What's new

40,000 Indians to be allowed to work in Europe: Report

Indians are getting a lot of attention. Fear of Pakistanis in the west is keeping us out. Means no investment in our land.

Sad.
Pakistan would not have got trade concession from EU due to floods if there was any fear.
I dont see much help to India if they allow 40000 workers for 6 months, a trade concession or some deal which help our business directly would have been much better.

Europe is history. There is nothing to gain from there...
I guess this deal is too late now...:coffee:

TBH it is not really anything to do with Pakistan or paranoia, the world is bigger than India and Pakistan so every piece of favorable news about India can't be looked at through the prism of Pakistan. This news is because of India's economic might not Pakistan's weakness.

it's not a case of either or when dealing with India and Pakistan.

I guess perhaps this does have to do with positive news westerners hear from India particularly from the economic sector.

However I feel India is being given extra attention at the cost of other South Asian Nations. You should be clear that the demography of Pakistan, Bangladesh and India are all very similar and these countries have as much % of middle class and upper class trained individuals as in the other. In each of the 3 countries about 70% of the population lives beyond the poverty line meaning 30% is either middle class or upper class. A few weeks ago India came in between a trade deal with the EU where we were going to sell textiles to the UN.

Shouldn't have 40,000 South Asians been given this concession? I am afraid people from my country are being ignored. We are viewed with unnecessary suspicion and discriminated against. I have personally seen this attitude. Not to say Western Nations haven't generally been fair. I personally know a person who was denied a job in Canada because they said 'her knowledge was good for a Pakistani market, not for a Canadian market.'

Indians are getting a lot of attention. Fear of Pakistanis in the west is keeping us out. Means no investment in our land.

Sad.

Europe is not able to carry its own burden... Its about time we must try to become self-reliant and hope to improve our economy

then wat is future?

Right now, Canada is still perhaps the only country in the Western world that survived through recision. Of course inflation has increased, but the benefits in education, workforce, and free health care system is still running smooth. Not only that, our terrrirotry size is the world's second biggest in the world and we have lots of natural resources, water, oil, coal, gas, copper, wood, glaciers, etc.

Overall, i think the future lies in the East! and its all coming back now. China, Taiwan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Japan, Turkey, India (if you continue to stay), Middle East, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Afghanistan (huge potential)

LOL, Europe is asking money from China to ease its debt...

Right now, Canada is still perhaps the only country in the Western world that survived through recision. Of course inflation has increased, but the benefits in education, workforce, and free health care system is still running smooth. Not only that, our terrrirotry size is the world's second biggest in the world and we have lots of natural resources, water, oil, coal, gas, copper, wood, glaciers, etc.

Overall, i think the future lies in the East! and its all coming back now. China, Taiwan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Japan, Turkey, India (if you continue to stay), Middle East, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Afghanistan (huge potential)

LOL, Europe is asking money from China to ease its debt...

a common person looks for standards and south asia dont have standards of living for most of people.
and those have money and brain will choose west ,may be east in future.

why most of our country men looks towards abroad?:azn:

I guess perhaps this does have to do with positive news westerners hear from India particularly from the economic sector.

However I feel India is being given extra attention at the cost of other South Asian Nations. You should be clear that the demography of Pakistan, Bangladesh and India are all very similar and these countries have as much % of middle class and upper class trained individuals as in the other. In each of the 3 countries about 70% of the population lives beyond the poverty line meaning 30% is either middle class or upper class. A few weeks ago India came in between a trade deal with the EU where we were going to sell textiles to the UN.

Shouldn't have 40,000 South Asians been given this concession? I am afraid people from my country are being ignored. We are viewed with unnecessary suspicion and discriminated against. I have personally seen this attitude. Not to say Western Nations haven't generally. A personally know a person who was denied a job in Canada because they said 'her knowledge was good for a Pakistani market, not for a Canadian market.'
This is more of a bilateral concession, they will give something to get something from India(say opening up of a key sector).
India is a big market so it makes sense to pay a slight bigger price for the deal.

If EU does a deal with china, it will be much more significant concession probably.

Where as in giving work visa at least UK does not discriminate between pakistani and Indian.
In case of high end job, the locals will always get preference compared to outsiders, and it is other way around for low end jobs.

About pakistani denied job in canada, I would say probably because of nature of job. It is not IT(which is what we are talking here) but probably marketing, advertising etc, in which canada is different market.

I dont think a canadian will be good in such job in pakistan.

for accounting purposes, it makes sense for them to bring back jobs/operations on-shore. . .

i look forward to the day the people in our sub-continent will find value in remaining home and not venturing out overseas in search of work and better pay. Maybe one day.....

and before i get called out on it, yes I am pursuing graduate studies OUTSIDE of Pakistan....but that's only because LUMS put me on the wait-list (which was their polite way of saying I wasnt good enough for them :D)

a common person looks for standards and south asia dont have standards of living for most of people.
and those have money and brain will choose west ,may be east in future.

why most of our country men looks towards abroad?:azn:

Believe me, i was born and raised in the Middle East and the standard of living there is far luxurious than anywhere else in the world. From Job security, bonuses, housing, to holidays, there is absolutely no comparison....

Perhaps Western countries in Europe is great for education. That is the only thing no one can beat.
Winston Churchill said that we will go strong on our education system even if German has to invade us!
If you look at Uni rankings in the world, in top 100, 9/10 are in the West. That is the only one positive point.

Believe me, i was born and raised in the Middle East and the standard of living there is far luxurious than anywhere else in the world. From Job security, bonuses, housing, to holidays, there is absolutely no comparison....

Perhaps Western countries in Europe is great for education. That is the only thing no one can beat.
Winston Churchill said that we will go strong on our education system even if German has to invade us!
If you look at Uni rankings in the world, in top 100, 9/10 are in the West. That is the only one positive point.

i was talking about south asia not middle east.

i was talking about south asia not middle east.

If you are from South Asia, then why give up? You improve things like standard of living slowly. If you go out for education, then thats a totally different story. You learn and you come back.
But Working outside is like benefiting other's economy and if lots of Western companies right now are coming to India, then why bother moving?

If someone is to stubborn then, i guess he or she has to deal with inferiority complex...

If you are from South Asia, then why give up? You improve things like standard of living slowly. If you go out for education, then thats a totally different story. You learn and you come back.
But Working outside is like benefiting other's economy and if lots of Western companies right now are coming to India, then why bother moving?

If someone is to stubborn then, i guess he or she has to deal with inferiority complex...
Most people take decision based on their own career choice or personal benefit, macro economic theories have nothing to do with it.

Congrats. Hope they get treated better than they do in Dubai.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom