What's new

Would India take Afghan refugees from Pakistan?

Would India take Afghan refugees from Pakistan?

• Total voters
@Pak-one @Hyperion - Waisee why haven't you Pukhtoons been able to use your common ethnicity, culture & fraternal links to win over Afghan Refugees in favor of Pakistan ? Perhaps living with us as Brothers & then when they go back to Afghanistan looking out for our Strategic Interests & asking us to look after their Strategic Interests instead of the 21 Gun Salute that usually comes from Kabul ? :unsure:

The educated Afghans didnt stay much longer in pakistan...........they enjoyed shelter in pakistan and then sought refuge in western countries.
Times have changed , an educated and liberal Afghan (i am talking about pashtuns) hates Pakistani pashtuns more than any one, they dont listen to us neither they are thankful to us.....They think we have betrayed them and that we count in urdu. Any pakistani pashtun in Afghanistan without proper document is given hospitality by afghan police by punches and kicks. They are revengeful people and they seek revenge from us just because Peshawari police used to harass them for rishwat in peshawer.

They can try their romance with Indians but they need to remember that they are dependent on Pakistan for every thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Afghans, Bad Afghans?

Yes. Afghans who are born in Pakistan or have stayed in Afghanistan for more then a year are not our problem. Any Afghan wishing to seek refuge from Afghanistan is welcome. No Pakistani Afghans.

When the US leaves and IF Taliban comes back to power will India take any steps to stabilize Afghanistan??If it does what might be those steps?

Why not? If they needed to take refuge in India, we should do it.. But like acetophenol said, we should work on rebuilding their country. Its time for them to go home rather than living in another country as second class citizens..India should help whatever she can to help them in this regard..

As for accepting them, in real terms I am not sure it will be possible.. First Pakistan wont kick them out because for them, they are another strategic asset to regain control over Afghanistan and I am not sure whether most of them wanted to come to India because for them, it easy to travel to their country from Pakistan rather than India..High chances are they will prefer Iran because they too share border with Afghanistan..

Even if India would want to, how would they take all of them?

3 million people shifting from one end of the country to the other is no mean task, especially through a formal border.

I personally think they won't.

Do not worry.. We all know it wont be happening.. Its just that our beloved @Aeronaut is taking us for a ride here.. :lol:

But they are your best friends Sir, you should be nice to them - no?

@Aeronaut: There are no best friends in international arena. Just allys. Accepting refugees will bring unwanted trouble to us. On the other hand,the right thing to do is help them rebuild their country.

Again you are expecting Pakistan to be rewarded for its mis-adventurisms.

You must have know that "Karma is a *itch", you have to live with it and don't expect any short cuts.

We have already 1.2 billion people. Our country will crumble if we keep on adding more and more people.

Nice plan to kill us in an indirect way ;)

Bdw we do not have any problems, if Afghans come here to study or work. But transferring 3 million refugees. Kidding or what ?

It's not even a feasible option. :D. It's like another partition.

People migrate in mass to neighboring countries sharing borders, as it's convenient. That's why so many Afghans migrated to Pakistan, in mass, due to security concerns in Afghanistan. I think we the neighboring countries should help Afghanistan to prosper, so that they can return to their own country and live peacefully there.
@Aeronaut.... Plz approve the post!!

Even if India would want to, how would they take all of them?

3 million people shifting from one end of the country to the other is no mean task, especially through a formal border.

I personally think they won't.

You personally think India wont??? !! Lets make it general rather then personal.. We wont.. To begin with What is brotherly love??? Its interest thats all .. if a country is close to another its for its benefits nothing more nothing less... You have Afgan to deal with and we have Bangladeshi.. We will work on our interest so should you..

I want to know why is Pakistan trying to throw out the poor refugees from its country !! ??

We already have thousands of Afghans living in Delhi.

Near the Afghan consulate, it actually looks as if we are in Afghanistan (a better version considering the current situation of Afghanistan).

You destroyed their country. Why don't you help them at least this way?

If you hadn't created Taliban, they'd still have been a prospering country.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom