What's new

A question to all Indian members regarding Indo-Pak water teaty

It takes a strong PM to take bold steps for the sake of common people.

We can end the treaty and we should but we have manmohans singh a pro pak PM.

@Armstrong He wants to stop your water, come over and gobble him up whole. I am sure you won't mind gnawing on his femur, no?

My my, rather misinformed and wholly ill-equipped to address the issue at hand aren't we?

Here's the thing, Pakistan has issues with Kishanganga and Baglihar but their objection does not mean that we're planning to stop the flow of water. You asked a question and you got your answer. Now I have a question for you, give me the base flow values for Neelum in any given year and I'll agree with you- fail to answer the question and it will become a bit difficult for you to post afterwards.

Dear Sire ... All along in my debate i never brought the case of upper riparian rivers. All along i was talking about rivers in Punjab (Known as Indian rivers by the treaty) I provided the two links in reply to Joe where he asked for any projects that have been stalled because of Pakistan objections. Also channeling water from Kashmir rivers is technically impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:
And on the ground of humanity i am saying that we must stop this treaty and channel some water to other areas where there is scarcity o water. Indians are human as well.

I never suggested to stop water to Pakistan. 80% of Indian waters flow into Pakistan and then wasted into the sea.

We cant do anything. We cant dictate monsoons. Even water harvesting is too little too late.

I have already pointed out that there is no wasted water flow into the ARABIAN SEA. It is useful to check your facts before making a post.

I'll just bribe @Joe Shearer with some Kastoori Kebab with melted butter on them, a freshly baked Kalvonji (Black Cumin seeds) Naan & a glass of ice chilled Mint Margaretta, to fight for my behalf as a responsible citizen of India who loves his young protege (I) across the border ! :kiss3:

Y U NO BRIBE ME!!

y-u-no-guy.jpg

BESIDES JOE DOESN'T NEED BRIBING!

Pakistan also has water shortage! We use that water and it is also necessary to drain some of that into the sea or the sea incursion occurs!

Only a numskull would need to have it explained that efficient water usage doesn't mean completely diverting all the waters of a river system, and leaving a dry river bed.

Wait a minute....perhaps this explanation is necessary after all.

You need to bone up on your facts. If the other side were not so openly contemptuous of this idea, they would have been busy pointing out that there is already a shortage of water on their side. While it is not due to any diversion of water on our part, it is grossly incorrect to say that water flows unused into the sea in Pakistan.

I am least bothered about what it is used for other side or it uselessly flow into the sea. All along I am talking on one simple thing. Why cant SOME of this water could be channelled to drought affected states of India even if it takes to break the treaty.

Dear Sire ... All along in my debate i never brought the case of upper riparian rivers. All along i was talking about rivers in Punjab (Known as Indian rivers by the treaty) I provided the two links in reply to Joe where he asked for any projects that have been stalled because of Pakistan objections. Also channeling water from Kashmir rivers is technically impossible.

Neither project is stalled.

Baglihar was awarded in our favor and was thus not stalled, keep yourself updated for the lord's sake if you must type in such posts. Kishanganga was a partial award where we told that draw down flushing would not be allowed and there would be a tribunal assigned limit to the diversion- so still not stalled in the sense that you seem to be getting bellicose about.

Now do grace us with the answer to my question.

I am least bothered about what it is used for other side or it uselessly flow into the sea. All along I am talking on one simple thing. Why cant SOME of this water could be channelled to drought affected states of India even if it takes to break the treaty.

Because treaties are not broken by responsible nations.

Baglihar was awarded in our favor and was thus not stalled, keep yourself updated for the lord's sake if you must type in such posts. Kishanganga was a partial award where we told that draw down flushing would not be allowed and there would be a tribunal assigned limit to the diversion- so still not stalled in the sense that you seem to be getting bellicose about.

Now do grace us with the answer to my question.

Thanks.

I could not summon the patience to tell the dope the detailed facts.

Pakistan also has water shortage! We use that water and it is also necessary to drain some of that into the sea or the sea incursion occurs!

Even kolkata is suffering from incursion of saline water in in its aquifers due to extensive damming and consequent reduction in flow on Ganga-hugli system.

Some of the dams India constructing on the rivers which come under Indus water treaty are purely for electricity generation India cannot stop water from entering into Pakistan.

It is better to rely on our resources to tackle our own problems rather than on relying on others resources.

@Lipizzaner_Stallion did you just call me "sire/sir"? Dude, I'm a mere 21 years old! You might as well call Armstrong a young virulent man, if its opposite day for you that is. :omghaha:

Back
Top Bottom