What's new

AirBlue Commercial Aircraft Crashes in Islamabad

Does any one knows the background of airblue pilots?
Are those also hired on basis of relatioships ignoring better available choices!!!

Bulk of Air Blue pilots are ex-Pakistan Air Force. They get their licensing and conversion training on simulators center in Jordon.

No survivors :( Geo appologised for reporting there were survivors.

Reports just say 5 did survive the initial crash but died on the way to the hospital. :(

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

PAF is working on decoding the black box. GM of Airblue says the Airblue plane that crashed was relatively new and was only eight to 10 years

It was 8 years old.

The plane had its landing gear down at the time of the crash according to the Spokesman of the CAA.

Is this assumption based on some witness or CAA have a control tower at around margala hills?

No survivors in the plane crash says Rehman Malik.

Plane crash in Pakistan kills 152 people

(AP)

ISLAMABAD — A government official says all 152 people on board a plane that crashed in the hills surrounding Pakistan's capital were killed.

Imtiaz Elahi, the chairman of the Capital Development Authority, told The Associated Press that earlier reports of five survivors from the crash were wrong and that all aboard died. The Capital Development Authority has a group that responds to emergency situations

i have a friend who works at the airport & he has informed me that they didn't allow the plane to land rather asked the pilot to divert it to lahore. What were the reasons for doing that, nobody knows yet.

OMG...RIP to those deceased..and may God almighty give Strength to those bereaving families..why God is so cruel at times----poor souls--

Last edited:
i have a friend who works at the airport & he has informed me that they didn't allow the plane to land rather asked the pilot to divert it to lahore. What were the reasons for doing that, nobody knows yet.
Bad weather according to news - Flights were diverted to Lahore.

Hashim Raza Garvaizi, a captain for Pakistan International Airlines, told GEO television that the airport’s runway has auto-landing instruments that allow the plane to land at zero visibility. Mr. Garvaizi knew the pilot and said he had an impeccable record. He speculated that the plane may have been struck by lightening or wind currents may have caused it to dip lower than expected. Mr. Garvaizi said another plane diverted to Lahore about 30 minutes before the Airblue crash.

Bad weather according to news - Flights were diverted to Lahore.
of course, the bad weather!! so instead of letting a plane land which is flying right over the airport, you should send it to another city. diverting flying flights from khi to lhr makes sense but from the air space of Islamabad to lhr? lot of things just don't add up.

Our skies are not like Heathrow or JFK airport where there is too much air traffic ,I believe there should be more information sharing between Control towers and Pilots , If Isloo weather was bad the flight had to pass over Lahore or near it where they could have landed it instead of going all the way to Isloo only to be told that its raining there ... Heads need to roll on this (but i m sure our rulers are sooo thick skinned no minister will resign and admit his mistake ... morally sooo corrupt) .
My condolances to grieving families . May all who died RIP ..amen

Hashim Raza Garvaizi, a captain for Pakistan International Airlines, told GEO television that the airport’s runway has auto-landing instruments that allow the plane to land at zero visibility. Mr. Garvaizi knew the pilot and said he had an impeccable record. He speculated that the plane may have been struck by lightening or wind currents may have caused it to dip lower than expected. Mr. Garvaizi said another plane diverted to Lahore about 30 minutes before the Airblue crash.

They also say that it hit the mountain due to which half of its part fell into a gorge

Geo bas88tards!!!!!

Showing an interview with a family who 4-5 members (3 kids) died aboard flight 202.

And they say, they are looking forward to interview some more such families.

You SOB!!!

Back
Top Bottom