What's new

Alexander the not so Great: History through Persian eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its impossible for an Indian, and especially a Zoroastrian, to now comment on any Iranian topic and thread.

Now that they have their own watch-dog.

I'm out of here.

I think its impossible for an Indian, and especially a Zoroastrian, to now comment on any Iranian topic and thread.

I'm out of here.

You come here and start talking about how Persians became Arabs and such nonsense. Its your own fault. Little Indian.

I'm out of here.

It has nothing to do with being Indian or Zoroastrian. You're off-topic. You could open a different thread about Zoroastrianism and share your opinion about the religion with us, but you shouldn't ruin other topics to state your opinion.

Thread closed temporarily.
I'll open it as soon as the dust settles and I think off-topic and trolling posts have been finished.

EDIT: Thread opened again.
No more religious, off-topic posts please. Thanks

Hollywood films are for entertainment. They are not recommended sources for historical accuracy.

Historians are the real thing regardless of nationalities.

I am not particularly thrilled that Alexander rolled over the people my people originated from, destroying much of our shared heritage.

I am more than thrilled that Alexander was stopped in his tracks and died a lonely diseased death on the land and by my people whom we belong to today.

Ditto for every other invader who rolled over Iran and met his end in India.

The buck stops here! :)

I am not particularly thrilled that Alexander rolled over the people my people originated from, destroying much of our shared heritage.

I am more than thrilled that Alexander was stopped in his tracks and died a lonely diseased death on the land and by my people whom we belong to today.

Ditto for every other invader who rolled over Iran and met his end in India.

The buck stops here! :)

Very funny !!! You Indian's talk of identity crisis ..................... Since when have Sindhi and Pak Punjabi become 'your people'? I assume you are from Gujrat state which is part of the Indian Republic.

Sindh was conquered by the British at the Battle of Miani in 1843 and was chained into the slave colony called 'British India'. In 1947 Sindh was elected to leave this slave colony and federate into P a k i S tan. Sindh provides the S in the acronym P a k i S tan.

Battle of Miani - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sindh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Punjab was a Sikh kingdom in 1849 when it was conquered by the British and chained to the their enslaved colony. In
1947 the bulk of Punjab voted to federate along with Sindh into Pakistan. Punjab provides the P in acronym P a k i S tan.

Punjab, Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since Alexander invaded the Indus valley region he fought against Punjabi's [ Porus near Jhelum ] then nearly got killed in Multan [Punjab, Pakistan] by by a Punjabi arrow before he marched into Sindh. Since you are neither Punjabi or Sindhi why is a Gujrati and a citizen of Indian Republic trying to claim the credit of Sindhi's and Punjabi's of Pakistan?

TO THE IRANIAN MEMBERS HERE.

I find myself again intruding into your thread - Do please accept my apology. As much as you are proud of your land [ you have every reason to be ] we in Pakistan are also proud of ours.

Pakistan maybe a just acronym that was coined up 70 years ago as a umbrella for all the peoples of the Indus Valley region but the Pashtuns [ Afghania as in p A k i s tan ], Balochistan [ as in p a k i s TAN ] Sindhi [ p a k i S tan ] Punjabi [ as P a k i s tan ] and Kashmir [ as in p a K i s tan ] have lived in the Indus Valley since and before the days of Harrapa or Mohenjo Daro. So we are a ancient people.

Harappa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mohenjo-daro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the modern day Pakistan Sindhi's and Punjabi's are the dominant groups as they constitute about 75% of the population. It is these people who fought and spilled blood against Alexander. Because much of the world narrative is infoormed by the English language and the West are history has been plundered first by the English because that slave colony that they built was named India and to the british we were just one and then by modern day Indian's who use our land to polish their ego.

Exactly in the same way as English use Ancient Greece to polish off their past by turning the Greeks into albino white, blond haired blue eyed nordics fighting the swarthy Ethiopic Persians. That is called revisionist history. Tansposing today's reality on the past and tailoring it to your satisfaction.

The North Europeans overlook one important fact. Why did alexander not bother invading north west Europe? The reason was simple, who would want to invade savages running around in naked? To Alexander, Persia was the epicentre of the known world. If he beat Persia his name would go down in history. That alone says something about Persia.

Finally I would like to say to my Iranian friends here that you do not like Iran being looked as 'another Arab country' or being seen as just like Iraq but Farsii speaking well do appreciate that we in Pakistan also don't appreciate being seen in India's shadow. I say this because of the comment by Surenas. Very few countries in the world have one ethnic group within it's borders.

The backbone of modern day Iran is the Farsi speaking Persians along with other groups like Azerbaijani etc Not all are Iranic and in the same way in Pakistan the Punjabi and the allied Sindhi are the backbone along with Iranic Pashtun and Baloch.

TO THE INDIANS.

Please discuss what you want to but I would appreciate if you left the Sindhi or Punjabi's of Pakistan alone. I know you lot love jumping on that Pakistan came only into existance in 1947 [ as if we the people of Pakistan were teleported Star Trek style in 1947 onto this land ] but since Sindhi's and Punjabi's are the primary custodians of the Indus Valley I hope you are better able to understand. If of course any of you are ethnic Sindhi's or western Punjabi migrants in India, yes by all means you have right to talk of the history of this region as yours but I know 99% of India is not.

You will NOT see me in this thread again unless history/heritage of Pak Sindhi or Pak Punjabi's is brought up by Indian's.

Thank You.

Very funny !!! You Indian's talk of identity crisis ..................... Since when have Sindhi and Pak Punjabi become 'your people'? I assume you are from Gujrat state which is part of the Indian Republic.

Angeldust is a Parsi talking about his ancestral heritage in Iran. It seems you wasted lots of time to write this long message. :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom