What's new

24 foreign 'hate channels' on notice for showing anti-India TV shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would be ok with the ban. :)

i am ok with our media is vulgarly bold/critical viz a viz our affairs. India ban these will not affect us . may be showing these is affecting your channels:cheers:

Are u sure about that?? Pakistani media giving challenge to India :woot:

BTW we have Western channels also, if they aren't a threat, than how can Pakistani channels be??

Its duty of the press to tell the truth no matter how ugly it is. It should be independent of country's interest.

No Indian is exempt from his or her duty towards the country.

in south they are not even showing hindi channels much so obviously Pakistani Urdu channels have more audiance in Punjab/JK.

:blink: or Protect?

i get all the hindi channels here in cable and in digital..even assamese, gujarati and many languages even i dont have a clue about.

Sorry.. this is protect :)...

:) no media is not supposed to protect country's interests. though Indian media is doing it but in this process it has become war-monger

Are u sure about that?? Pakistani media giving challenge to India :woot:

BTW we have Western channels also, if they aren't a threat, than how can Pakistani channels be??

yes iam sure.

for your second line you can ask your govt.

No Indian is exempt from his or her duty towards the country.
Thats not what press ethics should be.
Its duty of doctor to save live, whether its a terrorist or a rapist, or enemy.

In any case duty towards country is too vague, how will a reporter know whether telling the truth serves the interest or telling lies.
I have a belief that truth always pays in longer run in a democratic setup, cant prove it though.

Its duty of the press to tell the truth no matter how ugly it is. It should be independent of country's interest.

A country is just not made of it's interest. This is like system. and every part of system should work in same direction to take country and people in right way.

If country interests is good and beneficial for country and it's people then does not matter how ugly it is, media should cover it..
and i wrote that media should not use to cover any political or religious interest. And in today world these two things are most dangerous.

Thats not what press ethics should be.
Its duty of doctor to save live, whether its a terrorist or a rapist, or enemy.

In any case duty towards country is too vague, how will a reporter know whether telling the truth serves the interest or telling lies.
I have a belief that truth always pays in longer run in a democratic setup, cant prove it though.

All ethics and codes of honor and pacts and loyalties and allegiances are subservient to that to the nation.

That is paramount. Non-negotiable. Non-debatable.

Freedom of the press and the media is not absolute.

Just as freedom of expression is not.

It comes with caveats.

National interest is not a caveat.

It sits above everything else.

:) no media is not supposed to protect country's interests. though Indian media is doing it but in this process it has become war-monger

You just see 1 video clip of news channel and think that Indian media do this job all over day. But nothing like this. Here Indian media works on TRP, if any news serve their purpose they ll do it. It's like they are showing war news till after noon as breaking news. but if they get any other news ( this news can be any thing , like rahul gandhi ate allu sabji :D[ i'm not joking this new was breaking news :P ], or any bollywood news etc sh!t ). They ll stop showing war news and ll show this new news only.

Problem is that here we are sitting on forum and read news on news paper and think that their media works like this only. We read only what we want to read. Most time our mind is already set to one image about other people . That's lead us to think bad about other country. and this is one of reason that here we have all educated people but still we are interested in talk about religion war only. But in real life when we are not online we do not give sh!it to these things..

All ethics and codes of honor and pacts and loyalties and allegiances are subservient to that to the nation.

That is paramount. Non-negotiable. Non-debatable.

Freedom of the press and the media is not absolute.

Just as freedom of expression is not.

It comes with caveats.

National interest is not a caveat.

It sits above everything else.

No, media ethics has been agreed to be so in many countries as has been ethics of doctor or a lawer.
Do you think a lawer appointed to defend kasab should knowingly weaken his case, that is blasphemy........... :)
Most nation states have agreed to abide by certain human values which might not help in national cause in certain circumstances.

I know press freedom is not absolute but at least the aim should be as much freedom as possible. A media which reports false news to protect a nation's interest are discredited anyway.
All it ends up doing is deluding people, and creating a difference between perception and reality.

No, media ethics has been agreed to be so in many countries as has been ethics of doctor or a lawer.
Do you think a lawer appointed to defend kasab should knowingly weaken his case, that is blasphemy........... :)
Most nation states have agreed to abide by certain human values which might not help in national cause in certain circumstances.

I know press freedom is not absolute but at least the aim should be as much freedom as possible.

Why are we talking about so many countries and other nation states here?

Do you national interest is decided by democratic international vote or consensus?

Indian media channels don't give air time to people like Zaid Hamid who get constant air time in Pakistani channels, who is a classic case of war monger..

What's surprising in this thread is people here always bash their media for anti-Army, anti-Pakistan news. They blame all media channels for over critical. Now they are defending these news channels. People bash Express Tribune every time they see Indians quoting ET.

Well I am not surprised at all.

Indian media channels don't give air time to people like Zaid Hamid who get constant air time in Pakistani channels.

What's surprising in this thread is people here always bash their media for anti-Army, anti-Pakistan news. They blame all media channels for over critical. Now they are defending these news channels. People bash Express Tribune every time they see Indians quoting ET.

Completely ignoring Indian audience, the Pakistani channels should air chat shows of Zaid Hamid and likes to friendly countries like China, Lanka, north korea, turkey etc with subtitles.

For more regional reach Pakistani channels should produce Pakistani-kungfu movies with chinese subtitles too. They have a bigger population and is an all weather friend. The channels , without doubt could be super-hit for sure.

Indian media channels don't give air time to people like Zaid Hamid who get constant air time in Pakistani channels, who is a classic case of war monger..

Indian media in itself is Indian version of him.

our media give airtime to Bharat Verma as well and thats what media ethics are. Give equal opportunity to all sides to air their point of view be it wrong or right.

@Zarvan If you really support this religious bigot, than people like you are a shame to humanity :angry:

Yes I support all those who stand and fight for Islam and he is doing a great job by converting people to Islam in India and Indians have always exposed their fake secularism they are proving it once again

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom