What's new

A Community no one cares about

Where are Jinnah's followers now? If religion is a personal matter, then legally, you know whether a person is Muslim or not, by only asking him/her. But here we have a tyranny of majority. A bunch of clerics decide whether you are a Muslim or not. Just another layer on the cake of hypocrisy.

...yup correct! AHMADIS are non muslims. sikhs,parsis,christians & buddhists never claim to be muslims hence they are respected for what they claim to be! Ahamdis are Pakistanis YES but NOT MUSLIMS! I don't know what the issue is here?
I see two issues here. The first is, "Who is a good Pakistani citizen?" and the second, "How does one judge who is a Muslim?"

Whether or not the Ahmadis are considered Muslims I see no basis to pronounce that they are, collectively, bad Pakistani citizens who must therefore be deprived of their civil rights - and we're not just talking about felons deprived of the vote (as in the U.S.) but of people deprived of property, art, state protection, and due process of law.

This is the route both Nazi Germany and the antebellum American South took to oblivion; once political or religious opponents were proscribed, terror and bigotry seized the citizenry as they realized anybody could be labelled as such, merely on a whim. The power inherent in that sent thrills of terror or power through individuals and created the atmosphere for civil and external war.

My question for Pakistanis here is: how can you justify your personal inaction here? Why are you doing nothing but sit on your ***** rather than demonstrate in the streets of Indianapolis or Islamabad to oppose this?

If they hate what's happening, let them rise up and protest. Who's stopping them?

I see two issues here. The first is, "Who is a good Pakistani citizen?" and the second, "How does one judge who is a Muslim?"
The first question is being raised for no reason since the person you quote does not say Ahmedis are bad citizens
Secondly, Muslims are those who believe in God and that Muhammad (PBUH) is the last Prophet. Ahmedis fail that criteria big time.

The first question is being raised for no reason since the person you quote does not say Ahmedis are bad citizens
Secondly, Muslims are those who believe in God and that Muhammad (PBUH) is the last Prophet. Ahmedis fail that criteria big time.
How many extra prophets do they have compare to you guys?

The first question is being raised for no reason since the person you quote does not say Ahmedis are bad citizens -
I'm talking about the thread topic article Ice_Man was referring to.

If they hate what's happening, let them rise up and protest. Who's stopping them?
Who will protect them since policemen run away when they are threatened? Why would it be safe for Ahmadis to protest? No, it has to be non-Ahmadis willing to stand up for their fellow Pakistanis as a matter of principle. That's the lesson Voltaire, Zola, and the American civil rights movement, to name just three.

Who will protect them since policemen run away when they are threatened? Why would it be safe for Ahmadis to protest? No, it has to be non-Ahmadis willing to stand up for their fellow Pakistanis as a matter of principle. That's the lesson Voltaire, Zola, and the American civil rights movement, to name just three.
So did the whites rise up for the Blacks 50 years ago? Before preaching civil rights to others, do study your own history. No community gains respect until it asks for it.

And don't act like all hate for minorities is gone in the US, I can find thousands of people who hate Obama and whose argument starts with Black!

the law is clear and is being implemented. You take care of your own minorities. W

e do not need Indians telling us about looking after minorities. remember Gujrat?? 3000 being killed??

There are enough and more threads that you have started on this forum to discuss about minorities, Dalits and Gujrat, let's stick to the topic and not troll. :)

So did the whites rise up for the Blacks 50 years ago? Before preaching civil rights to others, do study your own history.
Absolutely! Do study a bit more before believing in your prejudices, please!

No community gains respect until it asks for it.
I presume you speak for all Pakistanis here but you do realize you have demonstrated you are no fit judge of others?

And don't act like all hate for minorities is gone in the US -
You've missed my point entirely: a person's rights should have nothing at all to do with whether they are hated or liked. Once you decide that a person should be deprived of rights simply because you don't like them law loses much of its meaning and you become a barbarian.

I see my first two questions to you, truthseer, have remained unanswered.

Whether or not the Ahmadis are considered Muslims I see no basis to pronounce that they are, collectively, bad Pakistani citizens who must therefore be deprived of their civil rights - and we're not just talking about felons deprived of the vote (as in the U.S.) but of people deprived of property, art, state protection, and due process of law.

This is the route both Nazi Germany and the antebellum American South took to oblivion; once political or religious opponents were proscribed, terror and bigotry seized the citizenry as they realized anybody could be labelled as such, merely on a whim. The power inherent in that sent thrills of terror or power through individuals and created the atmosphere for civil and external war.

My question for Pakistanis here is: how can you justify your personal inaction here? Why are you doing nothing but sit on your ***** rather than demonstrate in the streets of Indianapolis or Islamabad to oppose this?

Ahmedis are not the JEWS of Germany! there is a huge difference! you can't compare both the situations! Ahmedis ARE NOT MUSLIMS however, they have lived in pakistan just like any other Pakistani and have been allowed to excel in every field.

no one is deprieving them of property,art & state protection.

the fact that there is no genocide of qadyanis happening & infact policemen have been deployed as protection for them clearly states that as a nation Pakistanis are right behind Qadyanis.

What do Indians want us to do? Pass some laws say we are secular then continue abusing minorities like they do??

At least we do not call Ahmedis untouchable
We also dont acll them untouchable.

Ahmedis are not the JEWS of Germany! there is a huge difference! you can't compare both the situations! Ahmedis ARE NOT MUSLIMS however, they have lived in pakistan just like any other Pakistani and have been allowed to excel in every field.

no one is deprieving them of property,art & state protection.

the fact that there is no genocide of qadyanis happening & infact policemen have been deployed as protection for them clearly states that as a nation Pakistanis are right behind Qadyanis.

they have the right to call themselves as mslim. period. in india at least they are acalled mslims althought three are some fundooos who demand that they should not be. who are they to say anything. utter craap

Back
Top Bottom