What's new

A little help please!

My uncle is a Brig. in Sindh, Hyderabad. I don't remember his unit but he's commanding infantry and was recently promoted. My cousin's completing PMA as IC 46, he's an electrical engineer (selected as an army cadet) so as of yet he's not had a posting. I have loads of firends in there though.

I've done my bacholars from the best place to study Psych in Lahore, the oldest institution in Pakistan nearly 80% of Psychs in the different arms of the military are my alma matter that's why they came to my uni for recruitment :)

having miliatry background adds in positive points while applying for it there...they prefer such ppl ...

GC? :P purani tu yae hy :azn: its such an old inst i heard,i bet even da first man on earth had studied there or had atleast gave it a visit haha jk:blink:

well,that is it.. :P

haha yeh @jaibi shud have instead made the subject of da thread as Since my Fiance wants me to join PAF so although i have no choice to think of joining anything else but still SHUD I JOIN IT?:omghaha::rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
having miliatry background adds in positive points while applying for it there...they prefer such ppl ...

GC? :P purani tu yae hy :azn: its such an old inst i heard,i bet even da first man on earth had studied there or had atleast gave it a visit haha jk:blink:

Hahaha yes, yes, they would like to think so though FC was also founded in the same year 1864. Yet truly the best department in terms of research in my subject is GCU, it recently got the first rank in HEC. QAU is no. 1 though in all Pakistan and Karachi Uni is best for clinical psychology.

@p(-)0ENiX

please help him!

Sorry, but I don't really know which military arm would be best for a psychologist. Some of the other members here have given good advice though. The best advice I can give at this point is to evaluate every option thoroughly before choosing among the Air Force, Navy, or Pakistan Army. Discussions with psychologists already serving these branches regarding benefits & future prospects are a must as well.

haha yeh @jaibi shud have instead made the subject of da thread as Since my Fiance wants me to join PAF so although i have no choice to think of joining anything else but still SHUD I JOIN IT?:omghaha::rofl:

Hahaha! Despite my Cheif of Personal Life Staff directing me it's best to research and there's a remote possibility that PAF seats do not come so I want to be prepared for that possibility.

Tou yara why don't you try you can be selected in SSG or Marines.

Sab se bari authority! Hahaha!
I was obsessed with Pakistan Army armoured corps a few months back!

Hahaha! Despite my Cheif of Personal Life Staff directing me it's best to research and there's a remote possibility that PAF seats do not come so I want to be prepared for that possibility.

why do say that? are they already booked? dunthink so each n every seat is already decided...they do give civilians some space ...

Sorry, but I don't really know which military arm would be best for a psychologist. Some of the other members here have given good advice though. The best advice I can give at this point to evaluate every option thoroughly before choosing among the Air Force, Navy, or Pakistan Army. Discussions with psychologists already serving these branches regarding benefits & future prospects are a must as well.

Thank you for replying p(-)0ENiX I have talked to the service men and my choice has boiled down to PAF and PN.

why do say that? are they already booked? dunthink so each n every seat is already decided...they do give civilians some space ...

Na, na, Marsha, the induction is as an officer you get the uniform and rank you're a proper officer then in the education branch but these seats are Short Service Comission and are subjected to the need of the specific officers needed. If they do not want the particular officer then the seats do not appear.

@jaibi Pak army would be best if you want to join as a phycologist... Although the job description wont be much diffrent then in other forces..
And you can switch forces when you have joined

I was obsessed with Pakistan Army armoured corps a few months back!

Weyse if you want yar then the SSG and Marine induction in the Navy is a huge oppertunity, they ask for 20-26 years guy and you can be a pilot, navigator, commando, and so on. It's better than going for LC and nonGDP

@jaibi Pak army would be best if you want to join as a phycologist... Although the job description wont be much diffrent then in other forces..
And you can switch forces when you have joined

Na Alpha, cannot switch forces. The force you are in, you stay there until retirement.

Thank you for replying p(-)0ENiX I have talked to the service men and my choice has boiled down to PAF and PN.

Na, na, Marsha, the induction is as an officer you get the uniform and rank you're a proper officer then in the education branch but these seats are Short Service Comission and are subjected to the need of the specific officers needed. If they do not want the particular officer then the seats do not appear.

then u shud keep more than one options in hand...if the seats are so limited n available only in special cases.....btw how many seats they offer yearly here?

then u shud keep more than one options in hand...if the seats are so limited n available only in special cases.....btw how many seats they offer yearly here?

They induct no more than 5 psychs per year per service though it's very hard to even get to that number. That's why I've kept the option of PN open as well. I know for sure that their seats will come since 2009 they've been able to get 2 psychs selected, no one applied in 2013, 2011 and 2012 :( poor navy

If i'm not wrong you were searching for a solid career in Psychology or at least were interested in the subject.
Am i right?

How can your fiancee take a decision you should make for yourself?
Look at her motives behind her suggestions.And make a decision while keeping yourself out of any of her influence.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom