What's new

25% IAF’s AJT Hawks grounded for want of spare parts, says Antony

But the $25 million price of Hawks is all inclusive of it's light weapon package and lifetime service. Which will cost more than $100 million for a F-16 Blk 52, considering weapon and jammer package of F-16s is very costly. Fly away cost means nothing. :undecided:

block 52 costs 40 million without weapon package, you might be confusing block 52 with block 52+

nah i was talking about block 52 and not block 52+

But you got the message, isn't it? Back in 2006, total cost of F-16 Blk 52 was pegged at $80 million a piece, taking inflation into account, it can easily cross 90-95 million by now.

And fly away cost of similar trainer like Yak-130 is 15 million, so total life cycle cost will be easily around 25 million, if not exceeds it.

But you got the message, isn't it? Back in 2006, total cost of F-16 Blk 52 was pegged at $80 million a piece, taking inflation into account, it can easily cross 90-95 million by now.

And fly away cost of similar trainer like Yak-130 is 15 million, so total life cycle cost will be easily around 25 million, if not exceeds it.

but isnt the hawk per unit cost 25 million not including the life cycle cost coz as far as i know it was costing 25 million per unit in 2003 and when you adjust it for inflation its going to be lot more higher in 2012.... and even if you are getting them at 2003 prices still adding life cycle costs would make them higher

but isnt the hawk per unit cost 25 million not including the life cycle cost coz as far as i know it was costing 25 million per unit in 2003 and when you adjust it for inflation its going to be lot more higher in 2012

Lifecycle cost is 25 million considering HAL is assembling, maintaining and over hauling them. For the same reason HAL is still building MKIs for 40-50 million per piece, while recent acquisition of 40 odd Super MKIs is well over $100 million.

IAF will face spare shortage in the war time.

AJT Hawks won't play any part in war, that's why it was being neglected for long.

Lifecycle cost is 25 million considering HAL is assembling, maintaining and over hauling them. For the same reason HAL is still building MKIs for 40-50 million per piece, while recent acquisition of 40 odd Super MKIs is well over $100 million.

Same would have been done with yak-130 or any other aircraft :mean you would have safe the life cycle cost same way you are doing for HAWK.

Btw current price for BAE Hawk is around 33 million dollars

Same would have been done with yak-130 or any other aircraft :mean you would have safe the life cycle cost same way you are doing for HAWK.

Btw current price for BAE Hawk is around 33 million dollars

Yak-130 wan't ready when we signed a deal for BAE Hawks, i agree Yak-130 is a very versatile platform, and even better than Hawk is many respect.

And the price per unit when signed will come into effect, as we've already paid the price for the aircrafts.

Yak-130 wan't ready when we signed a deal for BAE Hawks, i agree Yak-130 is a very versatile platform, and even better than Hawk is many respect.

And the price per unit when signed will come into effect, as we've already paid the price for the aircrafts.

hmmm but still the price wouldnot have made any difference as Yak-130 would still have been cheaper but yes time was important ....coz IAF was lacking any solid advance trainer aircraft

hmmm but still the price wouldnot have made any difference as Yak-130 would still have been cheaper but yes time was important ....coz IAF was lacking any solid advance trainer aircraft

If we had to sign the deal now, Yak-130 would have easily won the tender.

If this is the case, we will see all the jets in IAF will experience different level of spare shortage.

The Sortie rate Will be very low.

I'm surprised that India can't build a senior AJt by itself.

Back
Top Bottom