What's new

Afghan Taliban capture Pakistani soldiers in cross border attack

Well if we consider the news agencies' words as some kind of revelation, then tell me where are the WMDs in Iraq?

The Afghani Taliban did not attack, rather TTP people backed by ANA and elements from Afghanistan attack,

None of the captured ones have been kept in Pakistan,

The statement of Afghan Govt is evident of the fact

Jana, I think the AFP report above clears up some of the confusion. The post was overrun by Taliban and the soldiers abandoned it, and some traveled across the border into Afghanistan where the ANA picked them up and handed them over to the consulate.

I don't think the ANA had anything to do with the Taliban assault itself, at least not based on any information available currently.

But according to the reports it is afghani taliban who have claimed this.

According to credible Afghan Govt Official 10 Pakistani soldiers have been handed over to Pakistani Consulate so lets for a moment believe the Afghan Taliban attack then the question arises how come Afghan Taliban handed them over to Afghan Govt for handing over to Pakistan??????????????

Jana, I think the AFP report above clears up some of the confusion. The post was overrun by Taliban and the soldiers abandoned it, and some traveled across the border into Afghanistan where the ANA picked them up and handed them over to the consulate.

I don't think the ANA had anything to do with the Taliban assault itself, at least not based on any information available currently.

:) So it means that Pakistan has no love relation with Afghan Taliban as was claimed by American Thurki Tanks i mean Think Tanks, School of economics and so on who are coming up with reports of links between Pakistan and Afghan Taliban getting warmed day by day.

I stand by my claim. Rest we can down play it for keeping the atmosphere calm and avoid emergence of hostile scenario between the two countries.

According to credible Afghan Govt Official 10 Pakistani soldiers have been handed over to Pakistani Consulate so lets for a moment believe the Afghan Taliban attack then the question arises how come Afghan Taliban handed them over to Afghan Govt for handing over to Pakistan??????????????[/B]

Jana, the AFP report says above 50 are still missing. The 10 men handed by Afghan Police may not have been captured by the Taliban in the first place, and as the AFP report says could have wandered into Afghanistan, since the post is right on the border.

According to credible Afghan Govt Official 10 Pakistani soldiers have been handed over to Pakistani Consulate so lets for a moment believe the Afghan Taliban attack then the question arises how come Afghan Taliban handed them over to Afghan Govt for handing over to Pakistan??????????????[/B]

dear jana, we dont know yet. all we know is Afghani taliban claim to have captured many pak soldiers, afghanistna's gov says they have handed 10 pak soldiers to their consulate, nothing is clear now. but as AG mentioned, it is possible that the soldiers might have crossed the border to ANA side, these 2 armies might not be the greatest friends, but at least i am sure they dont kill each other either as they are armies of the 2 countries.

:) I already shared the information. The attack did take place and ANA led the TTP people

It is about time that pak army come on TV and expose the criminal silence of our President.

Zardari represent which people? which army?

This is open war from Indians????

When are we going to strike them down????

:) So it means that Pakistan has no love relation with Afghan Taliban as was claimed by American Thurki Tanks i mean Think Tanks, School of economics and so on who are coming up with reports of links between Pakistan and Afghan Taliban getting warmed day by day.

I stand by my claim. Rest we can down play it for keeping the atmosphere calm and avoid emergence of hostile scenario between the two countries.

lets dont go to that point, atomsphere is too good as well. hope things get better.

Jana, the AFP report says above 50 are still missing. The 10 men handed by Afghan Police may not have been captured by the Taliban in the first place, and as the AFP report says could have wandered into Afghanistan, since the post is right on the border.

Wandering into Afghanistan is out of question. You can say it is possible for few yards but not up to middle of Kunar. The attack came from Afghan Side hence if at all the soldiers had to flee then they would have towards Pakistani side not Afghanistan.

BUT lets wait for more information

could be

dear jana, we dont know yet. all we know is Afghani taliban claim to have captured many pak soldiers, afghanistna's gov says they have handed 10 pak soldiers to their consulate, nothing is clear now. but as AG mentioned, it is possible that the soldiers might have crossed the border to ANA side, these 2 armies might not be the greatest friends, but at least i am sure they dont kill each other either as they are armies of the 2 countries.

I agree lets wait.

I got the reports when the attack took place but as my mother is not well so i could not file the story above all Pakistani media observed caution only few BIG channels had that report including Dawn

Wandering into Afghanistan is out of question. You can say it is possible for few yards but not up to middle of Kunar. The attack came from Afghan Side hence if at all the soldiers had to flee then they would have towards Pakistani side not Afghanistan.

BUT lets wait for more information

could be

these types of attacks are not that rare, only a week or so ago we saw the taliban attacked locations inside afghaistan from pakitan.

Don't you see it was a TTP lead by ANA???
Both are product of RAW!!!!

ANA is not an army... it is a joint terror group of a govt. constitued of warlords and druglords.

In past ANA has torched NATO trucks at border regions...

In any case if they kill a single soldier out of 50 than Afghanis, loose all rights of calling Pakistan for help and co.operation.

Mind your bl*o*ody language. Dont ever call my army the terrorists. Yes, it is a new army which doesnt have the skills of other armies, but it is representing my country. if you want to be respected try to learn respecting the others.

and where in any reports says that ANA carried out this attack in collaboration with TTP? TTP is never in this news anyways. you should know that the TTP have killed us the same way the taliban kill us now.

these types of attacks are not that rare, only a week or so ago we saw the taliban attacked locations inside afghaistan from pakitan.

Ahmad the unusual thing is that Afghan Taliban attacking Pakistani check post which proves if true

1. Pakistan is not helping Afghan Taliban so they are angry over it and attacking us.

2. If ISI, Pak army as per claims of some elements in US and India, supports Afghan Taliban then why they would attack us in the first place ?

3. How will such attack on Pakistani post will help Afghan Taliban in their fight against NATO/US?

Back
Top Bottom