What's new

30 Turkic Warriors more effective then 300 Spartans

Battle of Saragarhi also deserves mention in this thread. 21 Sikhs vs 10,000-14,000 Afghan Pashtuns in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.

"The British, as well as the Indians, are proud of the 36th Sikh Regiments. It is no exaggeration to record that the armies which possess the valiant Sikhs cannot face defeat in war" - Parliament of the United Kingdom.

"You are never disappointed when you are with the Sikhs. Those 21 soldiers all fought to the death. That bravery should be within all of us. Those soldiers were lauded in Britain and their pride went throughout the Indian Army. Inside every Sikh should be this pride and courage. The important thing is that you must not get too big-headed it is important to be humble in victory and to pay respect to the other side." - Field Marshal William Joseph Slim, 1st Viscount Slim.

To be honest I've never heard of the Sikh regiment, but it's quite amazing that 21 defeated 10-14.000 pashtuns. I wonder what went wrong for the pashtuns...

But now that you're talking about regiments I think another regiment in newer time that's worth mentioning is the Turkish brigade in the korean war.

Turkish Brigade

I hope you'll enjoy reading it as much as I do. :)

EDIT: I read that the 21 killed at least 180 out of a force of 10.000. quite many, but can't say they defeated 10.000 pashtuns.

Apart from silliness of comparing Turkish forefathers (Barbaros is Turkish-Greek fyi), I would like to hear from you who are those people that are greater than Suleiman I?

I just dont agree that Suleyman I is the greatest person in Turk history there are many more like: Fatih Sultan Mehmet, Alparslan, Atilla, OguzHan, Yavuz Sultan Selim, Yildirim Beyazid, Bilge Kaan, Dede Korkut, Piri Reis, Osman Gazi, Köroğlu, Kilicarslan.

Battle of Saragarhi also deserves mention in this thread. 21 Sikhs vs 10,000-14,000 Afghan Pashtuns in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.

03-Men_of_the_Loodiaah_%28Ludhiana%29_Sikh_Regiment_in_China%2C_Circa_1860..jpg

"The British, as well as the Indians, are proud of the 36th Sikh Regiments. It is no exaggeration to record that the armies which possess the valiant Sikhs cannot face defeat in war" - Parliament of the United Kingdom.

"You are never disappointed when you are with the Sikhs. Those 21 soldiers all fought to the death. That bravery should be within all of us. Those soldiers were lauded in Britain and their pride went throughout the Indian Army. Inside every Sikh should be this pride and courage. The important thing is that you must not get too big-headed it is important to be humble in victory and to pay respect to the other side." - Field Marshal William Joseph Slim, 1st Viscount Slim.

are you a Sikh?

Turks didn't bring Islam to India first. It was the Sufis and Sunni traders that traded with Southern India that did. In the north Sufis came, then the Sunnis in the form of the Arabs invaded India.

Yeah sure mate..Let me explain you something, the Conquerors and Rulers were Turks, these Turkic conquerors and rulers allowed Arabs and Persians to spread Islam freely to the Indians.
Before the Turks rule this was not possible.

Thank you for answering. I am gonna follow this up with a question; Is it wise to compare such historical figures who've done so many invaluable contributions? Shouldn't we remember them with their greatness, but not their greatness among others?

Exactly right, i was trying to say that there are so many great figures in Turk history that you simply cannot consider 1 the greatest of them all.. They all are great.

@alperen

there are also great non-Turkish conquerors and rulers..i dont like chiauvinism.

@alperen

there are also great non-Turkish conquerors and rulers..i dont like chiauvinism.

Ovarel i respect your views and take it serious also but,

Just because i love my country, people, culture and our history doenst give you the right to label me a hooligan like extremist. if i said something wrong, If i offended any other people/country/nation then i humbly apologize from all of them.

To be honest I've never heard of the Sikh regiment, but it's quite amazing that 21 defeated 10-14.000 pashtuns. I wonder what went wrong for the pashtuns...

But now that you're talking about regiments I think another regiment in newer time that's worth mentioning is the Turkish brigade in the korean war.

Turkish Brigade

I hope you'll enjoy reading it as much as I do. :)

EDIT: I read that the 21 killed at least 180 out of a force of 10.000. quite many, but can't say they defeated 10.000 pashtuns.

Martial prowess doesn't depend on the community or group of people but the resolve of the people and the strength of their will. If their will is strong, then nothing can stop them. Sikh and Gurkha regiments are one of the most well known. In fact, it is everytime only the equipment that has been a problem to Indian Army because of sell-off and corrupt politicians. Barring that, every regiment in the armed forces of India from different societies has valiant warriors.

The same is applicable to every country including Spartans of Greece, Viking of Scandinavia, Romans, the Samurai of Japan etc.

Ovarel i respect your views and take it serious also but,

I just love my country, people, culture and our history you dont have the right to label me a hooligan like extremist. if i said something wrong, If i offended any other people/country/nation then i humbly apologize from all of them.

well,you have also my respect..

but claiming that Turks were/are the best servant to islam may be offensive..maybe you didnt mean it but some of the things you said can be understood that way.

i dont think an apologize is needed but making things clear is...

well,you have also my respect..

but claiming that Turks were/are the best servant to islam may be offensive..maybe you didnt mean it but some of the things you said can be understood that way.

i dont think an apologize is needed but making things clear is...

In my opinion it is true, the Osmanli Turks were the best servants to Islam. Osmanli Devleti was the vanguard, the protector, the army, the government, the empire, "the decider", the upheld and guaranteed the honor of the Muslim world for six centuries. They were the best.

This of course doesn't mean there weren't other great Muslim empires or Muslim heroes, but none can overall match the greatness of the Osmanli caliphate.

Yeah sure mate..Let me explain you something, the Conquerors and Rulers were Turks, these Turkic conquerors and rulers allowed Arabs and Persians to spread Islam freely to the Indians.
Before the Turks rule this was not possible.

Dude, Arabs came in the form of Muhammad bin Qasim.. They are not Turks, they introduced Sunni Islam to India. Now dont tell me the Umayyad Caliphate was Turkish as well. Sufism was spread peacefully in the North and South..

And when you say "Turks" do you mean Turkish people from Anatolia? This is false, most were Central Asian Mongoloids that invaded North West India and Northern India.

Turkic are diverse people. Turkic the term is similar to the term Germanic. And I dont see German people taking credit for what the French have done or the English.

Back
Top Bottom