its security. Pakistan will go to conferences where it can make its voice on its issues heard. Pakistan was the most important country in the Bonn conference, & without Pakistan, the Bonn Conference will be like Hamlet without the Prince of Denmark.

I thought in a conference about Afghanistan, Afghanistan would be the most important country.

It is very important to hear all the accounts to ascertain the most plausible account of events, esp when we, as the public, are in the dark.

Here are some of the accounts:

Pakistan's version -

1. Maps were provided to the ISAF, so they must have known it was a military outpost.

2. The attack was unprovoked, and lasted for 2 hours.

3. The military men were killed in sleep (most of them at least).

4. PA HQ was alerted through the quarters in Peshawar, and they pleaded with the NATO commanders to stop the attack, but to no avail.

Now the statement of ISAF -

1. The incident is highly regrettable, NATO sends out is condolences to the bereaved families of the martyred soldiers.

2. Nothing can be officially said about the incident till the investigation report is out.

Now the account of injured soldiers who experienced the incident firsthand -

1. At about 11pm (3 hours prior to the attack), a light aircraft came from across the border, flies over the post and fires flares and returns.

Cross checking with Pakistan's official version - How is it that such an incident of aircraft coming in from across border and firing flares takes place, and all the troops are still asleep?

2. About half an hour later (not even midnight yet, and still full 2 and a half hours prior to the time of the attack) armed helicopters and light aircraft came. They again fired flares and began firing at the men.

Cross checking with Pakistan's official version - Firing begins at 11:30 PM, and soldiers are still asleep?

3. They remained in the area for about 5 to 6 hours. During this time, the helicopter kept firing at individual personnel at will.

Cross checking with Pakistan's official version - How is it, that the attack lasted 5-6 hours, the PA high command pleads with the NATO forces to stop the attack (throughout 5-6 hours, but to no avail - even if we say they pleaded with NATO forces at 2:30 PM, still they had enough time to send in reinforcements.), and yet does not send in any reinforcements or fighter jets, that shouldn't take more than 30 mins to reach the point of contention?

----------------

What I do (personally) gather from all the accounts and official statements here is that that was a terrible communication gap between the outpost, and the Army headquarters, with the involvement of a communication node at Peshawar. Most probably, it was a case of mistaken identity, the NATO forces acting in an overzealous manner, and the actually bombarding of the outpost lasting no more than a few minutes - provided the Pakistani Army communicated its pleas to stop the attack right away.

Anyhow, the accounts of all the parties involved are still very questionable and leave out many holes yet to be filled to appear as clean as truth. However, I would, for one, believe the accounts of the injured soldier more than the statements of NATO or PA spokesmen.

Two posts were hit. Nobody knows how many troops were asleep initially when the posts were engaged by the helis. So lets not confuse minor pieces of information to try to come up with objections to the Pakistani narrative.

Some troops were obviously hit when they were asleep. Others who stood guard, while others in the platoon deployed rested, engaged the helis. They were engaged by the helis and then the second post engaged the heli with their lone HMG and they too were engaged by the Apaches and AC-130.

Also, once an observation aircraft comes across, the entire post does not wake up. There are duties to be performed round the clock on the position and unless the position is being attacked, the ones resting probably did not come out to check on what the observation aircraft/UAV etc. was up to as in that area, such flights are quite common.

I think America needs a sensible and smart President. After Bush, Obama has been another disaster. Their foreign policy has been inconsistent on all fronts and economy in doldrums. Iran, Russia, China, Pakistan, Middle East . They are faltering everywhere.
The only reason they have managed progress with India is that India doesn't have any conflicting interests with them so far. I'll tell you, one major area of dispute and their relations will break with India too. They are now cozying up with Myanmar.

Pakistan should attend but walk out after recording a fierce protest during the conference. That should be much more effective!

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Pakistan is waiting for a phone call from its god which not yet called . i think if obama is busy he can send SMS and pakistan will be in conference before even others arrive in conformance room :lol:

When will you stop your same old over-repeated illogical bull shyte? Your starting to bore everyone around this forum. *Yawns*

I still feel PK needs to stand its ground, and make its case at the Bonn Conf.
Lets see if the current strategy yields the desired results.

a good, sound decision by Pakistan, in light of the hostile and unforgivable act committed against 24 jawans whose only crime was defending themself after being woken up to hostile aircraft in a ''2 hour accidental engagement against blues''

the supply route should remain shut until further notice; any NATO tanker seen attempting to cross should be fired upon.... its contents seized

these conferences are useless for now; no further cooperation until this issue is resolved and in the broader scheme of things --until the anti-Pakistan activity is immediately ended.

Army Air defence should also be ordered to increase presence along the border; Afghan informants found anywhere near the border should be detained.

all lines of communication with NATO/ISAF/afghan 'security forces' should be indefinitely suspended

I bet every single pilot would be willing to go out there and fight for the country even if they know they would face heavy casualties.Our Leaders are cowards.If such attacks happen again in future and our leaders don't take any taken i suspect we might face a rebellion.

Would you have been ready for the repercussion?

i.e actions like these on a larger scale, and who knows, possibly a much bigger war scale? Although jets should have been deployed to ward off the intruding helis, and possibly shoot them if fired upon still.

Where did you get the soldiers account from? Never seen or heard anything like that till now.

The op , as said by everybody. lasted for 2-5 hours. It was unprovoked, most soldiers were sleeping. According to one injured soldier, there were 4 helis. Which came and started firing instantly, according to his interview video.

Today’s papers carry the news that the Nato Chief has said that the attack on Pakistani soldiers was un-intentional. Very generous of him! Yesterday, I talked to Lt Col Shahid Jan from Peshawar. He had just visited CMH Peshawar to meet the wounded in Salah Post by the US/Nato raid on night of 26 November. This is what he told me.
There were 14 wounded lying in the surgical ward suffering a variety of wounds. He talked to everyone of them and asked them what had happened. The crux of the account of the soldiers and officers was that at about 11pm on 26th Nov a light aircraft came from across the border, flew over the post and fired flares and returned. About half an hour later armed helicopters and light aircraft came. They again fired flares and began firing at the men. They remained in the area for about 5 to 6 hours. During this time, the helicopter kept firing at individual personnel at will. The post had only one 12.7 anti-aircraft gun which opened fire. The gunner was shot. The major on the post took up the gun and began firing at the helicopters. He was fired at again. While changing position he was hit by a rocket or missile. His body was blasted to pieces. Only his name-plate was found. Every one of the men on the post was killed or wounded. They seemed to be in no hurry and going after each individual separately. Having finished the entire post, they went back without any casualty on their part.
And the Nato Chief has the effrontery to say that it was un-intentional.
Now my question is, if for 5 to 6 hours this enemy action was taking place and our ground troops were under such deliberate enemy fire, where was the Army’s reaction and where was the PAF during all this time? I cannot believe that the Corps HQ or the PAF Northern Command in Peshawar did not know what was going on, on the front. If so, both should be disbanded for deliberate incompetence.

AYAZ AHMAD,
Rawalpindi, November 28.

The aforesaid report used to be here - http://nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-n...f-lies-by-Nato

No more... wonder why

Pakistan is waiting for a phone call from its god which not yet called . i think if obama is busy he can send SMS and pakistan will be in conference before even others arrive in conformance room :lol:

The one word for you Sir is , Grow Up .

This irrational , Illogical thinking of yours & people like you is what brought us here , We dont think we dont even try to find out the truth we just believe what others say or what the person we trust say to us .

You for your entertainment want a confrontation that will result in loss of more innocent lives, more people will dies & it will not be of US or NATO it will be either Pakistanis or Afghans , You want to send US a strong message Yes that is a very good thing , BUT you have to make yourself strong first.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom