What's new

3 retired Generals to be court-martialed in NLC scam

Pension being stripped is a pretty standard thing. There may be other punitive infractions/fines as well. First the three have to be found guilty. Remember, they are all innocent until proven guilty. In our culture, since we do not see enough convictions, people forget that and assume you are guilty until proven innocent.
Still it isn't cleared yet, I mean are those accused were doing something bad?
I think the investigations aren't so cleared yet, but look at the jublations of our political elites?
Its a astonishing fact, that most of our political leaders are involved in crouption & we can't judge them, & now we are looking at our judiciary & militry to be tried?
What going on realy, is that all made by item?
At least I belive yes!
It all started from memo gate, it was masterly done, shuja pasha paid the price, & now GEN kiyani is on the hit list?
Again the question is what gen kiyani would be able to do, once kamran kiyani will appear before media?
Right now CJ is on back foot, jst because he & his fellows are trying to save their crediblity from a wild horse called zardari!
What will happen once , a COAS hve to save his crediblity from CIA bassed zardari mafia?
I think, time has arrived to clean the mess & call MARSHALL REVOLUTION ,sponsored by army & implemented by army to clean the garbage which was been collected on the name of DEMOCRAZY, if not be ready for the moral & admistrative destruction of the strongest institutions of pakistan?

Pension being stripped is a pretty standard thing. There may be other punitive infractions/fines as well. First the three have to be found guilty. Remember, they are all innocent until proven guilty. In our culture, since we do not see enough convictions, people forget that and assume you are guilty until proven innocent.

Absolutely correct Sir. Let the due process proceed to its conclusion first.

Sir Xeric, thankyou for posts espcially for sharing your knowledge of miltary law with us.

I have one question. What punishment will a Miltary court decide if an officer violates law to collect more money for his unit/station? Even though his intentions were right, he violated the law. There is no point in keeping him away from trail if he fails to do so and results in loss of miltary funds (which seems to be the case discussed in this thread) but what if he succeed? Where would the books of law go in that case?

Sir Xeric, thankyou for posts espcially for sharing your knowledge of miltary law with us.

I have one question. What punishment will a Miltary court decide if an officer violates law to collect more money for his unit/station? Even though his intentions were right, he violated the law. There is no point in keeping him away from trail if he fails to do so and results in loss of miltary funds (which seems to be the case discussed in this thread) but what if he succeed? Where would the books of law go in that case?

Books of law dont consider emotions, majbooris or (guud) intentions.

Does the court spares a thief who stole something because he was hungry since days?

Actually, an even wiser man also says to apply that rule equally to both sides. ;)

on the contrary hes none the "wiser". (specially recently)

on second thought
hey lets "wise" up and refocus on the Ex-Khakis who are suspected of taking what didnt belong to them
or we will see the sword of "wise" falls upon us

So when is the first hearing for the accused scheduled for?

There is no salary issue. This is misinformation. They are getting their pensions and will continue to do so unless they are found guilty and until the Army decides to punish them by taking away their pension.

They are still getting pensions even after they were re-instated for court-martial?

They are still getting pensions even after they were re-instated for court-martial?

Why not? The principle of "innocent till proven guilty" applies, and hence no punitive action can be taken until the process is complete.

or we will see the sword of "wise" falls upon us

May be the "fool" doesn't care about where the sword falls anymore? :D

Why not? The principle of "innocent till proven guilty" applies, and hence no punitive action can be taken until the process is complete.

My confusion is that are they still getting pension after being re-instated or getting full salaries?

My confusion is that are they still getting pension after being re-instated or getting full salaries?

I would guess it depends on the wording of the reinstatement order and under what legal cover it has been issued.

Yes why not? They have families to support and they have not been proven guilty so why should the pension be withdrawn?

Yes why not? They have families to support and they have not been proven guilty so why should the pension we withdrawn?
And even if they are proven guilty it doesn't necessarily mean that their pensions will be forfeited, not unless the punishment says so.

Court martial ki baat ho rahi hai ya walima ki date set ho rahi hai ? :D

anyway, usually the martial courts are fast track courts type, the punishment is awarded quickly and much harder than regular courts, the due process is taking too long as far as a general observer sees !! :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom