What's new

2 More User Trials of Akash by IAF Today

RPK

Reaction score
Country
India
2 More User Trials of Akash by IAF Today -The New Indian Express

Indian Air Force (IAF) personnel are likely to conduct two more user trials of surface-to-air nuclear capable Akash missile from a defence test facility off the Odisha coast on Tuesday. After the IAF trials, the missile handling wing of Indian Army has planned to carry out a series of trials of Akash.

Defence sources said during the IAF user trial, the anti-aircraft missile would target the tow body suspended from a pilot-less target aircraft (PTA) while the Army would target the Italian aircraft Mirage in a simulated coordination. The tests would be conducted from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur-on-sea.

The missile failed to destroy the target hanged down from the PTA during the test on April 23 while on April 26, Akash missile system were test-fired in two separated modes, successfully intercepting the fast moving incoming and receding manoeuvring targets respectively, towed by the unmanned target aircraft.

A source at the test range said after the failed mission when the IAF personnel reportedly warned the Akash team that they would pack up and return back, the Akash project head convened an immediate meeting where he strictly ordered the team to pull up their socks and get the system ready at any cost.

A couple of trials in 2012 had also ended in failure.However, the mission scripted a stupendous success on April 26.

Project Director G Chandramouli said all the mission objectives trials were met and the missile system had performed as expected. “It is a notable achievement that the entire equipment of sophisticated radars, control centres, launchers and ground support systems for IAF have been realised and produced in less than two years indicating the integrated capability of DRDO, DDP, inspection agency MSQAA and Indian Industry,” he said. A path has been created for continuous production of sophisticated surface-to-air missile systems in the country through this programme, he added.

This is the only paper reporting the April 23rd test as a failure...no other sources do.

Indian Air Force (IAF) personnel are likely to conduct two more user trials of surface-to-air nuclear capable Akash missile from a defence test facility off the Odisha coast on Tuesday.

A nuclear capable surface to air missile??? :woot: WTF? The warhead of the Akash is fitted with a high-explosive, pre-fragmented warhead with proximity fuse. You don't need a nuke warhead to blow up planes in the sky, for crying out loud!! Next, some idiot journalist will say the Akash is MIRV capable!! :hitwall:

Or am I missing something here? :what:

A nuclear capable surface to air missile??? :woot: WTF? The warhead of the Akash is fitted with a high-explosive, pre-fragmented warhead with proximity fuse. You don't need a nuke warhead to blow up planes in the sky, for crying out loud!! Next, some idiot journalist will say the Akash is MIRV capable!! :hitwall:

may be they will use nuke to blow up all the plans from sky at onceo_O.
probably just like a nuclear depth charge for submarines:hitwall:

Tum bhi usi beradari ke ho kya ?? Jurno :lol:
nai yaar humari aisi kismat kaha......

1555293_710192599037888_6337890140537804297_n.jpg

nai yaar humari aisi kismat kaha......

1555293_710192599037888_6337890140537804297_n.jpg

That's true and we fall for all bullshit they show. After Social media combined with NEWS channels = Pure propaganda and bull shit. Very few are there who are not sold out or make stories to influence people.

So fake them

If this is a SAM system, then it's not nuclear capable, mostly because SAMs have short range, and I don't have to mention why firing a nuke over a short range is bad.

If this is a SAM system, then it's not nuclear capable, mostly because SAMs have short range, and I don't have to mention why firing a nuke over a short range is bad.
Tactical surface to surface nukes are fine, but you don't need a nuke warhead on a surface to air missile just to knock out airplanes!! That's like smashing an eggshell with a pile driver!

I think what he reported is true.Akash has some ABM capability.this missile probably follows the approach just like Russian ABM systems like A-35 and A-135,which uses Nuclear Warhead to destroy Ballistic Missile.though,I don't know how much it is applicable for a medium ranged SAM like Akash.

read this..........

Akash was also tested in ballistic missile role and offers air defence missile coverage of 2,000 square kilometres.

It can carry conventional and nuclear warheads weighing up to 60kg. The integration of nuclear warhead allows the missile to destroy aircraft as well as warheads released from ballistic missiles. It can operate in all weather conditions.

ARDE built the nuclear warhead while HEMRL produced the propellants.

Akash Surface-to-Air Missile (SAM) System - Airforce Technology

ABM-35 was developed to counter multiple nuclear tipped ICBMs with a single high yield nuclear warhead.for Akash's case,it'll probably use tactical nuclear warhead to destroy incoming nuclear warhead in short range.

Back
Top Bottom