What's new

Abolish RAB, halt BDR mutiny trial: HRW

i dont see you guys demanding trails of zia and co horts who killed so many army officers, kinda ironic isnt it

You mean the incident involving Colonel Taher?

Well, what happened was that he created an army within an army. And that created all kinds of problems. The one-legged colonel was a die-hard Communist.

Do you really think that any man in charge would tolerate that kind of insubordination? And that in a volatile nation? It is true, many, many soldiers died during that time.

What Zia did was the right thing to do.

But this....the BDR mutiny is a different matter.

You mean the incident involving Colonel Taher?

Well, what happened was that he created an army within an army. And that created all kinds of problems. The one-legged colonel was a die-hard Communist.

Do you really think that any man in charge would tolerate that kind of insubordination? And that in a volatile nation? It is true, many, many soldiers died during that time.

What Zia did was the right thing to do.

But this....the BDR mutiny is a different matter.

insubordination doesnt give you the right to kill does it? its no different he killed of mutineers, even without a chance for trial

insubordination doesnt give you the right to kill does it? its no different he killed of mutineers, even without a chance for trial

Depends.

With the severity of Col. Taher's offenses, he would ultimately have been executed.

Now imagine that there is another army within the US Armed Forces seeking to overthrow their government, do you think the president would just sit back and do nothing?

After all, Bangladesh was at the very beginning of its existence.

Depends.

With the severity of Col. Taher's offenses, he would ultimately have been executed.

Now imagine that there is another army within the US Armed Forces seeking to overthrow their government, do you think the president would just sit back and do nothing?

After all, Bangladesh was at the very beginning of its existence.

the bdr boys did the same, infact their action was far more severe, the president should do rule with justice he didnt even give them a chance for a trail, begining or end doesn't matter justice was denied thats the bottom line dont forget the douche also rehabilitated ghulam azam n co

the army to go in asap and create even more damage, it was in the middle of a residential cum commercial area collateral damage would have been even higher

i dont see you guys demanding trails of zia and co horts who killed so many army officers, kinda ironic isnt it

I know where that area is, I grew up in Dhaka not far from Pilkhana. It was not a problem to go in there at all without delay. What I find funny is that why a mixed Pakistani-Bangladeshi person is defending Hasina and Moeen's action, which is universally condemned by any sane Bangladeshi and even Pakistani.

Zia is already dead, so how can you have trial for a dead person? Personally I did not support Zia's killing sprees, but I don't know if the mutineers were summarily executed, faced court-martial before getting death penalty in a military court or what actually happened, so cannot comment on them. But the punishment for mutinee is death in most countries in the world. The question is whether proper military judicial process was followed or not. If proper due process was not followed I would not support those actions, whether it was by Zia or any other.

hogwash trial. The main master planners are all free and making lots of money:mod:

hogwash trial. The main master planners are all free and making lots of money:mod:

Who are the main master planners and what was their motive for the BDR mutiny and massacre of officers?

What the HRW report does not reveal is that many BDR soldiers were probably killed to hide the involvement of certain political masterminds behind the mutiny and massacre.

HRW report does not do that outright but at least helps in establishing the fact that Awami regime is killing key witness before the trial so Awami League can hide their involvement.
On your post from facebook, I and everyone has sympathy for officers family and we are outraged but killing key witness before finding culprits and most importantly conspirators would not bring any justice or satisfaction. Awami League and its fanboyz are obviously using this cry from victim family to justify these BDR killings.

Why Awami League did not let army conduct its own independent inquiry and why civil inquiry report was not published speaks volume about Awami League and most importantly Sheikh Hasina and her family involvements in Peelkhana massacre. I know at least couple of these victim family and they know these facts.

Now Awami League regime is using national institutions to deceive on its criminal track. From ministries to BDR all have been used by Awami league regime to unleash sheer propaganda blitz which virtually has no takers but Awami echo chambers. Awami nervousness after the HRW report published, goes to show Awami league is thickly involved in Peelkhana massacre and out deceive people of their crime against humanity.

These evidences on crime against humanity by Awami League should be enough to file case against its leaders in international court.

সরকারকে হিউম্যান রাইটস ওয়াচ

পারলে নির্যাতনের যেকোনো একটি অভিযোগ খন্ডন করুন

বার্তা২৪ : বিডিআর বিদ্রোহ ও হত্যার বিচার প্রক্রিয়ায় ‘পক্ষপাত' ও সন্দেহভাজনদের ওপর ‘প্রচন্ড নির্যাতন'-এর উল্লেখ করে বুধবার প্রকাশিত নিজেদের গবেষণা প্রতিবেদনের যে কোনো একটি অভিযোগকে খন্ডন করতে সরকার ও র*্যাবের (র*্যাপিড অ্যাকশন ব্যাটালিয়ন) প্রতি আহবান জানিয়েছে আন্তর্জাতিক মানবাধিকার সংস্থা হিউম্যান রাইটস ওয়াচ (এইচআরডব্লিউ)।

বার্তা২৪'র সঙ্গে সাক্ষাৎকারে সংস্থাটির ঢাকা সফররত কর্মকর্তা ব্রাড অ্যাডামস বুধবার রাতে বললেন, ‘বিডিআর বিদ্রোহে সন্দেহভাজনদের যে র*্যাবের হেফাজতে প্রচন্ড নির্যাতন হয়েছে সে বিষয়ে অনেক নির্যাতিত ব্যক্তির আলাদা আলাদা তথ্য-প্রমাণভিত্তিক দৃষ্টান্ত দেয়া আছে আমাদের গবেষণা প্রতিবেদনে। আমরা তাদের প্রতি আহবান জানাবো, পারলে এর যেকোনো একটা খন্ডন বা অপ্রমাণ করে দেখান।

এর আগে বুধবার সকালে ঢাকায় ‘ভয় আমাকে ছাড়ে না': ২০০৯'র বিডিআর বিদ্রোহের পর হেফাজতে মৃত্যু, নির্যাতন ও পক্ষপাতদুষ্ট বিচার' শীর্ষক প্রতিবেদনটি আনুষ্ঠানিকভাবে এইচআরডব্লিউ প্রকাশ করলে বিকেলে নিজেদের সদর দফতরে এক ব্রিফিংয়ে র*্যাব মুখপাত্র কমান্ডার এম সোহায়েল একে ‘মনগড়া' ও ‘সম্পূর্ণ অসত্য', ‘বানোয়াট' আখ্যা করেন। র*্যাব মুখপাত্র বলেন, ‘দেশের ভাবমূর্তি ক্ষুণ্ণ করতে এবং অপরাধী ও জঙ্গিবাদ উৎসাহিত করতে দেশের কিছু মানবাধিকার সংগঠনের সহায়তায় হিউম্যান রাইটস ওয়াচ এ ধরনের উদ্দেশ্যমূলক প্রতিবেদন প্রকাশ করেছে।' তিনি বলেন, এসব মামলায় আটকরা কখনোই র*্যাবের হেফাজতে ছিল না।

সাক্ষাৎকারে এইচআরডব্লিউ'র এশিয়া বিভাগের পরিচালক ব্রাড অ্যাডামস বললেন, ‘গতানুগতিক ঢালাওভাবে এ প্রতিবেদন অস্বীকার করলে তো হবে না, প্রতিবেদনের সাক্ষ্য-প্রমাণ খন্ডন করে কর্তৃপক্ষকেই নিজেদের প্রমাণ করতে হবে যে তারা নির্যাতনে জড়িত নয়।'

তিনি প্রশ্ন করেন, ‘সন্দেহভাজন আটককৃতদের যে র*্যাব হেফাজতে নির্যাতন করা হয়েছিল সেরকম অনেকের ও তাদের পরিবারের সদস্য-স্বজনদের কথা তো বিস্তারিত দেয়া আছে গবেষণা প্রতিবেদনে।

আপনারা সাংবাদিকরা র*্যাবকে ওসব পৃথক ও সুর্নিদিষ্ট কেস-স্টাডির ব্যাপারে প্রশ্ন করেননি?'

ব্রাড অ্যাডামস বলেন, ‘এত বড় একটা হত্যাকান্ড ও বিদ্রোহ, এতে নিহত ও ক্ষতিগ্রস্তদের ন্যায়বিচার দিতে হলে বিচার প্রক্রিয়া পক্ষপাতমুক্ত করতে হবে। আমরা প্রতিবেদনে দেখিয়েছি যে, যেভাবে গণহারে বিচার করা হচ্ছে তা ন্যায় ও নিরপেক্ষ বিচারের মানদন্ডে পড়ে না। এতে কোনো পক্ষকেই ন্যায়বিচার দেয়া যাবে না, বিদ্রোহ ও হত্যার প্রকৃত কারণ খুঁজে পাওয়া যাবে না।'

তিনি বলেন, ‘ঢাকায় আমেরিকা যুক্তরাষ্ট্রের সাবেক রাষ্ট্রদূত জেমস এফ মরিয়ার্টি এবং আমেরিকা যুক্তরাষ্ট্রের ঢাকাস্থ দূতাবাস আমাকে বলেছে, জঙ্গিবাদ ও সন্ত্রাসবাদ বিরোধী লড়াইয়ে র*্যাব কখনোই কার্যকর সংস্থা ছিল না।'

তিনি জানান, ‘আমেরিকা যুক্তরাষ্ট্রের কর্তৃপক্ষ আমাদের বলেছেন তারা র*্যাবকে কোনো ধরনের কারিগরি, কৌশলগত বা প্রশিক্ষণমূলক সহায়তা দিচ্ছেন না। বরং র*্যাব যাতে নিজেদের সদস্য কর্তৃক নির্যাতন ও আইনের অপব্যবহারের অভিযোগ তদন্ত করতে পারে সেজন্য একটি অভ্যন্তরীণ জবাবদিহিতা ও মানবাধিকার সুরক্ষার শাখা খুলতে তারা সাহায্য করছে। তাছাড়া বৃটিশ কর্তৃপক্ষ আমাদের জানিয়েছেন, মানবাধিকার লঙ্ঘনের দীর্ঘ ও অবিরাম রেকর্ডের কারণে তারা আর এই বাহিনীটিকে প্রশিক্ষণ সহায়তা দিচ্ছে না।'

তার মতে, ‘পুলিশের মধ্যে হলেও কার্যত সামরিক বা অন্তত আধাসামরিক বাহিনী হিসেবে প্রতিষ্ঠিত র*্যাব শুরু থেকেই বাংলাদেশীদের হত্যা করে আসছে। মানবাধিকার লঙ্ঘনের বিষয়টি এখন এই বাহিনীতে একটি সংস্কৃতিতে পরিণত হয়েছে। কাজেই প্রতিষ্ঠান হিসেবে একে সংস্কার করার আর কোনো উপায় নেই। একে বিলুপ্ত করতে হবে।'

বিদ্রোহ ও হত্যার বিচার এবং সন্দেহভাজন বিডিআর সদস্যদের ওপর নির্যাতন তদন্তে জাতীয় মানবাধিকার কমিশনের বদলে পৃথক তদন্ত সংস্থা গঠনের সুপারিশ প্রসঙ্গে তিনি বলেন, ‘বাংলাদেশের জাতীয় মানবাধিকার কমিশনের এ ধরনের সামর্থ্য ও সক্ষমতা নেই যে তারা এত বড় একটা সহিংস বিদ্রোহ ও হত্যার এবং এত ব্যাপক নির্যাতনের তদন্তের কাজ করতে পারে।'

মানবাধিকার সংস্থাটির নিজস্ব গবেষক দলের করা ৫৭ পৃষ্ঠার প্রতিবেদনটিতে বিদ্রোহের একটি বিস্তারিত বর্ণনাসহ সন্দেহভাজন বিদ্রোহীদের ওপর সরকারি বাহিনীর নির্যাতনের ঘটনাগুলো প্রামাণ্য আকারে তুলে ধরা হয়েছে। নির্যাতিত ও নিহতদের পরিবার সদস্য, দুই পক্ষের আইনজীবী ও সাংবাদিকসহ মোট ৬৫ জনের সাক্ষাৎকার নেয়া হয়েছে। নির্যাতিতদের ‘হাতের ও পায়ের পাতায় মারা', ‘বৈদ্যুতিক শক দেয়া' ও ‘সিলিং থেকে উল্টো করে ঝুলিয়ে রাখা'সহ নানা ধরনের নির্যাতনের বর্ণনা দেয়া হয়েছে এতে। যাতে কমপক্ষে ৪৭ জন মারা গেছেন।

বিশেষ ‘সামরিক ট্রাইব্যুনাল'-এ এই বিদ্রোহ ও হত্যার বিচারকে ‘পক্ষপাতদুষ্ট গণবিচার' হিসেবে দেখিয়ে প্রতিবেদনে বলা হয়েছে, ‘কুখ্যাত র*্যাপিড অ্যাকশন ব্যাটালিয়ন (র*্যাব) এই নির্যাতনগুলোর অনেকগুলোর সঙ্গে সংশ্লিষ্ট বলে অভিযোগ পাওয়া গেছে।' অবিলম্বে এই বিচার প্রক্রিয়া স্থগিত ও পক্ষপাতমুক্ত বিচার করার দাবি করেছে এইচআরডব্লিউ।

প্রসঙ্গত, ২০০৯ সালের ২৫ ও ২৬ ফেব্রুয়ারি পিলখানায় বিডিআর বিদ্রোহের ঘটনায় ৫৭ সেনা কর্মকর্তাসহ ৭৩ জন নিহত হন। বাহিনীটির সারা দেশে স্থাপিত বিশেষ আদালতগুলো ওই বিদ্রোহ ও হত্যার পৃথক পৃথক মামলায় কয়েক হাজার বিডিআর সদস্যকে দোষী সাব্যস্ত করেছে।

????? ?????????? ?????? ???? ?????? ????? ???? | The Daily Sangram

It seems like RAB's utility is getting over as its conceivers, trainers are washing their hands off of their complicities in RAB'S crime. But it would be welcoming if it gets abolished though.

I know where that area is, I grew up in Dhaka not far from Pilkhana. It was not a problem to go in there at all without delay. What I find funny is that why a mixed Pakistani-Bangladeshi person is defending Hasina and Moeen's action, which is universally condemned by any sane Bangladeshi and even Pakistani.

Zia is already dead, so how can you have trial for a dead person? Personally I did not support Zia's killing sprees, but I don't know if the mutineers were summarily executed, faced court-martial before getting death penalty in a military court or what actually happened, so cannot comment on them. But the punishment for mutinee is death in most countries in the world. The question is whether proper military judicial process was followed or not. If proper due process was not followed I would not support those actions, whether it was by Zia or any other.

Personally I did not support Zia's killing sprees, but I don't know if the mutineers were summarily executed, faced court-martial before getting death penalty in a military court or what actually happened, so cannot comment on them. But the punishment for mutinee is death in most countries in the world. The question is whether proper military judicial process was followed or not. If proper due process was not followed I would not support those actions, whether it was by Zia or any other..
Like Tariq's billions in Malaysian bank and Saddam's egging on Nuke etc., you would also find out that Zia's killings of BD’s army officers are lies as well. Commie leaning army officers had tried 41 coups altogether against him, for which they were court-martialed and sent in gallows. At most, you could call them speedy trials but no way comparable to what JI's leaders were facing lately. Those commies were found thorough guiltiest and punishments were meted after the admission of their involvement in coup to kill Zia.

Just because Zia was an army officer and knew commie's scheming well, he had managed to turn the page but Khaleda failed and revengeful commies handicapped Tariq, threw her from Cant's Res and continued eternal harassing scheme. Ironically though, those commies were also in RAW's intelligent layers that was divulged by Masud Majumder in Nayadiganta. So, you know now where from the strings against BNP+JI walas are getting pulled, thanks.

Rights group urges Bangladesh to stop ‘unfair trials’ of border guards in 2009 mutiny

By Associated Press, Published: July 4

DHAKA, Bangladesh — An international rights group said Wednesday it has found serious human rights abuses in the mass trials of Bangladesh paramilitary border guards accused of participating in a 2009 mutiny, including the deaths of at least 47 suspects from maltreatment in detention.

Human Rights Watch said in a report that the violations included widespread beatings and electric shocks. About 3,000 border guards are currently on trial in the mutiny, in which 74 people including 57 military commanders died.

The New York-based group’s Asia director, Brad Adams, called the trial process “fundamentally flawed” and said suspects have been interrogated in secret locations by security agencies.

“The government must close all unofficial and secret places of detention,” he said.

Home Minister Shahara Khatun has denied all allegations of human rights violations during the trials.

M. Sohail, spokesman for the elite anti-crime Rapid Action Battalion, rejected the accusations and called the report baseless.

“This is not acceptable. They are biased,” Sohail said. “Through this report, it (Human Rights Watch) has unveiled its notorious face.”

The Feb. 25-26, 2009, mutiny occurred two months after Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina took office. The influential military was unhappy over the response of the government, which did not allow troops to attack the border guards’ headquarters in Dhaka where military commanders were killed.

Hasina initially offered an amnesty to the mutineers to quell the revolt but later withdrew the offer when dozens of bodies were found in sewers and in mass graves.

Rights group urges Bangladesh to stop ‘unfair trials’ of border guards in 2009 mutiny - The Washington Post

not defending anyone here, you have to look at it from a local pow, i just find it funny when bnp protests such trials when their origins come from such events, and during zias rule a lot of my family members had to leave the country

Back
Top Bottom