What's new

Your favorite English songs

Or Buoy's "Give up your guns" from the good ole eighties?

Last edited by a moderator:
Eric, Derek Trucks, and Doyle Bramhall gave Steve a moment to shine on his own and, BOY, does he as he dusts off this old TRAFFIC classic and just SIZZLES on the ol' Fender axe.

I LOVE the guy. Probably just over sixty and his vocal, guitar, and keyboards chops are still oh soooo intact. This might be the ultimate version of Dear Mr. Fantasy. Enjoy as there ain't a note wasted here-

for the different breed on this forum s-2,ratus,fatman, murdak......

for the different breed on this forum s-2,ratus,fatman, murdak......

The issue with the current generation is that they are old before they have been young.
We "Our generation" grew up, did things and will never grow old, we don’t know how to.
So we will die before we ever manage to get old.

We live, love and enjoy life and things that the 'now generation' keeps telling us they discovered. Rubbish!
These things were nerve lost.

To Our Generation :cheers:

:enjoy:

another fav band with that feeling. the smiths

------------
another song from one of the coolest band - of its era : the Clash

A song totally suitable for this - forum .

played it last night at my friend's place- here goes for - ya' all.

EVE OF DESTRUCTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You’re old enough to kill, but not for votin.......

Think of all the hate there is in Red China.....

Then take a look around to Selma, Alabama....

Ah, you may leave here, for four days in space, but when you return, it's the same old place.............

Yeah, well I feel like dancin' so if any of the chicks here wanna get sweaty and shake it a bit here's a few that'll gitterdun for me startin' with my Stevie Winwood thingy again from twenty years ago.

Might as well have been forty though cause you can feel the STAX Records humidity and the (sexual) heat here on the dance line and there's a world-class bass line that just propels this mutha along. Roll With It (Baby) -

and then a much-maligned Aussie band (never met an aussie yet who liked these guys), INXS, but New Sensation gets me up outta my rocking chair still...

You've got to jump to the 2:18 mark to avoid the conversation lead-in but after four disabled embeddings of this video I've FINALLY found one that sticks...

...and now S-2 can rock his clock...:agree:

Tasty offering by The Smiths. Really evocative and unique sound.

Here's a great cover by SMITH from 1969 of the Luther Dixon/Burt Bacharach hit. Done first by the Shirelles (a hit), then the Beatles (a hit), THIS version went the highest on the charts, hitting #5...and IMHO, it's the best.

Gayle McCormick on vocals and she rips it up-

No. That's not Ron Jeremy on organ...:lol: Cameos by William Holden and Kim Novak from PICNIC (1955).

The doors:

I'm here without you baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you baby and I dream about you all the time

EYE OF THE TIGER!!!!!!! how can people not like this song regardless of age!!!!

this one goes to all the old school cool guys!!!!!!
was listening to gratefuldead since morning.

...and one for the kiddies...

It's an amateur shot and I love the way the video overexposures with the lights. When the lights are down, this kid's got it right. Great sound, hot tune, awesome performance...

s-2 - that right there is my all time fav. band , been to their live shows - 14 times.
i can play them on my guitar even when i am deep asleep.
---
great one - i love the concept of not going mtv with a cheesy video. - when you listening to pearl jam you dont need to see - you get the visual in your head.
--------------------------------

here goes my reply to your song s-2. this one is one my fav by pearl jam.
a single - by - eddie vedder, gossard , Mc-cready and jeff ament.

s-2, Man you are true rock-fan. listen it from there to here.

Back
Top Bottom