What's new

61% International Students report abuse in Australian University

No mate. I don't think that you're being entirely honest in your analysis. Aussies are one of the most racist bunch out there. If I were to compile a list on racism, it would go something like this.

Racism in western societies (Descending order)

1. Canadians (Least racist)
2. Swedes
3. Danes
4. Norwegians
5. Italians
6. Spaniards
7. Germans
8. Britts
9. Swiss
10. Americans (not racist per-se, however, very self obsessed)
11. French
12. Greeks
13. Aussies

Generally speaking Southern and Eastern Europeans are less liberal and open then their western and norther counterparts.

Your idea of racism probably more to do with fear, which manifests itself as bigotry.
Me... fear of what? I didn't get it :blink:

You don't even know me, and in fraction of a second you slapped the "bigot" badge, what does that say about you?

I think you'll find the cultural differences is causing the problem.

I know that people from some asian countries don't understand the concept of lining up for things and they don't understand how rude it is to push in line, this could lead to physical fights and verbal abuse.

I am talking from my personal experience, Australians are one of the most accepting and welcoming Nation I have come across. They greet, you, smile at you, respect your personal space and behave humanly several times more than any other Nation I have met so far. BUT - I cannot comment on universities specifically and I also consider that youth ones would be more aggressive and exhibit less tolerance than an average adult.

Education in Australia is a scam. International students are tricked, they are promised PR once they graduate. Not by Australian Universities but by recruitment agencies. They are told about these non-exist job shortages and endless opportunities. But the reality is, the Universities there are not worth the paper the degrees are printed on, the quality of teaching isn’t that great, there is no job shortages and students are seen as cash cows.

Most of the students end up jobless and work menial jobs and receive abuse by the racist Australian people for working these jobs and supposedly taking their jobs. We all saw the racist attacks on International students in Australia; it’s a free for all against them,

I'd think wisely before spending 10's of thousands on education in Australia in sub standard Universities in an expensive racist nation

well it is not a scam.. and who uses recruiting agencies??.. people who claim to help your visa etc... none of them are credited with such feats... they are also not a part of any government agency or anything.... no one is promised anything, what a load of crap.... i do find however, a lot of these agencies are run by immigrants.. people who are not even australia, but hold a citizenship.

also, australians education is one of the best in the world, what the hell are you talking about?? lol.. this is why people come here, because our education is internationally recognised, and is also one of the best education systems in the world.. simple fact

racism?? do not confuse racism with discrimination that is mostly deserved anyway... as xdrive pointed out, lot of asians are rude, push in line. they also have a nasty habit of dumping their rubbish anywhere instead of putting it in the bin!!... indians and pakistani's are well known for sexual harassment, be it physical or verbal... mostly verbal... these people give themselves a bad name, so if australians dont like people who come here and try to make our country a pig sty, or sexually harass our women (sometimes men) blame yourselves... dont try to use the race card because it is nothing but a load of crap

i will also say, you try and say racist this, racist that.. the countries you come from are bigger racist then australia! your countries are also guilty of being some of the most discriminatory and judgemental scammers in the entire world...

so before talking crap about australia and australians.. look at yourselves first and dont be hypocrites

now before you try to say i have a racist attitude etc bla bla... i am not racist. but i do hate people who come here and act this way... and im not saying all those who come here are like that. many indians and pakistani i have met are very decent good people.. i would hold them in higher esteem then some of my white brethren... same with asians too...

but what we see happening in australia, is seen all too often... too much to just be discarded as a one off thing.. a small minority... we find these things on a big scale... not all.. but big enough for people to start to think ohh, its one of these people.. specially when they hint at acting in a similar fashion.. people are quick to jump on it... you cant blame australians for this, because we are not the ones acting in such a way to be discriminated against..... actually, no thats not quite true... australians also talk bout our own.. like.. ohh these bogans etc.. these yobo's... etc . we talking bout our own people.. now not all bogans and yobo's are bad... but a lot of them are so they are seen in a similar fashion as those who are one of them

Me... fear of what? I didn't get it :blink:

You don't even know me, and in fraction of a second you slapped the "bigot" badge, what does that say about you?

Oh I wasn't talking about you but rather your concept of racism.

I meant that the concept of racism in general is rooted more in the fear rather than the hatred of other races.

Sorry for any misunderstanding. Peace. :P

Oh I wasn't talking about you but rather your concept of racism.

I meant that the concept of racism in general is rooted more in the fear rather than the hatred of other races.

Sorry for any misunderstanding. Peace. :P

Mate, racism is a "relative" term. I was just trying to compare a few "Western" nations (with respect to/relatively/to one another). It's true, if I included Pakistan and Arab countries, they'd be at the bottom of the list!

Peace! :tup:

It's a personal opinion. By the way, hatred can not be quantified, what evidence would you require? Statistics on how people gaze at you? Grow up!

You are the one making the general statement that a population of 23 million are all racist just because you "think" they are.

I think it's you who needs to grow up.

You are the one making the general statement that a population of 23 million are all racist just because you "think" they are.

I think it's you who needs to grow up.

Read my post, just above yours. It was a "relative" analysis, it's not applicable to the whole population of 23 million, only the ones I had the pleasure of coming across.

Been here quite a while now, went to high school and uni here too. I have never experienced any racism at any stage whatsoever!! Be it at uni or at professional level :angel:

Tu bhai kis hakeem nay bola hai kay Australia jao.....go somewhere else.

Education is Australia's pride export to the world.

Asian and Middle Eastern students form bulk of their students from overseas.

While there exists a slight tension, a lot of that comes from new students not understanding the local laws and concepts.

While I was earlier very annoyed of the much touted 'racism' in Australia, a lot of it is not racist but simply physical brawls that are termed as racist.

Let's not blanket the entire nation like that.

Back
Top Bottom