What's new

Acts of Terrorism in pakistan I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I moved on a lot time back.

Your opinion on the veracity of my posts is immaterial.

Let facts speak for itself!

Dabong:

Whose Sharia? Do all the Sunnis agree on every single Hadith? Do all the Shia agree on the Hadith? Do the Sunnis agree with the Shia hadith and vice versa? Whose Sharia are you going to implement? You dismiss the Saudi and Afghani experiments with Sharia as "not true Sharia", but to the people who designed and implemented those systems, it was "true Sharia". So I ask once again; Whose Sharia will this be?

The renowned al-Azhar Theological school in Egypt, one of the main centers of Sunni scholarship in the world had a ten year long exchange with a Shia scholar. After a long period of discussions, they announced the following on July 6, 1959:

"The Shi'a is a school of thought that is religiously correct to follow in worship as are other Sunni schools of thought."
Today, both Shi'a and Sunni students graduate and study at the Al-Azhar university.

This statement have been received with a variety of responses, the most hostile being from the Salafis.

The Taliban's brand of Islam is a mixture of Saudi Wahhabism, Bharati deobandism with some elements of Pashtun culture. But don't make the mistake of thinking the origins are not Saudi Wahhabism at its core (from the Soviet era in Afghanistan). It is most definitely not a Pashtun tradition to grow a beard either, as was stated incorrectly above.

I totally agree with your point,the only thing you have got wrong is that the afghans did not have beards.
Are you talking about the city people or the tribesman,if it the tribesman then i can assure you that they have been growing beards for centuries,not just for islamic reasons but more cultural.

I moved on a lot time back.

Your opinion on the veracity of my posts is immaterial.

Let facts speak for itself!

Do you agree that the taliban is a mixture of deobandism and Wahhabism?

Yvonne Ridley: From captive to convert

If you were being interrogated by the Taleban as a suspected US spy, it might be hard to imagine a happy ending.
But for journalist Yvonne Ridley, the ordeal in Afghanistan led her to convert to a religion she says is "the biggest and best family in the world".

The formerly hard-drinking Sunday school teacher became a Muslim after reading the Koran on her release.

She now describes radical cleric Abu Hamza al-Masri as "quite sweet really" and says the Taleban have suffered an unfair press.

Working as a reporter for the Sunday Express in September 2001, Ridley was smuggled from Pakistan across the Afghan border.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/3673730.stm

Return of the taliban (sky news)

Meeting The Taleban (C4)

Taleban Massacre - the Convoy of Death

A few unbaised reports about the taliban.

Last edited by a moderator:
does the meaning of unbaised reporting mean being not critical or judgemental of the subject in question

Do you agree, the basis of your view point DaBong is to be protective, defensive against the ugly crusaders in west?

All your points supporting talibs harp protectionism against west's 'plot' to exploit poor muslims.

I am not informed enough to debate with you on all that though. But, this is a rather personal question I want to ask you -

Do you think an idealogy obsessed only with saving ur a$s can take you to glory?
Do you have an idea of what you would want to do, say if you are thrown to the moon with all ppl you want and no Westerly powers to haunt you?

In other words, do you see the fundamental difference between the two things here?

The renowned al-Azhar Theological school in Egypt, one of the main centers of Sunni scholarship in the world had a ten year long exchange with a Shia scholar. After a long period of discussions, they announced the following on July 6, 1959:

"The Shi'a is a school of thought that is religiously correct to follow in worship as are other Sunni schools of thought."
Today, both Shi'a and Sunni students graduate and study at the Al-Azhar university.

This statement have been received with a variety of responses, the most hostile being from the Salafis.

It would be nice to see such examples of acceptance and co-existence amongst the rest of the Muslim world and indeed amongst all faiths. But the post raises several issues that, in my mind, present an argument against the creation of a Sharia state in Pakistan, at his time. If you read the joint statement, all it says is that the Scholars of the Al Azhar school have accepted the Shia school of thought as a legitimate sect of Islam. Woop-di -doo-da. If it takes ten years of "exchange" for such a renowned (and moderate by some accounts) Sunni theological school to merely accept the Shia, that does not bode well for the rest of the Muslim world coming to a spiritual place of "acceptance" for sects other than their own, let alone a position from which they can move forward on creating a unified, mutually acceptable "Islamic Constitution".

Quite honestly, this is where the Mullahs should be expending their energies; creating goodwill, and acceptance between the different sects and trying to find some common ground with the majority of them. Only then, when you have a mutually acceptable outline of what a "Sharia State" would look like, should the discussion about implementing those "mutually acceptable" policies be undertaken.

By the way, you also have to take into account the more contemporary Muslim sects such as the Submitters who only believe in following the Quran as a source of guidance, believing the Hadith to be flawed and contaminated by those who transmitted them. This would imply that to some Muslims a sharia state would have to take no guidance from the Hadith. That will be an extremely hard sell to some schools of thought.

I totally agree with your point,the only thing you have got wrong is that the afghans did not have beards.
Are you talking about the city people or the tribesman,if it the tribesman then i can assure you that they have been growing beards for centuries,not just for islamic reasons but more cultural.

It isn't a tradition of Afghans to grow beards. Or it is at least as much a tradition of Afghans to be shaven as it is to grow beards. Many were shaven before the Soviet invasion, many were not. No tradition, just personal choice.

Yvonne Ridley: From captive to convert

If you were being interrogated by the Taleban as a suspected US spy, it might be hard to imagine a happy ending.
But for journalist Yvonne Ridley, the ordeal in Afghanistan led her to convert to a religion she says is "the biggest and best family in the world".

The formerly hard-drinking Sunday school teacher became a Muslim after reading the Koran on her release.

She now describes radical cleric Abu Hamza al-Masri as "quite sweet really" and says the Taleban have suffered an unfair press.

Working as a reporter for the Sunday Express in September 2001, Ridley was smuggled from Pakistan across the Afghan border.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/3673730.stm

Not sure of the point of this. Were the Taliban given negative propaganda? Most definitely. Were they all bad, certainly not. Were they backward and uneducated, most definitely. Did they have good points, most definitely. Did they bring peace, most definitely. Were they right or wrong to impose Shariah where the whole country had be veiled or sport a beard?...........most defintely wrong I'd say.

What were they good in other than they bought 'peace'?

Bringing peace to a war ravaged country is in fact a major thing. If you have Ahmad Shah Masood in Kabul massacring people, then another warlord in Kunduz massacring another load of people with no laws, then there's impunity. It was at least something that the Taliban brought some sense of normality to Afghanistan, even if by any other country's standards, it was a repressive normaility. It seems as though the Wahhabists had a big influence after the Taliban had gained power, and it could be seen in their backward "edicts".

Peace, security and laws to a country lacking all three is a step forward, being as backward as they were was half a step back, but still half a step forward.

Not sure of the point of this. Were the Taliban given negative propaganda? Most definitely. Were they all bad, certainly not. Were they backward and uneducated, most definitely. Did they have good points, most definitely. Did they bring peace, most definitely. Were they right or wrong to impose Shariah where the whole country had be veiled or sport a beard?...........most defintely wrong I'd say.

Bro i again totally agree with what you have to say.....my point of posting the video was to show that the taliban had a lot of bad press.
The caravan of death documentary in which taliban prisoners infront of the americans where put in shipping containers and left to die in the thousand,but i only ever hear about the woman in the stadium getting executed or the bamiyan statues getting destroyed.
Both the above are nothing compared to the cold bloodied murder of thousands of POW by the american/NA military.
Just for one moment think if it had been the other way round and the taliban had put the americans and the northern alliance into those shipping containers,we would never hear the end off it.
PS..... the taliban leadership where all educated people

does the meaning of unbaised reporting mean being not critical or judgemental of the subject in question

No.......i am stretching the "unbaised reporting" as two of the videos are from the western media oulets,so they will always have a anti islamic tilt on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom