What's new

Al-Khalid 2

Aside from the catastrophic or complete kill, which render the tank both unusable and unrepairable, there is always the mobility-kill because engines, tracks, or running gear get damaged, the firepower-kill because the tank is no longer able to function e.g. because gun or optics/optronics damaged or destroyed and the mission-kill which are all other reasons why the tank can no longer function as intended.

THe link on that gun-fored 125mm ATGW says:

Now, does that mean 750mm total (including ERA) or 750mm behind the ERA (so after that has been penetrated)?

The first warheador precursor charge won't penetrate any armor. its only job is to destroy the explosive in the ERA tile so that the second or main warhead can properly form it's shaped charge jet.

i think the nest AK should have more reactive armor i.e. extended turret to front and both side, something like this... (see attachements)

what do you think?? :bounce: :pakistan:

Yes,yes~ and what about these chinese type 96A (a light tank,not type 99)??
Look at these tanks carefully.
1.wedge-shaped armor
2.Low Profile Turret

the last two are heavy tanks type99A

Attachments

• 96-1.jpg
    96-1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 96-3.jpg
    96-3.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 67
  • 96-5.jpg
    96-5.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 47
  • china 99-31.jpg
    china 99-31.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 58
  • china 99-30.jpg
    china 99-30.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 45
The first warheador precursor charge won't penetrate any armor. its only job is to destroy the explosive in the ERA tile so that the second or main warhead can properly form it's shaped charge jet.

I know what a tandem warhead is and does, thank you. Basically you are saying the term ERA (explosive reactive ARMOR) is wrong. So, ERA=armor as far as I'm concerned, though obviously of a different form than steel, composite, laminate, spaced, and applique armors.

The effect of ERA is often expressed in how many mm of RHA equivalent it adds to the underlying layer of non-reactive armor (which has its own RHA equivalent value if it is not rolled homogeneous steel).

That's a problem of ERA by the way, each tile is reactive only once. Hence, the use of tandem warheads on AT(G) weapons. This is in turn countered by double layer ERA. But this has gotten an answer too: RPG-30 (with secundary rocket and main rocket with tandem warhead).

A tank with Kaktus-5 can be killed if hit by multiple rounds in roughly the same spot. Which means either a) rapid high precision fire by a single tank or AT-system or b) ganging up on the threat with multiple vehicles/systems. Also, not 100% of the forward arc is covered by ERA, which leaves areas of increased vulnerability..

Last edited:
I know what a tandem warhead is and does, thank you. Basically you are saying the term ERA (explosive reactive ARMOR) is wrong. So, ERA=armor as far as I'm concerned, though obviously of a different form than steel, composite, laminate, spaced, and applique armors.

The effect of ERA is often expressed in how many mm of RHA equivalent it adds to the underlying layer of non-reactive armor (which has its own RHA equivalent value if it is not rolled homogeneous steel).

That's a problem of ERA by the way, each tile is reactive only once. Hence, the use of tandem warheads on AT(G) weapons. This is in turn countered by double layer ERA. But this has gotten an answer too: RPG-30 (with secundary rocket and main rocket with tandem warhead).

A tank with Kaktus-5 can be killed if hit by multiple rounds in roughly the same spot. Which means either a) rapid high precision fire by a single tank or AT-system or b) ganging up on the threat with multiple vehicles/systems. Also, not 100% of the forward arc is covered by ERA, which leaves areas of increased vulnerability..

There are still active protection systems too, which are supposed to be pretty effective. The newest Western tanks are supposed to get them too, I think.

There are still active protection systems too, which are supposed to be pretty effective. The newest Western tanks are supposed to get them too, I think.
RPG-30 can also overcome active protection systems.

Yes,yes~ and what about these chinese type 96A (a light tank,not type 99)??
Look at these tanks carefully.
1.wedge-shaped armor
2.Low Profile Turret

the last two are heavy tanks type99A

The type 96A is based upon the Type 85 III which is the standard for Pakistani Type 85IIAP MBTs.

Due to the similarities I'm sure Pakistan could upgrade these MBTs like Type 59s to Al Zarar.

The type 96A is based upon the Type 85 III which is the standard for Pakistani Type 85IIAP MBTs.

Due to the similarities I'm sure Pakistan could upgrade these MBTs like Type 59s to Al Zarar.

What does the words "AP" and "MBT" (Type 85IIAP MBT )mean ?:what:

RPG-30 can also overcome active protection systems.

Give some examples tanks (have active protection systems?? ) ruined by Taliban

Attachments

• 0518-100516_9073_041.jpg
    0518-100516_9073_041.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 0518-100520_4885_042.jpg
    0518-100520_4885_042.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 74
before AlKhalid II we may be seeing an upgraded tanke called AlKhalid I, better armour and may be an active protection system is on the cards! this will be comming out way before the alKhalid II!!

regards!

Pakistan's Al Khalid Tank Gets Updated

by B.Khan, b.khan@grandestrategy.com & M.Hussain, m.hussain@grandestrategy.com

Pakistan's Al Khalid Tank, widely considered one of the most competent Main Battle Tanks (MBTs) in the global arms market, has received an update, according to GrandeStrategy sources. This new version of Al-Khalid is said to be ready for production, although orders are yet to be placed for production to begin. The Al Khalid II is said to have a new armor that has been tested to defeat all known 120mm and 125mm rounds. This "special" armor is a major technological breakthrough for Pakistan. The tank has received a new transmission and revised electronic turret control.

The Al Khalid II has a new Integrated Battle Management System (IBMS) and active threat-protection system, the latter being an upgrade from the passive system in the earlier model. The tank is now perhaps the most heavily weaponized per tonnage of any tank, being able to carry 49 125mm rounds, 1,500 12.7mm and 7,100 7.62mm rounds.

Rumors suggest that Saudi Arabia is ready to procure the Al Khalid II but not going through with the deal because of differences with the political administration in Pakistan.

Pakistan's Al Khalid Tank Gets Updated

by B.Khan, b.khan@grandestrategy.com & M.Hussain, m.hussain@grandestrategy.com

Pakistan's Al Khalid Tank, widely considered one of the most competent Main Battle Tanks (MBTs) in the global arms market, has received an update, according to GrandeStrategy sources. This new version of Al-Khalid is said to be ready for production, although orders are yet to be placed for production to begin. The Al Khalid II is said to have a new armor that has been tested to defeat all known 120mm and 125mm rounds. This "special" armor is a major technological breakthrough for Pakistan. The tank has received a new transmission and revised electronic turret control.

The Al Khalid II has a new Integrated Battle Management System (IBMS) and active threat-protection system, the latter being an upgrade from the passive system in the earlier model. The tank is now perhaps the most heavily weaponized per tonnage of any tank, being able to carry 49 125mm rounds, 1,500 12.7mm and 7,100 7.62mm rounds.

Rumors suggest that Saudi Arabia is ready to procure the Al Khalid II but not going through with the deal because of differences with the political administration in Pakistan.

Pakistan is ever been in problem with this "political administration in Pakistan" since 1947.

Back
Top Bottom