What's new

11 Feb '13: Pakistan conducts test fires of two Hatf-IX Nasr BRBMs

If, by silos, you mean hardened storage facilities, then Pakistan does have them. But they cannot launch missiles from those facilities.
I think you are being very biased. Pakistan already has loads (relatively) of SRBMs and MRBMs for strategic purposes.

I am not being biased. I am just trying to understand the use of a nuke capable missile for a tactical purpose. You said that Nasr allows rapid mobilization, a nuke missile silo(which allows you to launch directly) will be much more beneficial in this regard as Nasr will always have higher chances of interception than medium range missile. If there is any advantage of Nasr, please enlighten me.

Then build silos. Any of your medium range missile has a better chance of hitting India than this shitty Nasr ever will. I doubt with such a low range it will ever reach Mach 3-5.

You do realize that MRBM can hit India but you don't realize the purpose of NASR, irony! Say hello to Nasr, a tactical nuke!

You do realize that MRBM can hit India but you don't realize the purpose of NASR, irony! Say hello to Nasr, a tactical nuke!

A nuke is a nuke.... India responds with the second strike which will be massive and cause unacceptable damage!

I am not being biased. I am just trying to understand the use of a nuke capable missile for a tactical purpose. You said that Nasr allows rapid mobilization, a nuke missile silo(which allows you to launch directly) will be much more beneficial in this regard as Nasr will always have higher chances of interception than medium range missile. If there is any advantage of Nasr, please enlighten me.

Nasr is specifically designed for cold start doctrine of India.

All hints indicate that this is intended as a "rain of fire" type defense missile which will launch tens of tactical missiles simultaneous assuming that some of them will miss the anti-missile defense and will reach their target.

Nasr has its own role. MRBMs have their own.

If Pakistan builds silos, they would have to be VERY hardened against strikes and thus, VERY detectable by satellites. It would be simply announcing to the whole world the locations of our nuclear weapons.

I already told you the purpose of Nasr. Now it depends on you; whether you want to see as an advantage or disadvantage of Pakistan.

I'll quote here the very first ISPR release about this weapon:
The missile has been developed to add deterrence value to Pakistan‘s Strategic Weapons Development programme at shorter ranges. NASR, with a range of 60 km, carries nuclear warheads of appropriate yield with high accuracy, shoot and scoot attributes. This quick response system addresses the need to deter evolving threats.

Do you know anything about nuclear radiations? If Hatf Nasr alone can defeat India... then why crying all the time to US and UN to mediate in Kashmir talks!

I just pictured the extreme case, nevermind and in civilized world if issues can resolve on table then why go for Blood shed.

Ohh!!..if we launch a full scale retaliation against Pakistan(in response to Pakistan launching a TNM), we fully expect Pakistan to launch a second strike, that is why our initial nuclear strike will be against your missile basses, launch sites and command centers...to severely limit your second strike capabilities.

And absence of SLBMs ..does not give Pakistan an assured second strike capability, in case its land based assets are compromised in Indian first strike.

It works like this, as soon as the order goes out to fire a tactical nuke, expect the Command and Control Centre to issue the order to start assembling our strategic nukes. If we see the Indians mating their strategic nukes, expect the PA planners to have their fingers on the nuke triggers. If we see Indian nukes on our radar screens, expect the PA to launch our nukes immediately. Thus, its your call, do you want to loose an entire division or your entire country as PA can now mount more than one hundred nukes.

Pakistan is developing Babur SLCM to be launched via the 533mm torpedo tubes of submarines.

Babur being by the fact that it is a cruise missile, will always be limited by its range, dimensions and size of warhead it can carry.
At present it can carry 300 Kg Warhead ..yield of such a warhead will only be slight better than a Tactical nuclear weapons... giving only few kilotons..unsuitable for large cities.

Have you read No First use doctrine of India?

Read my previous post. It is upto India whether she wants to loose a division or an entire country. If the Indians would want to escalate the conflict with a strategic strike, i am sure PA will happily oblige by unloading all of her strategic arsenal on India. Result: Complete annihilation of South Asia, but don't worry, you will be safe in San Jose.

All hints indicate that this is intended as a "rain of fire" type defense missile which will launch tens of tactical missiles simultaneous assuming that some of them will miss the anti-missile defense and will reach their target.

So what stops India to find and destroy the 'rain of fire' type missiles's launcher with its cruise missiles before it launches the first drop!

Read my previous post. It is upto India whether she wants to loose a division or an entire country. If the Indians would want to escalate the conflict with a strategic strike, i am sure PA will happily oblige by unloading all of her strategic arsenal on India. Result: Complete annihilation of South Asia, but don't worry, you will be safe in San Jose.

:-) What makes you think that you will be the first to release the strategic nukes! Why do you think that we will give you time till you explode all nukes... So what are our ABM's are for? And what makes you think that the Americans and Russian will be silent to your trigger happy action?

Any tactical Nuke usage will escalate to full fledged nuclear war.

Whole point of using Nasr would be to nullify armored and mechanized divisions that must have been gathered somewhere near Pakistan border. Looking at Nasr's range, 60KM tells us the story that when Nasr would be used, Indian mechanized decisions would be fairly close to Pakistan border. Do you think that will be happening at the time of peace? I think not. If your concern is firing a Nuke would trigger war then bringing mechanized divisions to border would probably not?

Back
Top Bottom