What's new

‘Pakistan govt decides to make new provinces’

Nasir

Reaction score
‘Pakistan govt decides to make new provinces’

TEHRAN: The government has decided in principle to increase the number of provinces in Pakistan to 10, Radio Tehran reported.

Punjab, the largest province, will be divided into three parts: Potohar, Southern Punjab and Central Punjab. Sindh will also be divided into three units. NWFP will be divided into two units, according to the report.

Radio Tehran said the costal belt from Gwadar to Makran would also be made a separate administrative unit.

The federal government will lead the federation and the elected assemblies of the ten provinces will choose the chief ministers. Various political and regional parties have long demanded new provinces in Pakistan. Online

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2006\05\22\story_22-5-2006_pg7_35

A neat way to break dissensions!

Brilliant!

The British policy of "Divide and Rule" is time tested to succeed!

Salim said:
A neat way to break dissensions!

Brilliant!

The British policy of "Divide and Rule" is time tested to succeed!

This is the best news ever, millions of ppl will be happy with this outcome specially me.

ALL the provinces will be almost equal in size, populaion and resources. So in other words a perfect union. Mush when he came topower was advised to this than & he should have done it than but like they say better late than never. :banana2:

Admin edit: No need to get personal, attack the points, not the person.

A much more organized country is in the nations interest. Governing, and situating local things will become much easier, and the politics of being punjabi and sindhi will also go down with the power of being a big province. Which is good for the other provinces!

It will be interesting to know as to how Balochistan is to be reorganised so that the clout of the various local satraps are diluted.

fieldmarshal said:
Simkple question, u being an indian, wts ur interest in the political and social developments in Pak?? because you as far as ur own countries socio, poliical situation goes u already have a lot on ur plate.
Even though we are Indians, its in our interest that Pakistan remains stable and a viable nation. Thats why we are interested in Pakistan's development like you guys. When more and more people get job and education, they will take more proactive interest in the politics and governance, which is good for all.

fieldmarshal said:
Simkple question, u being an indian, wts ur interest in the political and social developments in Pak?? because you as far as ur own countries socio, poliical situation goes u already have a lot on ur plate.

The sardars influence extends in just two districts and baluchistan has 15 districts. now that two is on the receding due to some very shrewed handling of the situation.

10 the number of the provinces quoted is not right 7-8 is more like it.

The simple answer is that if there is stability in the region, then there will be economic progress.

If there is economic progress, the region will flourish.

If the region flourishes, both you and I will benefit.

Is that a very harmful an interest to have?

If Balochistan burns then there shall be no IPI. They will sabotage the pipeline enroute.

I hope that answers your question.

Be careful you have too many spelling errors.

Sid will chew you up for poor spelling and grammar!:woot:

WebMaster said:
A much more organized country is in the nations interest. Governing, and situating local things will become much easier, and the politics of being punjabi and sindhi will also go down with the power of being a big province. Which is good for the other provinces!

Agree with webby.
There's imbalance in the current status quo, Punjab simply being the largest province when it comes to population and revenue. Balochistan is the largest province whith smallest population of merely 8 million and counts for just a few % of the GDP.
I'd prefer decentralising of power, devide the five states into 8-10 or even more provinces and give them full federal status under one central government in Islamabad.
The German model.

It could solve a lot of issues including the ethinic one.

Too much of a counter arguments guys, lets get back to the topic.
Well im totally against what they are going to do, means dividing 4 provices to 10. This is what people should understand, whatever state or province they living in, its in pakistan. So that means they are pakistani's nor punjabi sindhi or whatever. But unforunately vast majority of our population is uneducated, so they do'nt understand the meaning of a word, "Pakistani". I am not blaming all of them, there is only small number of groups among them, who trying to brain wash them in persuit of their own personal benefits, such as power and money. My signal is towards "BUGTTI and co" and such other groups. They cant stand Pakistan's progress, for the sake of their own desires.

I am not sure how Musharaf is gonna cope them but i think he's trying his best. Inshallah, the day will come when everyone will understand they are no different from others and have equal rights while living in a same nation "PAKISTAN". AMIN:flag:

melb4aust said:
Too much of a counter arguments guys, lets get back to the topic.
Well im totally against what they are going to do, means dividing 4 provices to 10. This is what people should understand, whatever state or province they living in, its in pakistan. So that means they are pakistani's nor punjabi sindhi or whatever. But unforunately vast majority of our population is uneducated, so they do'nt understand the meaning of a word, "Pakistani". I am not blaming all of them, there is only small number of groups among them, who trying to brain wash them in persuit of their own personal benefits, such as power and money. My signal is towards "BUGTTI and co" and such other groups. They cant stand Pakistan's progress, for the sake of their own desires.

I am not sure how Musharaf is gonna cope them but i think he's trying his best. Inshallah, the day will come when everyone will understand they are no different from others and have equal rights while living in a same nation "PAKISTAN". AMIN:flag:

But looking at what Neo said,punjab need to be divided and its clout reduced.i dont know how much this re arrangement can alter the situation in baluchistan.

Bull said:
But looking at what Neo said,punjab need to be divided and its clout reduced.i dont know how much this re arrangement can alter the situation in baluchistan.
What, :idiot: Punjab, come on man, they are thinking about dividing disputed areas like NWFP, Sindh and importantly Afghanistan where the main troubles are not the punjab. Why you guyz are that much keen and interested in all this even pakistani's are not that much eager as you guyz are.

Its all easy to say, but very hard to do. i am pointing towards the division of these provinces. Again im repeating my self that we should cut this out and think as one nation "Pakistan"

People,get back to the topic or the thread will be closed!
Thanks!

melb4aust said:
What, :idiot: Punjab, come on man, they are thinking about dividing disputed areas like NWFP, Sindh and importantly Afghanistan where the main troubles are not the punjab. Why you guyz are that much keen and interested in all this even pakistani's are not that much eager as you guyz are.

Its all easy to say, but very hard to do. i am pointing towards the division of these provinces. Again im repeating my self that we should cut this out and think as one nation "Pakistan"

What you are talking about is one thing and the creation of newer provinces is another even though at some level these two might overlap. Newer provinces are urgently needed to create 'parity' and reduce Punjab's dominance over everything so that other provinces may get more of a say in state affairs. I suggest, whatever provinces are created, they are all given equal weightage in the legislature to put Punjab's notorious history of domination to rest for good.

Yes we must think of ourselves as one nation, 'Pakistan/Pakistanis' but that makes more sense when we consider our allegiances which should be: country, religion, ethnicity, etc in that order; IMHO. Lets not forget, Pakistan is a 'federation', its about time we started acting like one.

Sid said:
What you are talking about is one thing and the creation of newer provinces is another even though at some level these two might overlap. Newer provinces are urgently needed to create 'parity' and reduce Punjab's dominance over everything so that other provinces may get more of a say in state affairs. I suggest, whatever provinces are created, they are all given equal weightage in the legislature to put Punjab's notorious history of domination to rest for good.

Yes we must think of ourselves as one nation, 'Pakistan/Pakistanis' but that makes more sense when we consider our allegiances which should be: country, religion, ethnicity, etc in that order; IMHO. Lets not forget, Pakistan is a 'federation', its about time we started acting like one.
Lot of people will laughing at us. More provinces mean more division of power. More division of power means more trouble and difficult to control. Remember the incident of soviet union. How they got seperated.

Soviet Union was 'communist' and could not afford the brunt that the Cold War dealt to its economy. Autonomy was the least thing that effected its break-up. Infact, it was the Center, excercising all the power that made the local populace agitate. Lets not forget the tragic year 1971. I cannot be more precise than that.

Take a look at countries like Canada. A good extent of provincial autonomy and I hardly see any of the provinces looking for independance. Quebec lost its quest quite a while back.

Back
Top Bottom