What's new

2 Chinese Students Fatally Shot in L.A.

I'd say that's good practice for a med student.

True. Joy riders aside, most carjacking ends up in a chop-shop so the parts with blood can be cleaned or tossed aside.

I wish I could drive a Beemer. The problem with Asian culture is, what I call, reckless flaunting of wealth. I personally like to hide my wealth to avoid getting rolled in some dark alley. Although seeing kids getting killed saddens me, I agree with ChineseTiger1986 that if these kids belonged to corrupt officials (who have yet to face justice) then Sayonara fools.

If this is a hate crime, you'll have to pull a million man protest march (à la Trayvon Martin) or some huge campaign to get anything done. Otherwise, good luck with getting any form of justice. With China in the spot light, don't be surprised to see a rise in hate crimes.

There is one other possibility, these kids could be involved in the drug trade and were specifically targeted. Where I live, it's the Vietnamese that are heavily involved in the drug trade driving around in expensive cars and occasionally getting whacked.

they're not involved in crime, because Chinese exchange students have very low crime rates and they're studying electrical engineering, not exactly a major where you have time to be cruising around looking for trouble. Also, to be a criminal the way you're saying takes long periods of time and connections - the victims have been here only 2 years. Most of the Vietnamese you're talking about are Vietnamese-Canadians, not pure Vietnamese.

Hell no man. It's all good here in NYC.

I remember watching this video a few months ago and I was laughing so hard. I was like this is the standard of UCLA?

At my school(NYU), nobody would dare make such idiotic and racist statements.

Before seeing the video, I had thought California was a lot more liberal.

Not representative. UCLA is an awesome school.

Last edited by a moderator:
If their parents are corrupted, they know those money are dirty and still use them happily, they are as guilty as their parents. By the age of college enrollment, they should already tell right or wrong long time ago.

If they belong to the 2nd scenario, well, screw them. I have zero pity towards those S.O.B.s. Subhuman is still a good term. I would rather consider them blood-sucking termites towards the whole Chinese people.

They steal money from the general Chinese and from our country. They can rot in hell.

dude. They are Chinese. We have to be united. Are corrupt officials subhumans? Are they not parents? I'm not supporting corrupt officials, but we don't know, and even if they were, how are their children guilty?

First, USC's graduate program is quite good and is not that easy to get in. Its certain Ph.D. programs are even better and very hard to get in as well.

Second, he already discuss the matter in two different scenarios and you seem that you did not even read his comments well.

Here's the thing: It's very easy to get into USC and very hard to get into UCLA.

We don't know yet, but you know, what we think is corrupt, might not be corrupt, and who are actually corrupt may not look like it. The empirical facts are, in my school, there's only 2 people out of 400, who I think even have the slightest possibility of coming from corrupt families.

Many CA cities have a lot of Chinese population as well as other asian populations, I am not sure whether your comment is true. Indeed most tech firms are on west coast and investment banking on east coast.

Traditionally, investment banking has less Chinese on top and indeed is more racist-prone.

West Coast in general is pretty racist towards the Chinese. We have no such problem on the East Coast though.

If their parents are corrupted, they know those money are dirty and still use them happily, they are as guilty as their parents. By the age of college enrollment, they should already tell right or wrong long time ago.

If they belong to the 2nd scenario, well, screw them. I have zero pity towards those S.O.B.s. Subhuman is still a good term. I would rather consider them blood-sucking termites towards the whole Chinese people.

They steal money from the general Chinese and from our country. They can rot in hell.

First, USC's graduate program is quite good and is not that easy to get in. Its certain Ph.D. programs are even better and very hard to get in as well.

Second, he already discuss the matter in two different scenarios and you seem that you did not even read his comments well.

Many CA cities have a lot of Chinese population as well as other asian populations, I am not sure whether your comment is true. Indeed most tech firms are on west coast and investment banking on east coast.

Traditionally, investment banking has less Chinese on top and indeed is more racist-prone.

They are not grad students, they are 20 years old, undergrads.

2nd, some of USC programs can be paid to get in.

they're not involved in crime, because Chinese exchange students have very low crime rates and they're studying electrical engineering, not exactly a major where you have time to be cruising around looking for trouble. Also, to be a criminal the way you're saying takes long periods of time and connections - the victims have been here only 2 years.

I'm not denying your scenario. For all we know, these guys could be part time dealers and someone took offensive for them working on their turf.

Most of the Vietnamese you're talking about are Vietnamese-Canadians, not pure Vietnamese.

While I understand painting everyone with the same brush isn't a good thing, my experience and perception is my reality. BTW, not all immigrants are as clean as they say they are.

LA is a very weird place. Both USC and UCI are rich schools right next to gangland headquarters. Take one wrong turn and you're screwed.

I became friends with an ex-gang member and he showed me around some of these neighborhoods. Some places there are guys literally standing guard with semi-automatics.

Why all these things happen in American Universities?

At my Uni (UWaterloo), approx. half of the students i see are Asians. No one (from other race) comes around in jealousy to kill them,whether they drive BMW, smoke Weed, or are studying in best programs...

LA is a very weird place. Both USC and UCI are rich schools right next to gangland headquarters. Take one wrong turn and you're screwed.

I became friends with an ex-gang member and he showed me around some of these neighborhoods. Some places there are guys literally standing guard with semi-automatics.

UCI is actually in one of the nicest, best neighborhoods in Los Angeles.

I'm not denying your scenario. For all we know, these guys could be part time dealers and someone took offensive for them working on their turf.

While I understand painting everyone with the same brush isn't a good thing, my experience and perception is my reality. BTW, not all immigrants are as clean as they say they are.

they're not immigrants though. there's a big difference between impoverished Vietnamese refugees, and rich Chinese exchange students driving BMWs.

Irvine is right next to Santa Ana, which is the gang headquarters for most of Orange County.

UCI is very far away from that. I'm in UCI right now. It is the richest place I've ever seen. It's almost as safe as China.

Heard this on the news a few days ago. USC is in an incredibly bad neighborhood. May the deceased rest in peace.

USC is for rich kids. A favorite T-shirt at USC is "My maid goes to UCLA".

I personally do not like the personality of USC Chinese students, but it was still sad that they got shot. I hope this serves as a reminder to people in China as well: you can't take your wealth with you to the grave.

Back
Top Bottom