What's new

1965 War: The Wrong Lessons

The most important piece of history in Pakistan is this jeep.

The abandended Jeep bearing Divisional Flag and starts belonged to Major General Narinjan parsad, Commander 25 Indian Diviosion.

This supposed to have been driving through Lahore and with the prade of Indian army but thank god it didn't.

^^

Pristine condition only the head light is dameged it was probably not Pakistani army's fault.

John,

Please google for 1965 war,you can use neutral sources, you will get the real answers. If I post some pictures here, which contradicts their point, they will cry anti-india and blasphemy. This thread is good for jingo's not people who want to get intelligence. 1965 is best summed up Niaz sir's posts in this thread. It is a comedy of Errors and blind luck on both sides. Op Gilbertar is the starting of the war.

John,

Please google for 1965 war,you can use neutral sources, you will get the real answers. If I post some pictures here, which contradicts their point, they will cry anti-india and blasphemy. This thread is good for jingo's not people who want to get intelligence. 1965 is best summed up Niaz sir's posts in this thread. It is a comedy of Errors and blind luck on both sides. Op Gilbertar is the starting of the war.

Actually I disagree with your point Adux.
If TJ wants to discuss a picture posted I will happily discuss what is posted. However even you have been known to burst into flames over a "slur" to India whether real or imagined.
Discuss the issue at hand rather than the inflammatory posts. Otherwise it just turns into he said /I said.

There is one thing I have noticed here and other places South asia seems to breed a lot of patriotism but not it seems wisdom.....must be the climate.

Remember as Oscar Wilde said "patriotism is the virtue of the vicious"

Actually I disagree with your point Adux.
If TJ wants to discuss a picture posted I will happily discuss what is posted. However even you have been known to burst into flames over a "slur" to India whether real or imagined.
Discuss the issue at hand rather than the inflammatory posts. Otherwise it just turns into he said /I said.

There is one thing I have noticed here and other places South asia seems to breed a lot of patriotism but not it seems wisdom.....must be the climate.

Remember as Oscar Wilde said "patriotism is the virtue of the vicious"

Those tanks look like they were damaged in battle. Is that the issue? or am I missing the boat? From what I have read about the 1965 war it certainly was a comedy of errors from both sides. While the top generals were bad planners, on each side the junior officers and soldiers were the true heros of the day/s.

I have got used to the jingoism that emmanates from both sides. Must be the curry!:D

Keys,

I didnt know John was talking in reference to you ? I was taking shots at other people..lol
When you have statements such as India won 1 battle, the rest all pakistan won, to me is hilarious. Its not about the slur problem, Its about people over here trying to getting to admit and submit rather than find out and discuss and then maybe pass judgements. Threads are not made in the spirit of discussion rather the intent is to incite. For them I should not say India is solving the problems, just always keep saying India and Indians are creatures of evil, HIV spreading, poverty stricken etc.

Exactly, Like depicted in Indian Movie Munnabhai, The tourist always wants to see the poor, down trodden India and not the one which is solving its problems, which i have to say are many and horrendously big. Well if India looses its poverty and becomes developed, then where will the tourist go for their retreats...lol

I think that the issue emanates from the idea that captured tanks equals some sort of cowardice or incompetence. However even the best armies in the world in different points in history has had to abandon tanks. (The German tank units in WW2 or even U.S. units in Iraq).

Keys,

I didnt know John was talking in reference to you ? I was taking shots at other people..lol
When you have statements such as India won 1 battle, the rest all pakistan won, to me is hilarious. Its not about the slur problem, Its about people over here trying to getting to admit and submit rather than find out and discuss and then maybe pass judgements. Threads are not made in the spirit of discussion rather the intent is to incite. For them I should not say India is solving the problems, just always keep saying India and Indians are creatures of evil, HIV spreading, poverty stricken etc.

Exactly, Like depicted in Indian Movie Munnabhai, The tourist always wants to see the poor, down trodden India and not the one which is solving its problems, which i have to say are many and horrendously big. Well if India looses its poverty and becomes developed, then where will the tourist go for their retreats...lol

Yeah there have been a rash of that type of thread, but as someone who has been here a while you should know it is just a phase.

Yeah there have been a rash of that type of thread, but as someone who has been here a while you should know it is just a phase.

I gotta give you for patience, Cuz i lack that in a very big way. I try to reason, they are so thickheaded...

ps: how old are you? what part of UK are you from?

I gotta give you for patience, Cuz i lack that in a very big way. I try to reason, they are so thickheaded...

ps: how old are you? what part of UK are you from?

I was not always so patient I did lose my temper with a few knuckle heads a while back:lol: but have realised that it is a waste of time.

33 from London

I was not always so patient I did lose my temper with a few knuckle heads a while back:lol: but have realised that it is a waste of time.

33 from London

Cheers mate. Londoners accents are easier to understand:tup:
I have seen people from newcastle speak in an accent that is certainly not from earth!!

Offtopic,

Try Glaswegians, The first day in Glasgow, I told the lady in Mcdonalds, I know it is English you are speaking and I know English, but I cant understand anything ..I feel so helpless..

back to topic..this is a very good topic

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom