What's new

a modest proposal from the Soviets...duly rejected by Indian Babudom

We need to examine why it failed. I think it could have been effective but we need to truly understand why it did not work out? Our first step after independence should have been education. This was suggested to Nehru by a MP....I forgot his name....I read about him on this site. He emphasized the need for primary education and guess what Nehru did ignored him. This is why I got so upset when i read bout the govt they never amaze me, coz they are yrs behind in formulating policy that our own capable ppl who are not in politics have done so yrs if not decades ago. I mean if there was ever a priority education and food should have been a priority right after independence.

u mean sardar vallabhai patel??? education is increasing day by day..literacy in 2011 is 74% but thats just literacy..in older generations education rate was low..but as the generations passed the educated ppl are increasing

The salary of Class-1 gazetted officer was close to Rs.1500 in 1990.

Rs.10000 + other facilities was way too high.

u mean sardar vallabhai patel??? education is increasing day by day..literacy in 2011 is 74% but thats just literacy..in older generations education rate was low..but as the generations passed the educated ppl are increasing

No another official. He is not famous but his advice was amazingly sincere and honest.

In 90's lol we could not have afforded **** back then firget about employing soviet scientist's who were given a good pay grade

Then whoom do you compare yourself with South Africa which got freedom in 1990ies,Japan or Germany after second world war,Brazil or South Korea....

country / independent for / gdp / ppp(rank)

india / 66yrs / $ 1.798 trill / 4.42 trl(5)

japan / N/A / $5.773 trill / 4.44trl(4)

brazil / 187 yrs / $2.45 trill / 2.29(8)

south africa / 20yrs / $402 bill ./555tr(26)

south korea / 65 / $1.1 trill / 1.55(13)

check for urself.......
i never said that we did great..i only meant we did not do that bad inspite of all those difficulties athome...besides..germany and japan were super powers before wwii..post war obviously those economies reduce...

check for urself.......
i never said that we did great..i only meant we did not do that bad inspite of all those difficulties athome...besides..germany and japan were super powers before wwii..post war obviously those economies reduce...

But there are flaws to this arguement. You are not taking into account population compared to the other countries, thus we have more issues

check for urself.......
How convincing....Now let see the other side of the story to....
India:-------------------$3,663: 130
Japan:----------------$34,748: 25
Brazil:-----------------$11,769: 76
S.Africa:--------------$10,970: 80
S.Korea:--------------$31,220: 27
Germany:------------$38,077: 17
Taiwan:---------------$37,716: 20
Israel:-----------------$31,467: 26

Only good thing useless Vajpayee did was to conduct Nuke test.
are u out of ur mind ????? all the sarkari infrastructure initiatives were taken in recent times were taken by him. one of the most imp of them all is the pradhan mantri sadak yojna.....

Ahh Indian leaders have always been shortsighted when it comes to science and engineering. They never understand the importance of these innovators. We don't need enemies. We hurt ourself.

Its sad that india's 'indigenous' mantra is not always good.
It takes much more time to train 'indigenous' engineers than to hire people with better expertise from abroad and learn from them..
Or buy components from abroad and copy/improve them.

Its sad that many soviet skilled work force coulnt fing relevant jobs after break up of USSR,and that skill is now lost for the most part.

I myself worked with a soviet hover craft engineer,and he was just a diesel mechanic,repairing diesel engines.

How convincing....Now let see the other side of the story to....
India:-------------------$3,663: 130
Japan:----------------$34,748: 25
Brazil:-----------------$11,769: 76
S.Africa:--------------$10,970: 80
S.Korea:--------------$31,220: 27
Germany:------------$38,077: 17
Taiwan:---------------$37,716: 20
Israel:-----------------$31,467: 26

if you compare percapita u must also compare inflation...a bread packet may be 10$ in america which is about 540 rupees here..which means u can buy 54 bread packets here...which is why they deviced something called gdp(ppp) which is corrected gdp..and india stands 5th in the world...got me???and if u belive that inspite all population problems,with all the diversity we have ,with the problems we face with the neighbours that india is not doing well..thats ur opinion..

But there are flaws to this arguement. You are not taking into account population compared to the other countries, thus we have more issues

exactly....hes comparing all those countries with ours...we represent 17% of human race and with all those casts,religions,language differences....and yet we are moving at a considerably good pace...compared to them..so whos doing better??and we have just started our journey...we'll catch up soon with other powers

Though we cannot ignore the shortsightedness of our babus,yet we must take into account that national decisions are taken in consultations with IAS officers,economists,lawyers and policy makers who comprises some of the best brains of the country.Here the author wants to say that he can understand this simple thing but our babus cannot,but he is certainly not the only smart a$$ of the country.Maybe,some financial or other problems were there which he was not aware of.Maybe the salary structure was not so simple as he states.there could have been some genuine problems regarding this....it is not right to blame our babus for anything and everything

what a huge opportunity missed. caught in red tape and apathy we mssed a great opportunity. this country is lucky it is still running amidst all this bullcrap

We have thousands of soviet union scientists in china, they really contribute a lots to China development.

Back
Top Bottom