What's new

Will PAF change the Future MIX of its Fleet

I guess ..we should not underestimate our fighters JF17 and J10B...they will be far better than any foreign fighters Inshallah...and U will see when the time comes...:pakistan::pdf::sniper:

Well we started work on our own set of avionics so in 2-3 year time i am positive we will see the fruits of our own research and development

Well our ideal goal should be

a) By 2015
Air Defence batteries 10-15 of them
Some what capable as S-300 series likely chinese variants
Long Range

SPADA
Mid range defence

b) By 2015

300 JF17 Thunders

70 Block A (Chinese Avionics)
70 Block B (Pakistani & Chinese Avionics)
160 Block C (Chinese AESA based work)

100 J10B
With AESA radars

100 F16 C/D level

100 Combination of Mirage & F-7PG

10 AWACS

If we have this fighting force we are in good shape defensively

Around 2016 ** if we can't have 100 F16C/D then we must get rafale
If possible we should get 36 Rafale and retire more mirages

i hope u have the funds for your 'ideal' airforce.

the 300 thunders wld cost US$9 billion as the blocks would get more expensive from the base-line a/c.

the 100 FC-20s = US$ 4 billion
the 100 F-16s C/D = US$5 billion

Well our ideal goal should be

a) By 2015
Air Defence batteries 10-15 of them
Some what capable as S-300 series likely chinese variants
Long Range

SPADA
Mid range defence

b) By 2015

300 JF17 Thunders

70 Block A (Chinese Avionics)
70 Block B (Pakistani & Chinese Avionics)
160 Block C (Chinese AESA based work)

100 J10B
With AESA radars

100 F16 C/D level

100 Combination of Mirage & F-7PG

10 AWACS

If we have this fighting force we are in good shape defensively

Around 2016 ** if we can't have 100 F16C/D then we must get rafale
If possible we should get 36 Rafale and retire more mirages

dude try to be a little realistic. if u would have said by 2020 any sane person would have said may be but u r saying 2015....its already the mid of 2010 and you expect that you guys can produce

286 jf-17
100 j-10
and somehow get another 60 f-16
and somehow get that many AWACS
and dont forget the rest

all this in 4.5 years even countries like USA,china cant do it. go out a little more and socialize with some real people ...:cheesy::D

dude try to be a little realistic. if u would have said by 2020 any sane person would have said may be but u r saying 2015....its already the mid of 2010 and you expect that you guys can produce

286 jf-17
100 j-10
and somehow get another 60 f-16
and somehow get that many AWACS
and dont forget the rest

all this in 4.5 years even countries like USA,china cant do it. go out a little more and socialize with some real people ...:cheesy::D

Well I think we have discussed this before

Pakistan's own production for JF17 thunder is going to reach 35 fighter planes / year and we alo have option to purchase assembled planes from China 10 crafts/ year

300 planes is our goal by 2015 , but some analysts have predicted we can also boost that to 500 planes as per our national needs advantage of making the plane locally at home. And we also have operations going on to create new Avionics for next generation.

We are expecting 18 F16C/D from US , plus option of 14 more fighters , and we need odd 20-30 more F16 purchased which is not a big number after that. The deals to bring in 18+14 F16 is already done plus the MLU is done. To induct another 30 F16 in 5years very doable.

China had what purchased licence for 1300 engines from russia was it for JF17 Thunders ?

J10B we already have shipments for 2014, and in we fully expect to grow that figure to 100-150 in 2-3 years time.

F16 C/D MLU 42, 2012
F16 C/D 18 , 2010
F16 C/D 14 , 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
74 F16 C/D

Projection of 26 more F16 in next 5 years ** as nato ally for States
US will decommission what 1000 F16C/D level fighters in few years ? I am sure we can get 26+ fighters from our ally

100% possible
--------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------------

**And we have requested support from our allies in past
**We could easily get retiring 20-30 F16C/D from US airforce

The J10B plan was already approved in Musharif time period 36 J10B fighter
brand new fighters , and that is coming 2014 , and I am positive we can boost that figure to another 50 planes + in 3 years

Major non-NATO ally (MNNA) is a designation given by the United States government to exceptionally close allies who have close strategic working relationships with US armed forces but are not members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. The MNNA statu, does confer a variety of military and financial advantages that otherwise are not obtainable by non-NATO countries.

AWACs, 4 sweedish awacs, 2010
4 chinese awacs almost 10 , 2011

Need 2 more for backup operations ??

