What's new

Work on Rs. 800 crore terminal at Cochin Airport to begin

Repeat, third and last time. Kannur itself is irrelevant, it is for the whole region. It is a region where millions of people work in the gulf. Calicut and Cochin cannot cope up with the traffic anymore. It will hugely improve efficiency to create a new airport. It is also infrastructure, just like roads and ports. Stop giving me stories of unused airports in Agartala or Jalgaon, it is irrelevant. Northern Kerala is very different. Millions and milions of people have to fly from and to that place every year.

There are also unused roads in some places, so should we stop building roads everywhere?

" Millions and millions of people have to fly every year " ...seems rather fancy exaggeration to me.

anyway ...I pray that you are proven correct and I am proven wrong ...and that the air port will bring more money to people and region than that was put in first place . and that we don't have to bear sight of 800 crore worth white elephant ...

We are not talking about Mumbai , Delhi ...we are talking about Kannur .. !

I didnt start the thread :P

But you had audacity to tell me " Don't worry about us ...something which we reserve normally for outsiders and foreigners !!!

Do you consider yourself separate from India ???

" Millions and millions of people have to fly every year " ...seems rather fancy exaggeration to me.

anyway ...I pray that you are proven correct and I am proven wrong ...and that the air port will bring more money to people and region than that was put in first place . and that we don't have to bear sight of 800 crore worth white elephant ...

And that is the reason that your concerns are misplaced, because you are ignorant of the reality. Cochin airport itself flew close to 5 MILLION passengers last year. It was the fourth busiest international airport in the country. And despite this, most people from Kerala could not fly directly to Kerala, but had to fly into other international airports and then travel to Kerala. They are hoping to be able to handle 10 million passengers a year in future.

Yes, it is a fact that millions and millions have to fly in and out of that part. And these numbers are only going to increase. That is why I asked you to stop comparing with other places, because you really don't know much about the place you are expressing concern for.

There are also unused roads in some places, so should we stop building roads everywhere?

If building and maintaining roads cost as much as it costs building and maintaining air ports ...then yes !!!

Unfortunately we should not compare apples with oranges ....so stop making such erroneous comparisons ...

I am not against Kannur having air port or new terminal .. I am against the 800 crores price tag for air port in small city with just 1.5 million population with 3 international airports already catering to the region !

And that is the reason that your concerns are misplaced, because you are ignorant of the reality. Cochin airport itself flew close to 5 MILLION passengers last year. It was the fourth busiest international airport in the country. And despite this, most people from Kerala could not fly directly to Kerala, but had to fly into other international airports and then travel to Kerala. They are hoping to be able to handle 10 million passengers a year in future.

Yes, it is a fact that millions and millions have to fly in and out of that part. And these numbers are only going to increase. That is why I asked you to stop comparing with other places, because you really don't know much about the place you are expressing concern for.

Cochin is a commercial capital of Kerala .

and Kannur is not Cochin....
what hold true for Cochin need not hold true for Kannur ...!

stop making such ignorant comparisons just to support your arguments .

Last edited:
Cochin is a commercial capital of Kerala .

and Kannur is not Cochin....
what hold true for Cochin need not hold true for Kannur ...!

stop making such ignorant comparisons just to support your arguments .

Seriously, the only person appearing ignorant here is you. I'm sorry but I cant keep repeating it all day, that Kannur city is irrelevant, traffic is from the entire state.

Seriously, the only person appearing ignorant here is you. I'm sorry but I cant keep repeating it all day, that Kannur city is irrelevant, traffic is from the entire state.

Yes .why not ? we can even say since we have built 800 crores worth terminal let us channelize traffick to whole India through Kannur ....

That way we will be justified with such investment . right ?

We should make all flights coming to India no matter what is the destination to stop at Kannur . Let us make right use of our resources ...!!!

Yes .why not ? we can even say since we have built 800 crores worth terminal let us channelize traffick to whole India through Kannur ....

That way we will be justified with such investment . right ?

We should make all flights coming to India no matter what is the destination to stop at Kannur . Let us make right use of our resources ...!!!

As explained several times, Kerala itself has more than enough traffic to make the investment worthwhile. Adieu.

As explained several times, Kerala itself has more than enough traffic to make the investment worthwhile. Adieu.

We will see ...and time will tell whether 800 crores spent were fully worth it .

Bye and take care .

But you had audacity to tell me " Don't worry about us ...something which we reserve normally for outsiders and foreigners !!!

Do you consider yourself separate from India ???

No, but some things must be decided by the people of the involved town, state.

No, but some things must be decided by the people of the involved town, state.

who denied that right ?

but by saying , Don't worry about us ...you take away my right to even express my opinion !

worse your statement smacks of arrogance by which you mean it is our matter and you don't have to poke your nose in ...

If it is local matter it should be confined locally ...what is the need to show off on International Defense forum ???

and if at all it has been posted to such forum that means it has been open to scrutiny by all and sundry ...

If you want things to be decided by the people of the involved town and state ..keep it at that level only !!!

Don't rake it up on International Defense Forum ....and if you have done it then take the varied opinions expressed into your strides rather than attacking them .

Kannur my city :yahoo:

There already is Calicut international airport to serve the region besides ...Mangalore airport which is just 173 km away .

Kannur which is not some big tourist place ...

I do not see where the hell traffic is going to come from ....

Theyyam.jpg

How dare you.

Calicut International Airport operates 2.5 million and cochin operates 4.7 million passenger,a bulk of them are from three districts kannur,kasargod,malapuram. New airport will be a big relief for us.BTW this is an international one,never come to your white elephant list. Update your GK and learn more about kerala. kannur kaatittilla polum:angry:

Kannur my city :yahoo:

Theyyam.jpg

How dare you.

Calicut International Airport operates 2.5 million and cochin operates 4.7 million passenger,a bulk of them are from three districts kannur,kasargod,malapuram. New airport will be a big relief for us.BTW this is an international one,never come to your white elephant list. Update your GK and learn more about kerala. kannur kaatittilla polum:angry:

Read my previous posts ..I just said that I pray that it indeed does not turn out to be white elephant ...

I am updating my GK about Kerala ... but Kannur is not Mumbai , Delhi , Kolkata ,Hyderabad , Bangalore , Chennai or even Cochin.

I hope you will agree with me ...

Great airport infrastructure is coming up in Kerala-keep going-nice know that many mega projects are implemented at a faster rate-the credit goes to Chief Minister Oommen Chandy.

Back
Top Bottom