What's new

Zardari Buys $140m apartment complex

the sad part is to most pakistanis! this is no big deal! corruption of our leaders is almost acceptable nowadays! except few murmur's nothing more!!

no call for overthrowing government! no move by media to pressurize the leader to resign! infact people are getting fond of MR.10%!!

the sad part is people have decided if you can't beat them join them!!! and at every level JISKO MOKAA MILAA usnaay kii corruption!

What is so special about it? He used his own money to buy!

If he is disgusting then apparently half of Pakistan is because I don't see reduction in people's expenses. A lot of people are still buying expensive cars, Jewellery, Cell Phones etc. If Nation cannot behave her self, how can her leader. A leader is only a reflection of the people he is leading.

I live in london. There are no flats worth 140 million£.So unl BROUGHT THE WHOLE STREET, THE FIGURE IS LIKELY TO BE WRONG.Imust amphasize that I am no fan of this corrupt man, but figures quoted must have a semblance of reality.
Araz

I live in london. There are no flats worth 140 million£.So unl BROUGHT THE WHOLE STREET, THE FIGURE IS LIKELY TO BE WRONG.Imust amphasize that I am no fan of this corrupt man, but figures quoted must have a semblance of reality.
Araz

House comes equipped with entirely bullet-proof windows, a panic room, and Special Air Service security guards, making it a seemingly perfect getaway for an increasingly unpopular leader known for his paranoia. :cheers:

A recent article published by The News, one of Pakistan’s premier newspapers, has confirmed that President Asif Ali Zardari is indeed the proud owner of an auspicious new Hyde Park Penthouse following a suggestion to investigate the issue made by journalist Shaheen Sehbai printed in the same paper just days earlier.
Sold at a record-breaking 140 million (nearly $216 million), the six-bedroom apartment comes equipped with entirely bullet-proof windows, a panic room, and Special Air Service security guards, making it a seemingly perfect getaway for an increasingly unpopular leader known for his paranoia.As terribly ironic a tale as it might be for Zardari to acquire yet another residence as millions of his countrymen lose theirs, the whole thing seems too-good-to-be-true for the majority of Pakistanis who look unfavorably upon Zardari’s leadership. It’s also a bit curious that no other news sources, Pakistani or otherwise, have picked up the story.

Incidentally, Sehbai, who has been rebuked by Pakistan Media Watch for strategic fictionalizing of such accounts in the past. The journalist also has a bone to pick with Zardari, having been denied a much-desired ambassadorship by the President which makes one wonder about the credibility of this latest bit of inflammatory reportage against him.
Although the identity of the buyer has been deemed a “closely-guarded secret” by the UK’s Telegraph, many frustrated Pakistanis have been quick to equate the purchase of this prime real-estate to Zardari. Hugely criticized for embarking on a European “joyride” as flood waters swelled across Pakistan, the fact that Zardari was in London around the time of the sale may be evidence enough for malcontents.
In a statement published not in any Pakistani media outlet, but in the Wall Street Journal, Zardari disregarded criticism for his two week hiatus. Citing his decision as a move for “substance over symbolism,” the South Asian leader held that meetings with British Prime Minister David Cameron and French President Nicolas Sarkozy brought added international attention and aid to disaster relief efforts. Even if this line is to be believed, far less defensible is the President’s stop at his 16th Century Normandy chateau, which only cast additional light on Zardari’s keen interest not in European aid for the millions made homeless by the tidal wave sweeping his country, but in the European housing market.
As likely as the story might seem, there are additional motives to consider when weighing in on the veracity of the Hyde Park Apartment claim. Aside from Sehbai’s own personal vendetta, The Jang Group, parent company of English-language The News and Urdu-language Jang, has recently come under fire in the Pakistani blogosphere for lauding the military’s role in flood relief in an effort to fan flames of dissent against the current ruling Pakistan Peoples Party and its hugely unpopular figurehead.
Already widely known as Mr. Ten Percent for his habit of skimming government moneys for personal use developed during his late wife Benazir Bhutto’s administration, the rampant rumors around this latest entry into Zardari’s list of addresses are one thing, but without any demonstrable proof the confirmation of these rumors remains questionable, even if they are not altogether uncharacteristic of the president’s antics. If the story is a false account, it will only prove a willingness of one of Pakistan’s most revered media outlets to twist the truth for political appeal, in other words, enter into the same sort of occupational corruption it tries to hold the government responsible for.

Can we get some reference post the news ? with actual web reference it would be good to build up a good case against him and forward it to Cheif Justice

With a house like that one can with stand a zombie epidemic, but he is forgetting the fact that when the death will come it will get him even if he goes hiding in to the inner core at the earths center. However, he is not the only corrupt one. All are intoxicated & they do similar ills depending upon their reach, even in schools a 10th grade teacher doesn't hesitate to deprive the students of their rights, How can you lay down principles of ethics & morality for some one like zardari who is accountable to no law or court........................ There is a dire need to eliminate corruption from grassroots level first. Every Ramadan prices of food items soar & people are still blaming one man for their misfortunes........:disagree:
I have never seen people of Pakistan protesting against prices skyrocketing during Ramadan or for demanding more dams/water reservoirs.......... why????? oh yeah, they can just riot when BB dies & vote for her infamous party people.

Last edited:
^ I am not a fan of this man but the fact of the matter is that people of Pakistan have found one person to blame for their own misdeeds. People of Pakistan are not willing to realize (even after so many natural and political disasters) that the evil resides in them and not in any politician (Zardari or Musharaf) or country( India or USA)

Yaar I seriously pity Manmohan Singh. Such a sensible guy has had to interact with such a buffoon and that too on such serious issues as Kashmir etc.:lol:

Where did he buy this flat. A flat at 140m seems a bit too exaggerated. For this kind of money one could buy a Palace. The zero at the end seems not quite right. But at least Zardari leaves the rest of 90% for the country.
Problem is your Army because Indian Politician are way more corrupt than this.
If Zardari is worth 5 billion dollars. A Raja our Telecom Minister just caused us loss of 15 billion dollars(70,000crores) in just one go.

Supreme Court issues notice to A Raja over alleged 2G scam

Last edited:
I seriously pity Manmohan Singh. Such a sensible guy has had to interact with such a buffoon and that too on such serious issues as Kashmir etc

Seriously, a huge majority of Pakistanis would agree with you.

Now this small time idiot, is in the big leagues, he positioned junior to take over his "inheritance" - all the while his sisters marriages to the Talpurs is awakening that dead family to assume leadership in first soujthern Balouchistan.

Seriously, a huge majority of Pakistanis would agree with you.

Now this small time idiot, is in the big leagues, he positioned junior to take over his "inheritance" - all the while his sisters marriages to the Talpurs is awakening that dead family to assume leadership in first soujthern Balouchistan.

Perhaps he thinks of himself as the Shahenshah (emperor) of Pak.:lol: Nevermind, when Pak Army kicks his behinds, he'll come back to his senses then.

Till then......what can you do?

I am also looking to sell one of my flats.

Is Mr. Zardari interested?

I am not too greedy so 100 million pounds is OK for me.

Woww Multi million Pounds Apt in London.
Zardari is sure a noble man, I really envy him.
It would be nice to see him in power for a loooong time.
God bless him:angel:

Back
Top Bottom