What's new

‘Pakistan govt decides to make new provinces’

But dont you think they should'nt do that right now when plenty of things are happening, with lot of politics going on and there are thousands of issue to be solved at 1st. The most important thing will pakistan be able to cope such change including the reaction of people itself. These things should have done a long time ago. i am not against ur points you've mentioned above, it can do alot of good things, but there is plenty of risk involved too, that makes me a bit worry.

This will have to be done properly.
Balochistan; three provinces, good idea. The North part can become another Pashtun province with a capital at Quetta, the south; Makaran, with a capital at Gawader.
Spilit the Pashto speaking part of the NWFP from the Hindko part, the latter can have a capital at Abottabad. FATA, a seperate province.

Punjab and Sindh should not be split.

sparten said:
Thats the best idea i recon, good thinking. They shouldnt divide Punjab and sindh as majority of poplulation is based in these two provinces plus there's less trouble as well. Government has to develope a strategy to win the trust of the people living in those areas, so that they adopt the change quickly and easily, without any consequences.

sparten said:
Why not?
Imho, these two provices are dominating in each and every way and both are overpopulated.
Dividing these will bring some balance and parity in social and economic power.

The ultimate goal is to form smaller provinces out of Punjab and Sindh as they contain the most diverse of people and tensions rise quick under the current circumstances.

All province contain higly diverse populations. The reason Punjab is reletivly calm is that it is prosperous. Spliting it up will ensure that said propserity gets divided up.
And Sindh is unviavble sans Karachi.

Balochistan is too big with too small a population.
The North should either join the new Frontier privinnce or FATA.
The South is Makarani. They are not balochi, either linguistically, culturally or racially (they are of Black African decent). It will give them a chance to shine.

inshallah this will never happen.......i dont know why iranians are so frustrated....

Neo said:
Why not?
Imho, these two provices are dominating in each and every way and both are overpopulated.
Dividing these will bring some balance and parity in social and economic power.

neO,

pardon my ignorance, and hope you dont mind me asking but what is Imho and why do you always start your sentances with that word?:what1:

JSK said:
neO,

pardon my ignorance, and hope you dont mind me asking but what is Imho and why do you always start your sentances with that word?:what1:

Its short for ' In My Humble Opinion'... :)

JSK said:
ohhhhhhhh...thanx ;)

you're way too nice hahaha..

I have tooo many friends from LA, they kindda use short terms so ofthen that the abbreviations become comon words.
Sorry for the confusion. :angel:

This will defeinitely happen sooner or later. Pakistan would be broken in 26 provinces as proposed.

Does anyone have a map for the proposed division?

As Salam o Alaikum Brothers.
I want to ask all the brothers opposing this move why should it not be done? Please remove from your mind the notion that making more provinces would harm Pakistan in any way. It may actually do a lot of good. Let us look at it objectively. What would making more provinces do. It would mean ( at least in my view) that the local Government would play a more potent role in the upkeep of the provinces. You would know who to approach to solve your problem and because the governance is local, it would be difficult for them to shrug off any demand for improvement . If they do not do their jobs properly, they are out and somebody else comes in. Because you would be responsible for your own setup, you would have to generate your own revenues. If the provinces are mainly aggricultural, they would be forced to collect agricultural tax and encourage local industrial growth. It would decentralize Governance and the taboo of the Big Brother bullying the little ones would go or not hold any credance.
All of you who think that it might break Pakistan, my response to you is it would probably strengthen Pakistan in more ways than you think. In UK we now have 4 different countries,ie England, Wales, Scotland And Ireland. They have their own Parliaments, their own currency and their own governance. Sure ther would be a bit of chaos, but tell me when has there not been chaos in pakistan? Thrown in to the shallow end the smaller provinces might need some support initially , but would soon learn to rely on themselves I think we would be much better off.
Feel free to debate.
Araz

araz said:
As Salam o Alaikum Brothers.
I want to ask all the brothers opposing this move why should it not be done? Please remove from your mind the notion that making more provinces would harm Pakistan in any way. It may actually do a lot of good.

Thrown in to the shallow end the smaller provinces might need some support initially , but would soon learn to rely on themselves I think we would be much better off.
Feel free to debate.
Araz

hmmmmm araz very positive nice idea .
i can borrow it for my article :) .

but araz the problem is how will we counter all those feudals who are not letting it to happen just to maintain their vote bank (whter they get it legally or forcefully ) .
And a question comes to my mind What do u think this will also help in countering Bugti type of people if we apply it also in Balochistan??.

Back
Top Bottom