What's new

Ahmadis: The lightning rod that attracts the most hatred

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a really strange society... on one hand we have the religious extremists with their own brand of islam n on the other we have the extreme liberal... God help us... coz we sure cant help ourselves.

Thank u zia.. may u rott in hell.

We have a really strange society... on one hand we have the religious extremists with their own brand of islam n on the other we have the extreme liberal... God help us... coz we sure cant help ourselves.

Agree with your points, but i need to add something different to it. It was the religious extremism which gave birth to extremist liberals.

Agree with your points, but i need to add something different to it. It was the religious extremism which gave birth to extremist liberals.

Are you implying Ahmadi Islam is liberal extremism?

The argument advanced by a quite a few drawing a moral equivalence between religious extremists & "liberal extremists"(whatever that means) in Pakistan is simply wrong according to me. A "liberal extremist" or a bunch of them do not compel any other individual to follow their way. For eg: if homosexuality was legalised, there would be no compulsion to those who were not so inclined; in effect it would make no difference in their lives. It only seeks to prevent people from imposing their beliefs on others. However the contrary is not true, again as an example- the law of blasphemy or the law against Ahmadis imposes a law on people against their will. (I'm speaking specifically about Pakistan) Pakistan is continuously lurching to the right as a society with each passing day. What passes as right wing & extreme one day might very well soon be regarded as a centrist position. Unfortunately the spiral seems to now have acquired a momentum all its own.

i wasnt talking about ahmadis specifically, my point was about religious extremism.

..but you said religious extremism gave birth to extreme liberalism, how is that so?

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

I responded bcoz the question u asked was related to my post..

I see.. well I was asking Ahmad as he made the statement after your post.

I see... but you said religious extremism gave birth to extreme liberalism, how is that so?

before religious extremism, i doubt if there was any liberal extremism. liberal extremism was a reaction to religious extremism.

before religious extremism, i doubt if there was any liberal extremism. liberal extremism was a reaction to religious extremism.

I suppose that could be so... personally I think the next step from religious extremism is religious enlightenment... which is exactly what Ahmadiyya Islam is.

The jahils that ejected the students from the school.

it was wrong to expel them.....the purpose of the educational environment is to promote learning and critical thought. Everything else is secondary.

such unfortunate incidents have taken place elsewhere.....I remember reading about Arab israelis/Palestinians who were expelled from their schools simply because of their background.

(for e.g. http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3817765,00.html;

even children too young to even know their own nationality and religion are not spared -- Israeli School Apartheid, Counterpunch, 10 August 2009)

Well Pakistan does not only belong to you or your like minded people of liberals. My grandparents and along with millions of others protested freedom from the British because we wanted a separate land for Muslims. Remember the naara - Pakistan ka matlab kya, La illaha illaha. Islam was the focus then and now.......

So please, no one have you the monopoly over Pakistan and your liberalism is what is today destroying Pakistan. Extremists, fundamentalists, fanatics, call them by whatever way you wish..... They want Islamic shariah and Islamic way of life just as to the very reason of Pakistan's creation. Mohammed Ali Jinnah was not a one man show and even now his vision is in dispute..... Nonetheless, the Islamic students have every right, EVERY RIGHT after 65 years to now enforce their ways on you just like you and your liberals have done on them for so long.

It appears to be a case of obsession and possession.

On one hand, a lot of members are pretty quick to claim that Prophet Muhammad came to this world for the sake of all the people all over the world, on the other hand, the same members cannot tolerate that Ahmadiyyas take the Islamic Prophet as their own too.

At the same time, Islam also considers Jesus as its prophet (or messenger, howsoever you take it), who also happens to be the last prophet of the Christians.

It seems to me that whatever happened in Islam, with regard to taking some other religion's last prophet and turning him into a junior/'second last' to their own, is exactly the same thing that happened in Ahmadiyya, turning Islam's last Prophet into the 'second last' one, and then bringing out their own prophet (Mirza Ghulam Ahmad) as the final one.

But I do not see Muslims getting persecuted by Christians for that specific reason anywhere in the world.

Ahmadiyyas are already considered non-Muslim by those who believe in the finality of Prophet Muhammad. It should stop at that.

Why persecute them simply because they too feel a right to include Prophet Muhammad in their own religion? He (Prophet Muhammad) is, after all, for everyone, right?

P.S. If there appears any misunderstanding leading to any misinformation in my post, please feel free to point out, with arguments, and with facts.

So please, no one have you the monopoly over Pakistan and your liberalism is what is today destroying Pakistan.

actually, it's misguided religious zeal and intolerance which could destroy Pakistan and ruin the social/moral fabric....the liberal fascist types are just the opposite side of the same coin

Extremists, fundamentalists, fanatics, call them by whatever way you wish..... They want Islamic shariah and Islamic way of life just as to the very reason of Pakistan's creation.

and they hope to achieve ''Shariah'' by doing this:

pakistan-mosque-blast405.jpg

001aa0ba6dbd0fb89b9b07.jpg

Mohammed Ali Jinnah was not a one man show and even now his vision is in dispute.....

those questioning his vision can not be called patriotic Pakistanis......that is treason

Nonetheless, the Islamic students have every right, EVERY RIGHT after 65 years to now enforce their ways on you just like you and your liberals have done on them for so long.

in fairness to the ''liberals'' --at least they dont use bombs with ball-bearings and shrapnel to spread their message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom