What's new

With eye on exports, Tejas on display in Bahrain air show

You say that like they had a choice... The only people willing to help them were the Russians, but they were having their own problems at the time... you know soviet collapse and all. The Tejas might not be the prettiest or best aircraft but as long as it's better than the Mig-21 (even by a hair), it was worth it for them. Now moving into the future you think their next jet will take 30 years to design/develop? I sure as hell see them creating their own jets from here on out. But they have the same problem the Chinese do, they don't know how to create efficient jet engines (which is where the MRCA deal comes in, I'm assuming the Frenchies are giving them the know-how on the Snecma M-88 core).

Will the J-10 and JF-17's be joining the Tejas?

Unlike the Chinese air force which will induct anything, even a half-baked product like the J-10, the Indians want the best product they can get (similar to the US Air Force methodology). You think the PLAAF has a choice in what it gets? No, they take whatever the Government tells them to take.

China develop their stealth fighter jet can't compare to the Tejas capacity and it fine craftsmanship, reasons for Tejas delay because Tejas have the true game changer potential in a 20 century warfare, Tejas need at least 30 yrs to incorporate all the state of the art technology from other country if the final production of Tejas induct into India air force, India air force will be unbeatable force in the world.

there pitch is are you interested in buying something that we will make and it will look like this

China develop their stealth fighter jet can't compare to the Tejas capacity and it fine craftsmanship, reasons for Tejas delay because Tejas have the true game changer potential in a 20 century warfare, Tejas need at least 30 yrs to incorporate all the state of the art technology from other country if the final production of Tejas induct into India air force, India air force will be unbeatable force in the world.

In English next time please, I don't speak Chinglish.

You smell like curry flavor that would give away all the hint your an Indian immigrant in the US.

That'd be awesome... except I'm not Indian, hate to burst you bubble. BTW are the racist rants really necessary?

That'd be awesome... except I'm not Indian, hate to burst you bubble. BTW are the racist rants really necessary?
The ring worms in their daily diet of porcine meat does that to them.

Unlike the Chinese air force which will induct anything, even a half-baked product like the J-10, the Indians want the best product they can get (similar to the US Air Force methodology). You think the PLAAF has a choice in what it gets? No, they take whatever the Government tells them to take.
:omghaha:Best product:omghaha:
40 poor LAC are The best product:omghaha:

for 40 odd mk 1... hal cannot start a production facitlity to produce 25-30 p.a and keep the facility and hired staff without work once mk1 order is completed till the mk2 hits production! its not economically viable... as it may take mk2 atleast 4 years to be ready for production... so hal calculated the time set it to 8-16 ac...
if it has further orders for mk1 it can surely ramp up production!..

Also remember that the prodn. rates being talked of are for normal peacetime (Single Shift) production. If needed; the same prodn. line can work multiple shifts and ramp up production. And at the least, produce twice as many a/c.

:omghaha:Best product:omghaha:
40 poor LAC are The best product:omghaha:

It is easier to follow in one's footsteps than it is to blaze one's own trail.

Let me know when the Chinese create something on their own instead of copying and pasting one of our designs (or the Ruskies for that matter).

Most likely. And have they given the delivery time to their prospective clients.

Delivery Time: 50 years or more. ;)

Easier to assemble knock-down kits than to build from scratch wouldn't you say?

Last edited:
If someone create a plane that is similar to Mirage 2000 today, it would be regarded as an "obsolete" design and plane. LCA itself is not obsolete, as Mirage 2000 is still a good plane today. But its 1980s design is an obsolete design. When LCA was first designed in the 80 with Mirage 2000 as the basis, it was expected to be in service by mid to late 1990s. If it came out at 1990s, it would have been a great platform. But the first flight did not occur until 2001. Because of constant changes to the technology, many sub components have to constantly redesigned. So that is why it took forever.

Kindly list the stuff which LCA has in common with Mirage-2000.

Back
Top Bottom