You do realize we have also 13 marine equivlant of awacs P-3 orions - as well

Last edited:
Up until today PAF future fighter fleet mix fleet was as follows so we are led to believe.

50 Thunders block 1 by 2012
100 + Thunders block 2 (western radar and weapons) 2013-2017
36 FC20 (J10B) 2015

18 + 14 MORE F16/ 52 2010-2011. = 32

THATS 218 NEW FIGHTERS FOR PAF BY 2017

Thunder will account for 70% of the new fleet.

In light of India,s decision to increase the SU30MKI to 272 BY the same time frame (they have 124 already)

AND stil order 126 MMRCA probable F18S/H or euro canards BY 2012-2020

And only 40 TEJAS MK1 2011-2014

SHOULD PAF change the mix to different amounts ie

30% each

ie 70+ F16/52
70+ FC20
70 + Thunder

Or stick to Thunder with more advanced block 2 upgrade then intially planned

don't forget to include 45 Mig-29k AND 20 Naval Lca....and most probably 126 MRCA can be increase by 200. u include only 40 lca,i think i will be at least 80-100 by 2017, how ever IA require atleast 200 LCA but they can build only 80-100 by 2017(28 already build and deployed).

don't forget to include 45 Mig-29k AND 20 Naval Lca....and most probably 126 MRCA can be increase by 200. u include only 40 lca,i think i will be at least 80-100 by 2017, how ever IA require atleast 200 LCA but they can build only 80-100 by 2017(28 already build and deployed).

Well Indian airforce has its own goal we are discussing Pakistan Airforce for time being but I am sure one day when the MRCA is approved and one day in future , when all the paperwork is done
and one day when the deliveries will be made I am sure that day , in future , it would be a proud moment for Indians. Some where far far far away in future and we will congradulate India on the MRCA at that point

That day Rahul Gandhi's son will be siging the MRCA approval contract and it would be a great day

India is still evaluating things , paperwork etc so its a very long long long process

What we are discussing are deals done 5-6 years ago ... in Musharif time , long time ago , obviously we are already waiting for 5-6 years etc so

May be in 5-6 years when MRCA is complete then perhaps we can discuss indian airforce but they are in good shape

Well I think we have discussed this before.
Pakistan's own production for JF17 thunder is going to reach 35 fighter planes / year and we alo have option to purchase assembled planes from China 10 crafts/ year

300 planes is our goal by 2015 , but some analysts have predicted we can also boost that to 500 planes as per our national needs advantage of making the plane locally at home. And we also have operations going on to create new Avionics for next generation.
Do you have any reliable source which says JF-17 production rate is going to reach 35 AC per year and how ??

Who is going to finance this huge infrastructure and manufacturing/assembling cost for such high no per year ?? There is no confirmed reports or reliable source for Block 2 configuration and when it gona fly and how much time and money it will take in its integration. Lets say, someone assumes for a min, then by which mathmetics you gona reach 300 in next 4.5 yrs??? Pls explain.

We are expecting 18 F16C/D from US , plus option of 14 more fighters , and we need odd 20-30 more F16 purchased which is not a big number after that. The deals to bring in 18+14 F16 is already done plus the MLU is done. To induct another 30 F16 in 5years very doable.

China had what purchased licence for 1300 engines from russia was it for JF17 ?
Any source??? As on one hand china is developing its own engine for JF-17 and its importing 1300 engines from Russia also ???

J10B we already have shipments for 2014, and in we fully expect to grow that figure to 100-150 in 2-3 years time.

This is really some fanboy story here for J-10B's nos, so i donot wana comment on this part.

Do you have any reliable source which says JF-17 production rate is going to reach 35 AC per year and how ??

Who is going to finance this huge infrastructure and manufacturing/assembling cost for such high no per year ?? There is no confirmed reports or reliable source for Block 2 configuration and when it gona fly and how much time and money it will take in its integration. Lets say, someone assumes for a min, then by which mathmetics you gona reach 300 in next 4.5 yrs??? Pls explain.

Any source??? As on one hand china is developing its own engine for JF-17 and its importing 1300 engines from Russia also ???

This is really some fanboy story here for J-10B's nos, so i donot wana comment on this part.

When you build your own planes then it juts matter of increasing man power

When you build your own planes then it juts matter of increasing man power

Small problem ..

Russia blocked the sale of RD-93 to China which was slated for JF-17. I think now it is safe to add atleast 5 more years for the projections you are making for PAF and then add 45 Mig-29k , 20 Naval LCA....126 MRCA (PAK-FA not included) for IAF calculations.

Cheers !!

Small problem ..

Russia blocked the sale of RD-93 to China which was slated for JF-17. I think now it is safe to add atleast 5 more years for the projections you are making for PAF and then add 45 Mig-29k , 20 Naval LCA....126 MRCA (PAK-FA not included) for IAF calculations.

Cheers !!
You added 5 years on that news which is still in developing. Lets see what china do in response to this....Then we'll talk

Small problem ..

Cheers !!

pls read the article again.....carefully!!! the so called 'blocked sales' is for export of FC-1 to middle-east and african customers who are considered clients of Russia for their MiG-29 sales. dosnt say anything about the JF-17.

cheers mate...sorry to bust your bubble!:cheers:

Up until today PAF future fighter fleet mix fleet was as follows so we are led to believe.

50 Thunders block 1 by 2012
100 + Thunders block 2 (western radar and weapons) 2013-2017
36 FC20 (J10B) 2015

18 + 14 MORE F16/ 52 2010-2011. = 32

THATS 218 NEW FIGHTERS FOR PAF BY 2017

Thunder will account for 70% of the new fleet.

In light of India,s decision to increase the SU30MKI to 272 BY the same time frame (they have 124 already)

AND stil order 126 MMRCA probable F18S/H or euro canards BY 2012-2020

And only 40 TEJAS MK1 2011-2014

SHOULD PAF change the mix to different amounts ie

30% each

ie 70+ F16/52
70+ FC20
70 + Thunder

Or stick to Thunder with more advanced block 2 upgrade then intially planned

brother
1) the initail order of 36 FC20 is bound to go up.
2) the next block JF17 would be upgraded as per requirment and resources and thus will be the back bone of PAF in years to come.
3) more F16.... i dont think so.
i guess the recently ordere F16 may well be the last planes flying in from our westren border, or atleast flying from US. with growing military relation of US with india, we will never be offered anything that can give Pakistan a cutting edge over india and i hope the pakistani military top brass would be wise enough to opt for alternative options!

regards!

pls read the article again.....carefully!!! the so called 'blocked sales' is for export of FC-1 to middle-east and african customers who are considered clients of Russia for their MiG-29 sales. dosnt say anything about the JF-17.

cheers mate...sorry to bust your bubble!:cheers:

what else the world require to prove the potentail of this bird...

PAC in collaboration with chines brother have really acheived a mirical milestone..

brother
1) the initail order of 36 FC20 is bound to go up.
2) the next block JF17 would be upgraded as per requirment and resources and thus will be the back bone of PAF in years to come.
3) more F16.... i dont think so.
i guess the recently ordere F16 may well be the last planes flying in from our westren border, or atleast flying from US. with growing military relation of US with india, we will never be offered anything that can give Pakistan a cutting edge over india and i hope the pakistani military top brass would be wise enough to opt for alternative options!

regards!
Inshallah our JF-17 and FC-20 will be far more outstanding than the F-16nz and will provide cutting edge over any aircraft in the world alongwith the stealth features....:pakistan::pdf::sniper:

Well I think we have discussed this before

China had what purchased licence for 1300 engines from russia was it for JF17 Thunders ?

F16 C/D MLU 42, 2012
F16 C/D 18 , 2010
F16 C/D 14 , 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
74 F16 C/D

Projection of 26 more F16 in next 5 years ** as nato ally for States
US will decommission what 1000 F16C/D level fighters in few years ? I am sure we can get 26+ fighters from our ally

100% possible
--------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------------

**And we have requested support from our allies in past
**We could easily get retiring 20-30 F16C/D from US airforce

The J10B plan was already approved in Musharif time period 36 J10B fighter
brand new fighters , and that is coming 2014 , and I am positive we can boost that figure to another 50 planes + in 3 years

Major non-NATO ally (MNNA) is a designation given by the United States government to exceptionally close allies who have close strategic working relationships with US armed forces but are not members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. The MNNA statu, does confer a variety of military and financial advantages that otherwise are not obtainable by non-NATO countries.

AWACs, 4 sweedish awacs, 2010
4 chinese awacs almost 10 , 2011

Need 2 more for backup operations ??

You do realize we have also 13 marine equivlant of awacs P-3 orions - as well

inshallah we will get for free...:victory::sniper::pakistan::pdf:

Back
Top Bottom