What's new

After air, President takes to water

Skeptic

Reaction score
Country
India
After air, President takes to water

MUMBAI: After flying a Sukhoi fighter aircraft, President Pratibha Patil arrived on board INS Viraat on Wednesday to witness a steampast by naval ships, submarines and a demonstration by helicopters and Sea Harriers. India's only aircraft carrier is celebrating its golden jubilee year.

The President said efforts taken by the Navy and allied forces after 26/11 would give positive results. Addressing sailors and officers inside INS Viraat, she said, "Mumbai terror attacks are a grim reminder of the harm that can be perpetuated through sea by elements inimical to India. I am aware that numerous measures have been initiated to enhance coastal security. The Indian Navy and other stakeholders in the maritime domain are playing a proactive role to bring about synergy and establish Standard Operating Procedures to prevent the re-occurrence of such an incident. I'm confident that these efforts would ensure positive results."

She said the government was committed to the process of modernising the Navy in keeping with the changing requirements of the 21st century. The launch of 'Arihant' in July this year was an important milestone in this regard for an equitable balance of power in the region, she said, adding, "I am informed that many new ships, submarines and aircraft construction and acquisition projects are at various stages of completion and would help transform Navy to even more reckonable force."

Majay kar rai hai Pratibha Begum. Kabhi na kar pati agar president na banti to.

Majay kar rai hai Pratibha Begum. Kabhi na kar pati agar president na banti to.

Unke pehle be Kai Presidents aye aye aur Gae Mere dost, aur pehle b Unke Time Me Fighter Jets aur Carriers Hua Karte the....

But She is the First Women President to do so.

It takes more than just the opportunity to get things like this done at the age of 75.

Commitment and Courage.

One of the most idiotic presidents ever. Another puppet in the establishment. She makes Zardari look like a genious. Indians have to beat themselves with slippers for continuing to be treated like puppets in a dynastic rule. First the queen of England, then the waitress of Italy, then another prince in future. Jai Maharaj.

Unke pehle be Kai Presidents aye aye aur Gae Mere dost, aur pehle b Unke Time Me Fighter Jets aur Carriers Hua Karte the....

But She is the First Women President to do so.

It takes more than just the opportunity to get things like this done at the age of 75.

Commitment and Courage.

No differences on that.

Our president is great in his own way. Whenever he came out of his Presidency, it was to take some foreign trip. But he takes keen interest in Submarines, specially if they are coming from France. :hitwall:

One of the most idiotic presidents ever. Another puppet in the establishment. She makes Zardari look like a genious. Indians have to beat themselves with slippers for continuing to be treated like puppets in a dynastic rule. First the queen of England, then the waitress of Italy, then another prince in future. Jai Maharaj.

True. In fact she is trying to copy Sir Abdul Kalam ........but she can never be like him.:taz:
She should rather start a cookery class in Rashtrapati Bhavan, if she wants to do sumthin new.

By the way,look at the upgraded Harrier in the background,two Derby BVR AAMs on each side under wing pylons,R-73,double rack for bombs, wow!

Cheers

No differences on that.

Our president is great in his own way. Whenever he came out of his Presidency, it was to take some foreign trip. But he takes keen interest in Submarines, specially if they are coming from France. :hitwall:

Isn't that the role of the Pakistani President to be the representative of your nation abroad.

With the Prime Minister Handling legislative affairs

True. In fact she is trying to copy Sir Abdul Kalam ........but she can never be like him.:taz:
She should rather start a cookery class in Rashtrapati Bhavan, if she wants to do sumthin new.

Fun fact, The President of India is in fact the supreme Commander of our Armed Forces. so this the Kind of stuff President of India should do.

Frankly, I think i like this Tradition that Kalam has unknowingly Started. although Patil could barely hold a Candle to Kalam.
By following in His footsteps she has made this a Tradition that All future Presidents should should also Participate in.

as part of The List of Things all Indian Presidents Must do.
-break The sound barrier On the MKI. Going higher and faster than any other president.
(do the same with the FGFA when we have it, making them also the Stealthiest President ever)

-Take a dive in a Nuclear Sub, going lower than Any president has ever gone before.:lol:

-Participate In the IN demonstration by captaining(ceremonial) the Flagship aircraft carrier.

what do you guys think, should we celebrate this kind of ceremony
:cheers:

I'm sorry, this is ridiculous .. presidents are NOT supposed to burn public money by making an amusement park out of the armed forces and their assets. As if that giant British era palace of Rashtrapati Bhavan wasnt enough of a joke on the common man ..

one more picture

6de2c773ead86cfb94d6f39b262b1f9b.jpg

I'm sorry, this is ridiculous .. presidents are NOT supposed to burn public money by making an amusement park out of the armed forces and their assets. As if that giant British era palace of Rashtrapati Bhavan wasnt enough of a joke on the common man ..
Ya tell it to Obama!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom