What's new

97 percent Indians would Own Mobile Phones by 2014

many of them have more than 2 phones OR double sim phones.I think these are not Cheen ka Maal...

Every body has cell phones these days even almost all the domestic employees, i once saw a beggar with a cell phone in Islamabad, but having a cell fone doesn't reveal anything about one's personality. Many cheapskates buy expensive cell phones just to showoff, when they are only familiar with their two functions; how to answer a call & how to disconnect it, LOL
Pakistani's and Indians are hell snobbish & that's true. Even if they don't have a penny to buy food they are more concerned about showing off.

Yeah the beggars should drop the fashion of cell phones and get something done for their country and get something worth working for in return!

:) yeah i have just realised that many on your side do not know the meaning of it which BTW are not offensive rather its related to business profession even the peace promoting great man was associated with it.

BTW congrats for becoming senior :cheers:
Thanks Jana.

I know most of us dont get the real meaning of it. Like you said, Its related to businesssmen, like myself:)...

Thanks Jana.

I know most of us dont get the real meaning of it. Like you said, Its related to businesssmen, like myself:)...

Everybody know the meaning of "Bania" in north India, but We take offence because We all north Indians are not bania. Even many north Indians use this term for some "Kanjoos"(miser).

Every body has cell phones these days even almost all the domestic employees, i once saw a beggar with a cell phone in Islamabad, but having a cell fone doesn't reveal anything about one's personality. Many cheapskates buy expensive cell phones just to showoff, when they are only familiar with their two functions; how to answer a call & how to disconnect it, LOL
Pakistani's and Indians are hell snobbish & that's true. Even if they don't have a penny to buy food they are more concerned about showing off.
To some extent I agree abt the showing off stuff.
But I think a mobile phone is a truly revolutionary product.

The one thing a human being wants is to be touch with its people.

Most peeople use a cell phone just to call up somebody coz they want to get ridd of lonely less!!, trust me I have seen people like that.

Its a great tool......tomorrow may be a cellphone will be transformed to almost anything,like getting a camera and radio togather in a phone!!.... and thats what fascinates people.

Tom it will be one tool that give everything...

Everybody know the meaning of "Bania" in north India, but We take offence because We all north Indians are not bania. Even many north Indians use this term for some "Kanjoos"(miser).
haha...I know, I know the meaning of "Baniya" though...when somebody calls me Baniya I dont mind...rather I regard them as one community who can buy and sell almost eeverything. Not many of us can do it:)

Nothing wrong with poor having mobile. I live in outskirts of the city. I can definitely see the convenience. Ek phone karo banda haazir xD.

North Indians prefer 'Lala Ji', 'Baau Ji', 'Sardar Ji' (For Sikhs and other people having authority eg. Migrant workers use this), 'Janaab' (Mostly for Police). Baniya is offensive, just like 'Pendu Jatt' to Jatt community.

Last edited:
This is one of the greatest revolution India had after green and white revolution, 15-20 year back if some one has to take a phone connection , waiting time was for many years and it was only in reach of higher income groups.

North Indians prefer 'Lala Ji', 'Baau Ji', 'Sardar Ji' (For Sikhs and other people having authority eg. Migrant workers use this), 'Janaab' (Mostly for Police). Baniya is offensive, just like 'Pendu Jatt' to Jatt community.

I don't think so. At least here in delhi I and my friends regularly use these terms in good jest and I do mean 'in good jest' nobody seems to mind!

What is the meaning of "Pendu Jatt"?

so it means village idiot? oh, interesting that theres some words in common in english

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom