What's new

Aero India: Photos of Re-designed AMCA

Nice to see YF-23 Body coming to AMCA.:yahoo:

Not really, only the wings are similar, while the YF23 has actually the same layout as Pak Fa, with the engines seperated to make it flatter.

The tail design of the earlier graphics, clearly was better too:

%253D%253Futf-8%253FB%253FSU1HLTIwMTMwMjA1LTAxMjExLmpwZw%253D%253D%253F%253D-740673

DSC07358.JPG

which Engin will power amca. ?

IF it will be developed (because so far it's nothing more than an ADA/DRDO project), the aim will be to get Kaveri engine ready for that fighter at least, after they failed to develop it for LCA. But it's a long shot and we first might look for a co-development partner. I predict Snecma!

Not really, only the wings are similar, while the YF23 has actually the same layout as Pak Fa, with the engines seperated to make it flatter.

%253D%253Futf-8%253FB%253FSU1HLTIwMTMwMjA1LTAxMjExLmpwZw%253D%253D%253F%253D-740673

DSC07358.JPG
Sir,many of us believe that serpentine intake,flat belly are must for VLO platform.
yf23roll.jpg
yf-23_06_of_51.jpg

YF-23 does not have both s-intake& flat belly,it uses radar blocker to suppress reflections from blades.
Can we expect stealthiness of PAK-FA/FGFA to be similar to YF-23.

IF it will be developed (because so far it's nothing more than an ADA/DRDO project), the aim will be to get Kaveri engine ready for that fighter at least, after they failed to develop it for LCA. But it's a long shot and we first might look for a co-development partner. I predict Snecma!

I predict GE 414, Ideally EJ200 with TvC should have been the one.:raise:

Any possibilty of General Electric F414-GE-INS6???

Sir,many of us believe that serpentine intake,flat belly are must for VLO platform.

YF-23 does not have both s-intake& flat belly,it uses radar blocker to suppress reflections from blades.
Can we expect stealthiness of PAK-FA/FGFA to be similar to YF-23.

That's the common believe, to think there is only one way to take on the stealth design, but the YF-23 or Boeings X-32 didn't had most of these features too and how flat is the belly of the F35 really?

f35_belly.jpg

The T50 is shapped with a stealth design, except of the rear engine part, since this will not be the final AL41 engine, nor is this the final FGFA design. The air intakes are shapped and it might get radar blockers, I even see a chance that the engine front will be located higher at the end as well, so yes, the final layout could be comparable and as we know, the YF-23 was superior to the YF-22 in terms of flight performance and stealth, even without fully fledged S-Ducts, a single pice canopy or a flat belly.
Performance wise even now the T50 looks very promissing, but we have to wait and see what the final version will look like.

I predict GE 414, Ideally EJ200 with TvC should have been the one.:raise:

GE could be an option for the early prototypes (depending how long the search for a Kaveri Co-developing partner will be), but as long as the US don't offer co-developments, they have no chance to be a partner on Kaveri. Getting the EJ engine makes no sense, when we licence produce the GE engine anyway and so far they never proposed a co-development for Kaveri engine, neither as part as their MMRCA offer, nor during the LCA engine competition, that's why I remain to see Snecma as the frontrunner. The only point is costs and to reduce it, we hope for a competition.

which Engin will power amca. ?

The partner of GE-414, MTU in its website clearly states that it will be a potent power plant for AMCA.

"The F414 is operational and combat proven
on the U.S. Navy’s Super Hornet. It is also a
potential powerplant for emerging platforms
such as the Korean KF-X and the Indian MCA,
as well as growth versions of the Saab/BAE
Systems JAS39 Gripen, KAI/LMTAS T-50, and
the Indian LCA."

http://www.mtu.de/de/products_services/military_business/programs/f414/F414_ProdBl.pdf

GE could be an option for the early prototypes (depending how long the search for a Kaveri Co-developing partner will be), but as long as the US don't offer co-developments, they have no chance to be a partner on Kaveri. Getting the EJ engine makes no sense, when we licence produce the GE engine anyway and so far they never proposed a co-development for Kaveri engine, neither as part as their MMRCA offer, nor during the LCA engine competition, that's why I remain to see Snecma as the frontrunner. The only point is costs and to reduce it, we hope for a competition.

Sir,
Although not much is known about FGFA deal but if India is shouldering equal cost with Russia, the same powerplant can be used for AMCA as well. Since India will produce its own FGFA and its components, common engines will make a lot of economic sense. Going by the troubled history of Kaveri, in all liklehood, FGFA will have its engine in place sooner which would leave designers in India the job of frame, avionics and radar (again radar can be shared with FGFA). Now as a backup plan if negotiators can convince France, Rafale's M88 engine and its AESA radar can also be one of the options.
I just have a gut feeling, designers have some kind of plan B for AMCA or their optimism atleast suggest so.

Look at the size of the air-intakes, dont you think they are a bit smaller (like Jaguar's) compared to other similar designs? Wouldnt this limit the aircrafts ceiling? Or is the aircraft designed primarily for a ground attack role (as a replacement for the MiG-27s and Jaguars - the original intended purpose for AMCA)?

PAK-FA, AMCA, FGFA hmm three different 5th gen fighter aircraft India will get.
In 2030 after 17 years when i'll be 34 years old we will have
100+ PAK-FA
100+ FGFA
100+ AMCA
200+ LCA
189+ RAFALE
100+ Naval LCA+MIG-29 :D

Back
Top Bottom